MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11083
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft Empty
PostSubject: CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft   CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 1:55 pm

Spotted this rare beauty this morning if anyone wants one ... I wish I could afford it Exclamation 

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 620
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft   CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 9:55 pm

Cerwyn,

Is this ABS plastic, correct - erroneously listed as blank firing - ?

I looked through those pictures, other than it's being a rare model gun I don't get the appeal - this is an awfully poorly made replica, they could have molded one with the correct lines and soft edges of real stamped and machined steel, no?
The stock is wrong, the front of the receiver is wrong, the vent holes are wrong - it's like a replica made from a computer rendition.

I like these replicas quite a lot and collect them when I feel like it - I think you would have to have the bug bad to pay that much for this model purely for the sake of the rarity of the model - I just bought an MGC68 MP40 with original WW2 mag and sling from gun broker for $375 - that makes sense to me.
It's a great replica, in look feel, weight and design - it's also a good price for the replica itself.

The high-end expensive AR replicas I understand, you're paying for an excellent replica of a rifle you cannot obtain, in many parts of Europe.  The beautiful plastic CAW replicas of uber rare pistols makes sense, at the right price - As you know I have a soft spot for the Shoei made series, where every penny is reflected in the workmanship and materials used.

But a plastic molded poor rendition MP18 for a thousand pounds?

Or am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft   CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 7:14 am

Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft   CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 7:29 am

That was an excellent review - I didn't remember it, sorry Smootik -

The MP18 model gun is not plastic - and it is clearly a better replica than it looks in that ad - and certainly worth that much to someone - Thanks for correcting my old memory!

*I'll leave my initial post up - but it is basically a waste of writing, lol.
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 360
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft   CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 9:48 am

I'm all fired up and curious now Smoot. How did you get on with staining and polishing the replacement stock?
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft   CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 3:56 pm

I did badly, as in: it's still not done ;-(
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11083
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft   CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 9:38 am

lampwick wrote:
I'm all fired up and curious now Smoot.  How did you get on with staining and polishing the replacement stock?

As it happens, I'm going to be re finishing the stock of my live-firing Mauser rifle in the next week or so. I can let you know how that goes under a separate thread if you'd like as re finishing wooden stocks will apply to Modelguns too.

There are dozens of Youtube videos showing how to do this job. Try a search for "Tru Oil" or "Boiled Linseed Oil" stock restoring / refinishing for step by step guides. I'm going to be using "Tru Oil" hoping for a nice polished effect 

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft   CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 5:01 pm

I'm envious of anyone able to nicely refinish military stocks.
I keep away from doing work on any of mine, scared of minimizing waffen stamps, serials or true age marks - which I like.
On the matching guns, I usually won't even remove the wood, I don't want to break the seal on that strange waxy material (not cosmoline) between stock and metal, that genuine wartime bring-backs sometimes have.
Had a bunch of RC's when i started out collecting, and removed the cosmo, by leaving the stock out in the sun for an hour or two - it literally drips off.

On a couple of the MP44's I have used a steam iron to reduce denting in the stocks, and then applied a very small amount of furniture wood-oil to halt the brittle-dryness - but really just keep clear of doing much to an original stock. The MP44 stocks are truly cheap wood, and don't age as well as K98 or G43 -

But I have read and seen some awesome tutorials on taking reproduction stocks and aging them artificially to look like wartime stocks - ingenious and cool - look forward to seeing the MP18 finished, Smootik, I'm sure you'll do a good job.

Cerwyn - look forward to you Mauser thread -

Top is an MP43 stock, that had to be rescued - came back really nicely.
CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft 11104046_10155408246105315_770731470_n_zpsvyknv3bb

On left is a late war STG44 - notice no cut-outs on wrist. Pristine condition, never restored.
CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft FullSizeRender1_zpsdlcxkspy
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 230
Location / Country : Northants, UK
Registration date : 2013-12-01

PostSubject: Re: CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft   CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 3:15 pm

Zero One Airsoft are a good bunch, but they are a bit misleading advertising this as 'blank Firing', when palpably it's a Modelgun. I guess the price is up to the individual.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft   CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAW MP18 Bermann FOR SALE at ZeroOneAirsoft
Page 1 of 1