MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

tanio action ppk suppressor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
akazz
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : uk
Registration date : 2012-08-09

tanio action ppk suppressor Empty
PostSubject: tanio action ppk suppressor   tanio action ppk suppressor Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 8:47 pm

made up a quick push fit surpressor for my quack action ppk makes it a great surpressed pistol prop ejecting spent .22lr casings
supressor itself is nothing more than a large roller bearing with a lenth of airsoft barrel epoxyed inside sprayed black then rubbed some silver paint on with a cloth
tanio action ppk suppressor Imag0914

tanio action ppk suppressor Imag0915
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 240
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: tanio action ppk suppressor   tanio action ppk suppressor Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 1:36 am

Wait, what PPK is this? It uses .22?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
akazz
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: tanio action ppk suppressor   tanio action ppk suppressor Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:11 am

its a mgc model mate uses a tanio or "quack" action meaning that when you pull the trigger the weapon cycles and ejects spent brass (.22lr brass fit and eject) making it an exelent suicide/ silent prop
the suppressor has sinc been blued and looks a lot better ill get better pics up at some point mate
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: tanio action ppk suppressor   tanio action ppk suppressor Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:10 pm

So is this one of the ones that is spring power and just sends the slide back when you pull the trigger- it doesn't fully cycle and chamber a new round?
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: tanio action ppk suppressor   tanio action ppk suppressor Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:44 pm

It does fully cycle.

When you pull trigger, slide travels back smoothly until a point, pushed by a lever linked to the trigger.
Cartridge (if present) is removed from chamber by extractor, and ejected during this phase.
At a certain point slide slips off the moving lever and slams forward (by spring power), chambering the next cartridge from magazine.
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: tanio action ppk suppressor   tanio action ppk suppressor Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 4:58 pm

I've never seen these before, but I love the idea. Where did you find this? Are there other models?
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: tanio action ppk suppressor   tanio action ppk suppressor Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 3:09 pm

"Tanio Action" was probably the first "blowback" mechanism. It was used in early models from MGC.

MGC Walther PPK is probably the most widely available one, exported and sold in Europe and USA.
If I remember correctly they also made Parabellum, P38 (early "Uncle" variant) and full-size 1911 with this mechanism.
Back to top Go down
akazz
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: tanio action ppk suppressor   tanio action ppk suppressor Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 10:11 pm

yeah id love to get my hands on the 1911 aswell but havent seen one up for grabs as yet
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: tanio action ppk suppressor   tanio action ppk suppressor Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm

Found it, it was Hobby Fix, not MGC, who produced Colt 1911 with Tanio Action:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t1707-hobby-fix-colt-government-m1911a1-photo-gallery-and-exploded-diagram
Back to top Go down
akazz
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: tanio action ppk suppressor   tanio action ppk suppressor Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 11:56 am

hopefully ill find one eventually , love my ppk there's something about being able to fire it without any prep at all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: tanio action ppk suppressor   tanio action ppk suppressor Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 7:28 am

I have the artillery Luger in quack action - but it does not work with .22lr spent casings.
I had the PPK and yes, it works great, but only with about four in the mag, the mag won't feed any more reliably, because of their short length - at least it wouldn't in the one I had.
(It said 6.35mm on the slide, too - )
I would love to find one again -

Does yours have the "party leader" grips? - so very non-PC -

Pit.
Back to top Go down
akazz
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: tanio action ppk suppressor   tanio action ppk suppressor Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 8:17 pm

yeah got the party leader grips on it not very pc but hey ho, doesn't personally bother me mine feeds fine now had to bend the feed lips on the mag a bit but will cycle a full mag off 22lr casings now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tanio action ppk suppressor   tanio action ppk suppressor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tanio action ppk suppressor
Page 1 of 1