MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How many caps do you use?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

How many caps do you use? Empty
PostSubject: How many caps do you use?   How many caps do you use? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by francky1958

HI guys!

I always wandering how many caps do menbers on this forum usually use in a month. In my case, 1000 at least to 2000 caps in a month. you can imgine that i washed the tons of cartridges at the kichen once in a day.
I always firing the modelguns at night in the living room( not big room, here in Tokyo), i'm lucky guy 'cause my wife had never mention it at all.
anyway, i'm really want to know about that. i know this is stupid question.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: How many caps do you use?   How many caps do you use? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:54 pm

Post by Claymore

No this is not a stupid question Francky. 1000-2000 a month that is a lot of firing.
For me it is only about 200 a month, the reasons for that are

1. Time, which i dont seem to get. It takes (well for me anyway) a long time to load fire then clean and load rounds. I would say to fire about 3 to 4 mags of a 30 round mag takes about 2, 2 1/2 hours for me loading cleaning etc.

2. Money, caps are not cheap over here (£7) a box, if i fired 1000 caps a month that would be £70 which is unfortunatly too much money.

3. A place to fire the guns, i am confined to one room to fire in (orders from my wife) and it is not ideal as i still have to be careful where the rounds go so as to prevent damage.

So hopefully in the future when i get a room that i can in without worrying about breaking anything and i bit more time to fire and the big one which is cheaper caps then i would like to be able to fire a lot more in the month.
In fact my goal now Francky is to try to match you, maybe i could match a 1000 but i doubt that i will be able to get to firing 2000 caps a month, it would be fun trying though
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: How many caps do you use?   How many caps do you use? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by francky1958

Hi Claymore,

7pound for one box of caps!! oh no!! That's too much. i understand your
situation, friends arounds me said something like you said to me, main problem is the sounds, and sometimes damage to the wall or furniture.

I think that machingun and submachingun are not too louds though, most of the people around my age are living with wife and kids. it is hard to get their private room to shoot the modelguns. i guess i'm one of the lucky guy. i also don't have my complete private room but living room is my shooting stage.

7pound for one box of caps,,,,,,,,,!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: How many caps do you use?   How many caps do you use? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by jay851

hi francky
2000 a month How many caps do you use? Icon_eek ....you lucky man.
as claymore said,they are not that cheap here in the u.k and finding the time with three kids running round the house does'nt help.
i dont have trouble with the noise of them as both my neighbours are deaf so i can probably rattle off about 300 - 500 a month,most of them in my mgc tommygun How many caps do you use? Icon_biggrin .

jay
kokusai s&w military/police 4" bull barrel
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: How many caps do you use?   How many caps do you use? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:56 pm

Post by Mark

Myself, i really haven't had enough time in the last few weeks to fire many caps so, i have kept my cap usage below 400 per month. Now, if i had more time and a large supply of caps i would shoot far more. At my greatest cap usage time i was shooting 1500 or more per month. However, i was only shooting during the worst and coldest weather when i could not go out and shoot my real firearms so, it kept my cap usage up.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: How many caps do you use?   How many caps do you use? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:56 pm

Post by Garyforce

well guys ......i took the opportunity to blast of a few rounds today ..... an unfortunately for myself ...... as long as im in this flat i wont be able to fire anything How many caps do you use? Icon_sad

its too noisy .... (and theres a real risk of setting of the fire alarms in this place How many caps do you use? Icon_sad )

so for the forseeable future ..... guess im outa luck How many caps do you use? Icon_cry
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: How many caps do you use?   How many caps do you use? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by Mark
That is certainly bad news Gary! I would hate to be in that situation and not be able to shoot when ever i felt like it as shooting the modelguns is a good percentage of the fun...What is your flat like? Is it in a large complex with many other renters? Or?

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: How many caps do you use?   How many caps do you use? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:58 pm

Post by francky1958

Hi Jay,

That's very funny! I laughed, "your neighbours are deaf" I shouldn't laugh
but hahaha!! but that's good for you.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: How many caps do you use?   How many caps do you use? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:58 pm

Post by Dartec

I may be lucky too. I fire mine in the loft where my 'office' is so it is full of stuff. Which tends to act as sound proofing. Only do a 100 per month perhaps and this is more to do with not wanting to were my guns out. Too expensive to replace, thats why I like one for the collection and one for play. Plus this by default stops me spending too much money on caps.

I find I am buying guns so no money left for extra carts and caps. Must have some 2000 caps in total in stock at moment. Tried to get some from AD but ended up cancelling after 2 months wait, they were £3.50. Will buy from Modelgun.co.uk from now on Jay says he has plenty of stock so that's worth the extra in my opinion.

Some of my guns never fired like: Glock 18c, Beretta 93r, Scorpion v61, USP. Have 2: v10, Beretta (M9/Italian) so these are the ones I play with most. Plus my XM177 has I did get the kit version for my collection.

Thinking of getting the Ultrasonic cleaning to help speed things up. But the loading I don't mind reminds me of my real steal days when I used to sit in theloft and spen all Friday evening & night reloading for a full weekend shoot, some realism back.

I like to have a full clear day and mind to shoot so I can straight away shoot and clean all in the same day. Must keep my models in tip top condition.

Ray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many caps do you use?   How many caps do you use? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many caps do you use?
Page 1 of 1