MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAW Thompson M1A1

Go down 
+8
Chris Rush
SBASWilliam
muzzleflash
shazhib
JohnnyV
ljerr2
claymore
Cerwyn
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 10:26 am

It seems that CAW are planning on releasing their version of the Thompson M1A1  cheers 

They bought a number of production moulds from Hudson just before they closed. The CAW version of the M3A1 Grease Gun is a much improved modelgun so hopes are high for the Thompson.
Chances are that CAW will use HWABS rather than Zinc Alloy but time will tell.

I wonder which other moulds CAW managed to buy from Hudson .... 

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1236
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 10:41 am

It is good news but i take it this will be a plastic thompson, which is going to be a bit unusual. but if it looks good and fires well then i will have to have one, just hope it does not come out at a stupid price!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 11:10 am

It's almost certain that this will be made in HWABS in my opinion. 

CAW made a good job of the Grease Gun. An extra kilo in weight and it fires really well (even if the rate of fire's too fast)

The Thompson will be eagerly awaited. Price is likely to be high though No but we'll see in time  

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 12:24 pm

OK, well this is getting interesting. If this is correct then its metal and going to bE 58,000 yen which is what £320 £350?

http://ozashiki-shooters.com/?p=3070

http://mule.co.jp/thompson-m1a1-hadoson-revival/

So am i seeing this right? and if so Johnnyv are you ordering any?
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 12:53 pm

very interesting and very exciting, too!

Is there anything in the media releases that leads you to believe it is going to be a metal model?

The picture appears to be a real steel model, doesn't it (stock photo of a real weapon)?

Last edited by ljerr2 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 1:14 pm

Looks like zinc to me, at least the pics of the barrel and if its in Japan it wont be steel.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Yea of course I will be getting some Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And jerrod, I did get your mails, so sorry for not answering yet !! the answer is yes anyway!!
Sorry again mate, will get on it ASAP !!
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 12:29 am

John -
No problem - thanks!  Smile

I just re-checked the links in the post above and saw all of the pre-production pictures of the new  M1A1.  I had only seen the first picture before and didn't click on the other pic links.  Wow!  Not much doubt this will be a zinc model and will be really cool.  Looks like it has its own dedicated rounds, or just the top of the round?

Can anyone report as to CAW's commitment to making a good-firing model? I've heard the Grease gun performs very well. I wonder if the M1A1 will be a wall-hanger or if it will fire reliably???

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 10:31 am

Wow, I am pleasantly surprised cheers  A new Zinc Thompson cheers and at a good price too in Japan.
How that price might change when sold here in the UK remains to be seen.

If CAW's version of the Grease Gun is anything to go by, they certainly put in a lot of attention to detail and in making a good firing model.
Hudson's Thompson (mine at least) needed a steel bolt and slight realignment of the Chamber to make it fire beautifully.
I'd expect CAW to have it sorted before it leaves them. They won't be able to supply steel bolts obviously but their Zinc bolts might last longer than Hudson's  

CAW already have a .45ACP cartridge for the Grease Gun. Presumably all they've done is redesigned the front half which they'll use with the existing case and inners Question

Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 1:22 pm

Guys,

The photo from a link is a deactivated model, not a proto type. It is going to be a zinc model, seem to come out sometime April. The price will be 58,000, but this could be a first lot price, second lot or later could be more expensive.

S
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 1:39 pm

Thanks shazhib  Very Happy

58,000JPY is about £320, a really good price for a new Zinc Thompson. I wonder how much one would be over here in the UK after shipping, VAT, Duties and Dealers' Premiums  Question

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 12:39 pm

More pics gone up on the mule website, this is looking good cheers pics of the rounds as well, looks like you will just need the head if you have 45 caw rounds already but also buying spare heads alone is good as many get deformed over time.
Now Johnnyv please please tell me you are speaking with CAW to get these, i know you said you would order them but i am really looking forward to this coming out.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 12:53 pm

Hi Mark

Waiting on more details now Smile yours is assured !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 12:58 pm

I have to admit I'm looking forwards to seeing this one too...

Even though I have Hudson M1A1 in perfect firing order (thanks to 8ace), I am very tempted to add a CAW to the collection.

Interestingly, the Instruction Manual for CAW's Grease Gun lists spare Cartridge Bodies (.45ACP) as available. To be able to buy both Bodies and Tops as spares would be great.

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 1:00 pm

JohnnyV, could you give me some info regarding prices etc too please Question  

Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 1:11 pm

As soon as I work out the best deals I can get I will let you know Smile
You are right this could sort out the thompson cart problems!!!

Looks like a few good improvements are being made on the old Hudson version.
The price is interesting ! everwhere they make get deal of fact it will be much more on next/future runs....
Strange for them to price this way, just hope it does not turn out they make a tiny run first time....

So when will they do the sten/AK/ working scorpion ??????????????????????????????????????

MP5 ??? in my dreams !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 10:05 am

Now a video on you tube

https://youtu.be/R77lP70w3fU

this is looking good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 230
Location / Country : Northants, UK
Registration date : 2013-12-01

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 2:01 am

As King Arms are dragging their heels releasing their GBB 1928 - I reckon I'd probably go for this to fill the Thompson void in my collection.
Back to top Go down
SBASWilliam

Number of posts : 7
Location / Country : Sweden
Registration date : 2014-05-07

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 10:28 pm

muzzleflash wrote:
As King Arms are dragging their heels releasing their GBB 1928 - I reckon I'd probably go for this to fill the Thompson void in my collection.

looks like WE make a M1A1 GBB: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.971569272867181.1073741888.302822296408552&type=1
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 11:30 pm

Well, well - never knew that! Thanks for the link. An M1a1 is what I was ideally after,  though I had stayed away from the Hudson modelgun version. I shall see what materialises this year and go from there.
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 12:59 am

Nice to see some R&D on this model, but it looks like this is in the very early stages. This appears to be a Hudson M1A1 that has probably been fitted with a GBB mechanism?

Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 2:04 am

ljerr2 wrote:
Nice to see some R&D on this model, but it looks like this is in the very early stages.  This appears to be a Hudson M1A1 that has probably been fitted with a GBB mechanism?

Yes, though at this stage with 2 potential M1A1's in the making (the CAW looking the most likely for first release), I think I can put the KA 1928 to bed.

If the CAW is sensibly priced, then likely I'll add a second Modelgun to the collection. The WE will have its own merits as and when it appears. Ra-tech et al will do a wealth of steel upgrades and the initial price of the gun will be competitive.
Back to top Go down
SBASWilliam

Number of posts : 7
Location / Country : Sweden
Registration date : 2014-05-07

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 8:22 am

muzzleflash wrote:
ljerr2 wrote:
Nice to see some R&D on this model, but it looks like this is in the very early stages.  This appears to be a Hudson M1A1 that has probably been fitted with a GBB mechanism?

Yes, though at this stage with 2 potential M1A1's in the making (the CAW looking the most likely for first release), I think I can put the KA 1928 to bed.

If the CAW is sensibly priced, then likely I'll add a second Modelgun to the collection.  The WE will have its own merits as and when it appears. Ra-tech et al will do a wealth of steel upgrades and the initial price of the gun will be competitive.

Yeah, I hope CAW releases the gun this April . I see in one photo, they made lot of mags so i think its a good start for an release Wink
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:34 am

Its all gone very quite on this, no updates on the mule site and i thought it was getting released in April?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 7:00 pm

Hi
I understand May.....maybe...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CAW Thompson M1A1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Thompson M1A1   CAW Thompson M1A1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAW Thompson M1A1
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next