MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin PPK/S interesting problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vyking

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Marushin PPK/S interesting problem Empty
PostSubject: Marushin PPK/S interesting problem   Marushin PPK/S interesting problem Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:12 pm

Hi all,

So I've had my PPK for about two years now and it has been very good- performed quite well in a few films and generally been one of my favourites. I have been away working for six weeks and decided that I should field strip and clean everything for Christmas (because I'm fun like that) and started on the PPK.

I took the slide off and the lever that connects the trigger back to the hammer assembly (part 12 on the exploded diagram) fell out. To put this back in I had to take the grips off and discovered that putting the lever back in is not so easy. After much trying I succeeded in getting everything back into place only to discover that the hammer can be cocked back but the gun will not fire either in single or double action; when held gangster-style it does fire in double action sometimes. The only thing I can see is that where the lever (part 12) connects into the hammer interface thingy (part 15 on the diagram, I'm still not up on the terminology) it can be put into the right notch to operate the trigger action but when this is fired once it slips down.

I will post pictures tomorrow but in case anyone has experienced this before- tips, suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Vyking

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Marushin PPK/S interesting problem   Marushin PPK/S interesting problem Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 11:19 am

So no pics yet as I've been super busy but the problem is this:

The trigger bar is not connecting to the trigger firmly, meaning the trigger comes loose and can't engage the sear fully. I've checked the manuals for a missing part and there doesn't seem to be one; the circular projection on the trigger bar fits into the hole in the trigger but when put under tension it slips out causing the other end to drop from the sear. If I use a finger to hold the bar in place it works fine. Anybody got any ideas as to a fix?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Marushin PPK/S interesting problem   Marushin PPK/S interesting problem Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Hi Vyking,

I apologise for being so late responding, I didn't see your posts until today.

I had similar problems with my PPK. The trigger bar is a push fit into a hole in the trigger as you say and yep, it's a real pain to locate securely.
I encountered problems when I removed the grips, the trigger bar slipped out of place. After re-inserting the bar into the trigger replacing the grips firmly sorted mine out.
Mine is a newly built model from kit so there's no appreciable wear anywhere. If yours is well used, has the trigger bar spigot or hole in the trigger worn to the point it won't stay in place?

Have you got a copy of the Instruction Manual? If not, here's a copy...

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Marushin PPK/S interesting problem   Marushin PPK/S interesting problem Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 5:48 pm

seen this a few times, usually the spring part #34 has been put back incorrectly, have not got one here, but that is usually the issue. hooks on to the bar to stop it coming out. might be the problem
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 119
Location / Country : Cambs, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: New Build issues   Marushin PPK/S interesting problem Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Apologies for resurrecting this old thread, but I'm having issues with the kit version that I have just built. It's not my first, but it is the first in a long time! My issue is that it will not fire in Double Action. I've checked linkages etc and cannot see that anything is out of place! I've noted the issues surrounding part #12 as previously mentioned, but that is firmly in place. Likewise with the spring part #34 as mentioned by JohnnyV, that is in place correctly. The only other "issue" I have is the spring on the hold open lever, this fits in the hole in the bar. but the other end seems too long to sit above it and into the slot for the bar and thus provide the "return". I can't see that this would affect the DA though......

Any thoughts?

Ta
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 119
Location / Country : Cambs, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: PPK - Update   Marushin PPK/S interesting problem Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 4:42 pm

I haven't cured this problem yet, but I'm getting close.... Wasn't even firing in SA!!

After a sit down and looking over with a fresh eye, I noticed that the main spring for the hammer had "crept" up over the notch on the spring guide, a quick disassembly and it fits better. I didn't notce if it was upside down originally, so I am assuming it was (Japanese instructions...) All back together ad it will fire in SA, but I still can't get the DA working.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin PPK/S interesting problem   Marushin PPK/S interesting problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin PPK/S interesting problem
Page 1 of 1