MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Empty
PostSubject: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Shoei have released their latest and eagerly anticipated MKb42(H) modelgun.

Tomio sent me these photos today:

Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Mkb42New3
Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Mkb42New2
Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Mkb42New1

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:37 pm

I'd just chased Tokyo Model for it...
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 7:40 am

I received the announcement from Shoei, too.

Are you going to order one, Cerwyn?

I have been buying real guns like crazy, finally able to find and afford the ones I want.
But this modelgun is something else, and I'm not ever going to buy a real one.

Even the Dietrich semi replica of this one will not make it to the US - it's open bolt unlike the MP44 version, which is a no, no.

Let's have a report back from an owner - the Shoei replicas are so well made, I love the MP44 and FG42 I own.

Pit.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 10:45 am

Unfortunately Pit, my finances won't allow me to even think about ordering one of these No I'm lucky enough to have a Shoei MP44 which is the most expensive modelgun I've ever bought. I guess if I sold some of my other models I could raise the cash to buy a new MKb42 BUT I don't really want to part with anything in my collection Very Happy

I'm sure one of the members here will have one and will, hopefully, give us a review to enjoy (please)

Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 7:45 pm

Wonder who will that be Rolling Eyes ...but only if it's available from Tokyo Model or other local shops (only 80 pcs made this time) since don't wanna spend extras on handling/shipping when this is doubled the price of the already pricey MP44...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:30 am

Just released (October 9th 2012), Shoei's video of their PFC firing MkB42 in action :

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 12:36 pm

And here's a video of the dummy cartridge model:

Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Thanks Cerwyn,

Three things.

1. It's telling when they can't get it to function reliably in the factory.
Like many open bolt firearms it is more reliable in full auto.

2. That half blued half phosphate finish is great, many MP44 went into the field this way (rushed - late war, piece meal assembled, etc.,) - I know it's because the modelgun in the video is a prototype but just a comment - although the MKB42's were likely all finished evenly.

3. Shoei make an MP38 (see video sidebar) - that means I have another modelgun to buy - I will never buy a real MP38, or even a dummy (US dummy is equivalent to a UK deactivated) one, and need one for the collection.

Pit.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:19 am

The MP38 is a transformation kit tailor-made for China's AGM Electric Airsoft instead of a pfc/dummy...
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:20 am

In China right now Crying or Very sad ...can't wait to watch the videos epecially the pfc ones...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:17 pm

Jim's correct in saying the Shoei MP38 conversion kit is specifically for Chinese made AEG Airsoft MP40s. I did ask Tomio sometime ago if he considered selling kits to convert Marushin MP40s. It is illegal apparently to fit replacement metal parts onto plastic modelguns unless the parts were metal originally. So, we're not going to see a Shoei conversion for ABS MP40s. Damned shame really as it'd make a nice desireable model.

I was lucky enough to be able to do some research work for Tomio before he started producing the StG 44. He was looking for correct surface finish and factory and WaA stamps. As you said Pit' during the latter stages of the War several factories were producing components for the StG and these were all brought together for final assembly. If I remember correctly some of the 43s and MP44s were Phosphate finished but time was at such a premium they varnished over bare metal for many such was the rush to get the weapons to the troops.

The earlier MkB42, the MP43s and MP44s would have been blued as these were precision built rather than thrown together in a rush.

The bare metal or Phosphate finish would have looked good IMHO on the StG44 if only to make it look different to the MP44 in anyone's collection.

As for firing performance, the second video shows him using 1x7mm and 1x5mm cap in each cartridge which he confesses causes heavy damage to the model's internals and as many of us have found can cause firing problems due to too much power. The first vid seems to show that a single 7mm cap works best. All I can go by is reports from owners of PFC MP44s that all seem to complain of poor firing. I hope, personaly, that Tomio perseveres with the PFC route as a decent firing model like this would be well worth having.

Perhaps it'd be a good idea to ask 8ace to have a look at the problem as he's worke miracles on my Hudson AK47 and Marushin M16 / XM177 models amongst others. IdeaQuestion

Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Cerwyn,

Some of the owners of the new semi-MP44 (PTR44) have retro-worked the factory blue into a patchwork finish to look like late-war guns - I think they look very cool.
I have to admit I do not have the heart to do it to my Shoei MP44 -

The MP38 is for soft airguns, that could be an option, but I am less keen on softair, unless the replica is a very rare one - the ZB26 was one, but I found a DOT marked Czech kit, so I will be going the build route instead.

Pit.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Reinforced Export Version WANTED (if Marushin can make higher-powered GBBs for export only then why not Shoei)!
Back to top Go down
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

Number of posts : 168
Location / Country : Sweden.
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Speaking of, do anybody know where you can buy one of these mp38 airsoft transformation kits?
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:47 am

Sommarkatze wrote:
Speaking of, do anybody know where you can buy one of these mp38 airsoft transformation kits?

Here in HK...I'll say Tokyo Model...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:50 am

Hi Sommarkatze

You could try John at www.plugfirecapgunsuk.com as he is a UK based distributor for Shoei products. If Shoei have the kits ready for sale now John should be able to get you one

Back to top Go down
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 11:53 am

Thank you! I guess I could always order directly from Shoei also Smile
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:11 pm

Or from Germany dealer Smile easy!
http://www.shoei-germany.de/
Back to top Go down
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Thanks for the tip! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 4:58 pm

Good to know about the German dealer - if they have those models in stock, that is a useful resource.
The Japanese site is a bit vague.

Pit.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:20 am

Received further info from the kind Tomio san for the pfc version:

Difference between a dummy version and a firing version :

The following parts are different.

Chamber (A charge mouth is expanded and a chamber firing pin is set.)

Bolt (An extractor claw is exchanged for steel in order to give intensity. Since it fixes to a bolt carrier, tap processing is given to the back.)

Bolt carrier (Since a bolt is fixed, the taper cut of the junction of a bolt is carried out, and the hole of a screw is set to the back.)

Magazine (The weak exclusive spring of a tension is used.)

Receiver (Expansion processing of the charge mouth from a magazine is carried out.)

Kit sale will be able to be carried out if it can change into a PFC model from a dummy model only by exchanging a chamber, a bolt, a bolt carrier, and a magazine spring. However, since the form of a dummy cartridge and a PFC cartridge is different and expansion processing of a receiver's charge mouth is required, kit sale is impossible.

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:41 pm

It looks like Tomio's sorted the Mkb42 PFC firing out nicely now...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun   Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shoei Release new Mkb42 (H) Modelgun
Page 1 of 1