MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to Load Old Type Rounds?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

How to Load Old Type Rounds? Empty
PostSubject: How to Load Old Type Rounds?   How to Load Old Type Rounds? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 9:16 am

Does anyone have a diagram please, or just a written explanation, of how to load the Old Type MGC cartridges?
I've bought an MGC Colt M1911 that uses the older type apparently, it hasn't arrived yet, so I'm going on what the e-mails tell me!

Shazhib reckoned it's definately old style with a much wider detonator pin.
The seller tells me they are not the multi piece modern type

This photo might help identifythe rounds:

How to Load Old Type Rounds? COLT1911mgc4

Thanks in anticipation!

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: How to Load Old Type Rounds?   How to Load Old Type Rounds? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 9:17 am

Post by Claymore

Mate if they are the open hollow rounds they are easy, just push the cap into the open hole (powder facing up) and then use whatever you use now to safely push the cap to the bottom of the round and that is that. Open rounds are a hell of a lot easier to load and clean but of course do not always function as well, though in my mac 11 the work great.
Of course the ropunds could also be the ones where the cap just fits in the hollow point of the round but they are not blow back type.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: How to Load Old Type Rounds?   How to Load Old Type Rounds? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 9:18 am

Hiya Claymore,

Thanks for that mate. I've seen photos on Francky's sales pages of plain open cartridges (similar to the Marui type I suppose) but the photo of the gun including rounds I posted up shows a cartridge with a "bullet" head on it. The nose is drilled clearly to allow the detonator pin inside.
Is this what you mean by :

Of course the ropunds could also be the ones where the cap just fits in the hollow point of the round but they are not blow back type.

I understand the round itself won't have a blow back piston but it'll still give the gun realistic Blow Back and automatic ejection won't it?
Do these rounds use the same 7mm plastic caps as MGC/ Marushin?

Sorry if I sound thick, I haven't come accross this type before!

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: How to Load Old Type Rounds?   How to Load Old Type Rounds? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Claymore

The det pin acts as the seal as it is usually round with small pin on the end to ignite the cap so it should blow back. and usually they are 7mm but ingram rounds come in 5mm as well
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: How to Load Old Type Rounds?   How to Load Old Type Rounds? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 9:20 am

Thank you mate, I'm looking forward to getting this Colt now, should be here anyday hopefully!
Really appreciate your help yet again

Thanks

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: How to Load Old Type Rounds?   How to Load Old Type Rounds? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Phobus

Nice pistol you have there Cerwyn .
Is it full -Metal ? If not it certainly looks it from the pic .
Do you have any more info about it ?
Year of manufacture ?

Get the dremmel warmed up to shift that horrible plug How to Load Old Type Rounds? Icon_wink

Regards Carl.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: How to Load Old Type Rounds?   How to Load Old Type Rounds? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 9:21 am

Hiya Phobus,

Thank you mate, it does look a nice one doesn't it?
It hasnt arrived yet, but no, itisn't full metal..
Here's a full descrption as I got it off the auction site!

Year of Manufacture 1979
From MGC of Japan comes this older model gun... a copy of the COLT .45 1911 semi auto handgun. This detailed replica has an ABS Slide and Frame with metal hammer, metal mag release, metal trigger, all metal magazine, metal screws, pins and such, and features fully replicated function and operation. The slide has full inscriptions on both sides of the slide as well as U.S Government inscriptions on the right side of the frame. The standard plastic grips have been upgraded to real wood pieces. The magazine pops out allowing loading and unloading of the 6 inert blowback shells while the metal trigger has single action that when pulled allows the hammer to drop to strike the firing rod/pin. The shells are also designed to accept small high intensity 7mm caps that fit into the base of each reusable shell, so it can simulate firing as well. When the cartridges are loaded with the proper caps (while the 6 empty cartridges ARE supplied with the auction, the caps that go into them are not) they ignite when the trigger is pulled and the hammer drops, which in turn cycles the slide to blowback, eject the spent casing, then chamber another “round” to repeat the process. The overall look is realistic and makes for a great theatrical prop or wall hanger as it does look very real. We have not tested this replica to see if it will actually fire with caps installed, but it appears to be in good mechanical shape. However, due to the age of the item, we cannot guarantee it will cap fire, so please keep this in mind if considering placing a bid.

From conversations I've had through the forum so far, it'll have an older version of cartridge, not the cp type.

Can't wait for it to come now!

Cerwyn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Load Old Type Rounds?   How to Load Old Type Rounds? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Load Old Type Rounds?
Page 1 of 1