MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This made me giggle, MGC Thompson

Go down 
+2
claymore
JohnnyV
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

This made me giggle, MGC Thompson Empty
PostSubject: This made me giggle, MGC Thompson   This made me giggle, MGC Thompson Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi Folks
I was talking by email with someone in Japan and they told me a story,
Now for years we, (please excuse me if you did know!) have been talking and moaning about the wobbly stock on MGC Thompsons ? oh come on you know we have Laughing Well I mentioned this and the Japanese man said :
"why don't you tighten the stock screw properly"
What? I said,
"The stock screw for stopping the stock wobbling" he said,
Show me, and he did....
This made me giggle, MGC Thompson Img_3310
This made me giggle, MGC Thompson Img_3311
Yes Shocked that's right if you screw up the front stock screw very tight cyclops the stock suddenly stops wobbling cheers WELL OFF COURSE IT DOES !!!, How Did I mis that What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face
I am sure I could hear the man thinking..... Idiot Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Photo shows this, on the left as it is when really tightened on the right, as they have been here for years Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Then I had a giggle at how sometimes the obvious is invisible...........
A lesson learned cheers

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: This made me giggle, MGC Thompson   This made me giggle, MGC Thompson Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:00 pm

well i'll be blowed,simples!
Back to top Go down
kickback
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
kickback

Number of posts : 338
Location / Country : UK.Cambridgeshire
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: This made me giggle, MGC Thompson   This made me giggle, MGC Thompson Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:08 pm

you mean you didn't know that! what a plonker Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed ,no me neither lol!

no wobble the price has gone up bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Suomi KP/-31
Suomi KP/-31

Number of posts : 57
Location / Country : Sweden
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: This made me giggle, MGC Thompson   This made me giggle, MGC Thompson Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:26 am

Nope... no matter how hard I tighten the screw, stock still wobbles. Tightening only makes it harder/impossible to detach stock. Seems my stock screw's too short or something.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

PostSubject: Re: This made me giggle, MGC Thompson   This made me giggle, MGC Thompson Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:47 am

Quote :
Nope... no matter how hard I tighten the screw, stock still wobbles. Tightening only makes it harder/impossible to detach stock. Seems my stock screw's too short or something.

Smile Take out the screw, and using a large blade screw driver just turn it and remove a bit of wood in screw hole, even just roughing it up can make the difference, this allows screw to go a bit deeper into hole and lock the stock on.
Note with screw done up stock is fixed.
Took me 1 minute to do the same on two here, I noticed that both were refinished ones so maybe untreated wood hole has swollen a tiny bit causing screw not to go in far enough ..
Back to top Go down
Chris74
Chris74

Number of posts : 95
Location / Country : Germany/NRW
Registration date : 2013-01-07

PostSubject: Re: This made me giggle, MGC Thompson   This made me giggle, MGC Thompson Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:00 am

Shocked Of cause this is a Setscrew ^^ Part No 54 in Manual mean: Setscrew for Stock.
My Aunt is married with a Japanese, he told me the meaning of this worm-Letters cyclops
I thought everyone knows .......
Back to top Go down
Suomi KP/-31
Suomi KP/-31

PostSubject: Re: This made me giggle, MGC Thompson   This made me giggle, MGC Thompson Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:55 am

JohnnyV wrote:
Take out the screw, and using a large blade screw driver just turn it and remove a bit of wood in screw hole, even just roughing it up can make the difference, this allows screw to go a bit deeper into hole and lock the stock on. Note with screw done up stock is fixed.
I'll try that - thanks!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Suomi KP/-31
Suomi KP/-31

PostSubject: Re: This made me giggle, MGC Thompson   This made me giggle, MGC Thompson Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Well... hacking away with a screwdriver didn't do much, so I broke out the good old power drill... and, as Austin Powers would put it, YEAH BABY! Drilled the hole a bit deeper and stocky-no-wobbly. Excellent tip - thanks, JohnnyV!
Back to top Go down
mrclark

Number of posts : 19
Location / Country : Canada
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: This made me giggle, MGC Thompson   This made me giggle, MGC Thompson Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:00 pm

I know this is an old thread, but if you don't mind me asking when you tighten and raise that screw doesn't it just scrape up against the lower body of the gun.

Every time you take the stock off it will scratch and wear this area correct?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

PostSubject: Re: This made me giggle, MGC Thompson   This made me giggle, MGC Thompson Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi
You do not leave the screw in tight, you put the stock on, then tighten the screw, then loosen it when you want to take the stock off:)
Or put up with the wobble if you want a fast take down
Not very "real" but neither are the two screws holding the top and bottom receiver together, modelgun compromise Wink 
Photo is just for illustration....
Back to top Go down
mrclark

Number of posts : 19
Location / Country : Canada
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: This made me giggle, MGC Thompson   This made me giggle, MGC Thompson Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Ok thanks, there has to be a better way though. I've been experimenting with different spring tensions. It seems if you take the stock apart and replace with a firmer spring it also helps. I'm not happy with the springs I have and will get better ones. I'll update once I'm done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This made me giggle, MGC Thompson   This made me giggle, MGC Thompson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This made me giggle, MGC Thompson
Page 1 of 1