MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC 68 MP-40 Sale Info

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MMSIBOB

Number of posts : 1
Location / Country : Indiana
Registration date : 2013-04-23

MGC 68 MP-40 Sale Info Empty
PostSubject: MGC 68 MP-40 Sale Info   MGC 68 MP-40 Sale Info Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Hello all,
I'm new to this forum so I'd just like to say hello. I found this forum by researching my replica MP-40. I listed it on Ebay but it was pulled due to it not having an orange plug in the barrel. I refuse to do this for fear of ruining it's original condition. I want to sell it but don't know what the fair dollar amount is. From the research I've done it looks like I have the early model. Serial #4405 plus the trigger guard is stamped "made in japan". There are other indicators as well that lead me to this conclusion. The gun looks worn and has started to develop some surface rust. This can be reblued if need be. I can post photos for anyone who thinks they can help me confirm this as being an early model and also help put a dollar amount.
Thanks very much,
Bob
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: MGC 68 MP-40 Sale Info   MGC 68 MP-40 Sale Info Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:04 am

Hello Bob, welcome to the forum!

There are two factors that will affect the value of your particular MGC68 MP40. Is it a cap-firing or a display only model?

Have a read through

These two sections should help you identify what you have. Please feel free to post up some photos here too as I'm sure we can help you pin it down.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
richie328

Number of posts : 70
Location / Country : Western NY, USA
Registration date : 2013-01-23

PostSubject: Re: MGC 68 MP-40 Sale Info   MGC 68 MP-40 Sale Info Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 2:12 am

Bob -

I have both an early and a late MGC68 MP-40, and from what I have seen (completed auctions) on eBay and Gunbroker.com, the MGC68's go for ~$400 USD...

I'm told it is a federal law that the muzzle have a red/orange plug (or be painted red/orange) but it seems to be for pictures/advertising purposes only...Mine have come through with red painted plastic pipe plugs or caps stuck to the muzzle...

Summer is coming and re-enactors should be looking for quick buys on both the above sites...

Be sure to mention whether the magazine has spring & follower; whether bolt is angle-milled; and if the chamber will accept the PFC cartridge...Some PFC MP-40's were sold as 'dummies' [without detonators] but still can be modified, if you can find the parts...

Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 618
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: MGC 68 MP-40 Sale Info   MGC 68 MP-40 Sale Info Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 6:25 am

Good advice, Richie.

Pit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC 68 MP-40 Sale Info   MGC 68 MP-40 Sale Info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC 68 MP-40 Sale Info
Page 1 of 1