MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fishmeok

Number of posts : 3
Location / Country : usa
Registration date : 2011-07-16

Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine Empty
PostSubject: Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine   Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:22 am

Hello

I have had a Tokyo Model Gun Company m1 carbine for years and always thought it was just a replica. But after doing some reading and research I am wondering if this is an older cap gun? Most of it is plastic, but the ejector is metal, clip is metal, and it seems to have a firing pin (functions like a real gun with charging handle, safety, dry fires, etc). Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks
Mark

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine   Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:29 am

Welcome to the forum Mark!

You are right, M1 rifle model produced by MGC is a cap-firing model. It should have a "detonator pin" inside the chamber, facing backwards, as well as a "firing pin" that would push a cartridge with a cap onto detonator pin. As a result cap explodes, blowback action moves bolt and cartridge with spent cap is ejected.

You can see example of action here - it's not very loud or violent, just enough for fun at home:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weUT8T6mGLU

To get it working you would need to obtain caps, and probably also special cartridges (not sure if you have these).
Back to top Go down
fishmeok

Number of posts : 3
Location / Country : usa
Registration date : 2011-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine   Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 3:17 pm

Thank you- I only learned about modelguns and airsoft a few weeks ago.It never occured to me that this could be a cap gun as most of the parts are plastic. What type of cartridges would it use? Added some pics below

Thanks
Mark

Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine 05110

Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine 05210

Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine 05810

Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine 06010
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine   Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:38 am

Hi fishmeok

Here's a photo of MGCs M1/M2 carbine reuseable brass cartridges
Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine DSCN3025

These are available from Francky at http://franckys-modelgun.com but supplies will be limited as MGC closed their doors some time ago

The photos you posted of your M1 show the Detonator Pin sitting in the chamber so it'll be a certainty you've a cap-firer there:D
I hope this helps

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine   Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tokyo Model Gun M1 Carbine
Page 1 of 1