MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Storing your Cartridges

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Storing your Cartridges Empty
PostSubject: Storing your Cartridges   Storing your Cartridges Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:52 am

Post by Kevin

hello guys,when your not using your cartridges how do you keep them?
I think it's best to store them in a disassembled state. the reasoning being the rubber "O" ring is better kept in an uncompressed state until your are going to assemble it to use.What are your thoughts on this?
Regards Kevin.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Storing your Cartridges   Storing your Cartridges Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Garyforce

hey kevin welcome to the forum Storing your Cartridges Icon_biggrin

me personally....... i keep all my carts in the assembled state (not primed i might add).

i keep them stored away in a metal box (rather like a secure money box with the key that you can get in most shops) ..... its foam lined and all my carts are in there ..... and those that i have that came in boxes..........are in their boxes within this case.

i also have a seperate metal container which houses all my caps Storing your Cartridges Icon_smile
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Storing your Cartridges   Storing your Cartridges Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Mark

Gary, the metal box for your caps, does it have "desicant" packages or a de-humidifier in it to absorb any moisture? I am sure that since the caps are sensitive to moisture they might absorb enough to mis-fire frequently.

I too like to keep the cartridges together as they have so many parts to contend with so, it is a good idea to clean/dry them and assemble them after use as well as store them in a nice air-tight container. The cartridges are so expensive that it's a good idea to take care of them so they will last longe as well as find the when you need them.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Storing your Cartridges   Storing your Cartridges Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Garyforce

well mark.......to be honest....i cant remember Storing your Cartridges Icon_biggrin hehe...... they're backup north and i cant recall if i put any in Storing your Cartridges Icon_biggrin

but since moving in ive found a few of the little packets so i can put a few in if i dont have any in already Storing your Cartridges Icon_biggrin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Storing your Cartridges   Storing your Cartridges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Storing your Cartridges
Page 1 of 1