MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds Empty
PostSubject: Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds   Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:43 am

Post by PAWNO

Hi

First off please excuse me if this is in the wrong section. Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds Icon_confused

I read bits and pieces of wa-shan related stuff on here and have also owned and converted a m92f to take 9mm dummy rounds (which was quite successful) but the one gun I can't seem to find any info on is the WA-Shan m66 revolver.

What I want to know is if kokusai dummy or real types rounds(.38 cal) can be put into this gun.It doesn't have to be able to fire just a good fit would be perfect.

The m66 looks to have full size carts but I can't be sure so anyone who has this gun would be helpful.

Finally on a slightly related topic are kokusai .38cal and .357 rounds able to fit into each others guns? ie .357 in a .38 special.I only ask as their dimensions seem to be exactly the same.

I've only recently become interested in revolvers and therefore know very little about them.

any help would be very much appreciated.

cheers
dan
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds   Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:44 am

Post by Mark

Hi PAWNO and welcome to the forums!

I have little information on the Wa-Shan modelguns especially their revolvers. But, they do appear that they might be able to accept modelgun cartridges as the Wa-Shans appear to be copies of the Japanese modelguns so, they might follow the Kokusai dimensions fairly closely so the Kokusai rounds may fit. Myself, i have been a semi-full auto fan for many years and just about all of my (both model and real) firearms are semi. I only have three revolvers out of all of them..

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds   Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Spencerman

I have a Kokusai model 10, which incorrectly states that it is a .357 magnum, and th rounds are supposedly .357 magnum, but they are the same size as a .38 special. Not too much of a gripe (see Garys review in the review section), as this does mean that for display purposes only you could chamber dummy .38 rounds.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds   Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Claymore
The only wa shan revolover i have seen for sale is what looks like a S&W M19 snubbie and that will be 357 and as for rounds i think that they are similar to mgc or kokusai
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds   Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:46 am

Post by John

I also think the Wa Shan revolver is M19. But it disappers from the market for a long time.

The old version (not full size) Kokusai .357 & .38 plain cartridges are identical. Kokusai also made the more realistic chrome body, copper colored bullet cartridges. These .357 & .38 cartridges are also identical in size except they have different markings.

I have the new (full version) .38 for Kokusai M10 but don't have any new .357 cartridges to compare.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds   Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:47 am

Post by rizzo

Just for reference, my Kokusai M10 M&P 4" accepts deactivated .38 special rounds just fine Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds   Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wa Shan M66 Revolver and Kokusai rounds
Page 1 of 1