MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1/3 scale and Smaller models

Go down 
+5
hkfan
smootik
lampwick
Cerwyn
pedal2metal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
pedal2metal
pedal2metal

Number of posts : 53
Location / Country : PA, USA
Registration date : 2015-07-01

1/3 scale and Smaller models Empty
PostSubject: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 3:57 pm

I bet they are pretty rare, at least over here in the US.  I was thinking about getting a 1/3 scale kit by Trumpeter; so far they only offer American M16s (in 5 or 6 versions), but hopefully they will produce the MP40 & SW M-76 (if I'm lucky since thats my favorite)  Hobbylinc sells them; they look pretty cool built from what I saw on the net.  1/3 scale and Smaller models 4699411/3 scale and Smaller models Trumpeter_36_of_75Heres the store's link: http://www.hobbylinc.com/trumpeter-m16a1-machine-gun-plastic-model-military-diorama-kit-1:3-scale-1903

I know Verlinden makes a resin 1/4 scale MP40, uzi, & M16 as well... hummmm1/3 scale and Smaller models VER2544

Cerwyn wrote:
I've always been under the impression the 2/3 scale "Junior" models were made by Marushin too

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 4:11 pm

That's a nice looking model  Very Happy I wonder what the demand is for 1/3 scale  Question

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
pedal2metal
pedal2metal

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 4:14 pm

Well sadly, not much I bet.  I see they started making them 5 yrs. ago, so I guess they would have made an MP40 or 44, or other popular machine guns by now if they were selling well. I just looked on ebay & was shocked that only one kit came up for sale inside the US! Most were in Europe.
Cerwyn wrote:
That's a nice looking model  Very Happy I wonder what the demand is for 1/3 scale  Question

Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 5:22 pm

I had at one time all of the miniature firearms made by the Italian company Armodelli and their display boards.  The Schmeisser was a marvellously detailed piece as was the Walther MP(K).  My favourite was the 1907 Roth-Steyr pistol.  They all cocked and fired plastic caps.  Somewhere in the bowels of my computer I have some photo's that I will attempt to dig out.

Last edited by lampwick on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pedal2metal
pedal2metal

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:33 pm

Yea, I'd love to see them!  I have a small Beretta 934 cap pistol made by Uniwerk (Italy) that I just found in my stash (it was my brother's - I had the P38) it's missing one grip half, but you can cock it and remove the magazine. They go for a good bit on ebay when I see them. You know what? I think that Armodelli company is the same as Uniwerk from what I see on ebay.

lampwick wrote:
I had at one time all of the miniature firearms made by the Italian company Armodelli and their display boards.  The Schmeisser was a marvellously detailed piece as was the Walther MP(K).  My favourite was the 1907 Roth-Steyr pistol.  They all cocked and dry fired.  Somewhere in the bowels of my computer I have some photo's that I will attempt to dig out.
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 9:03 am

Back to top Go down
pedal2metal
pedal2metal

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 3:00 pm

I saw the MP40 online; it looks really detailed for a small toy! That link you sent of a store in the US had some pretty cool stuff, they have a NIB P38 for $15.  Thats not a bad deal; I'm tempted to get that and the Russian dummy grenade since I have a small collection of grenades.

I found these two brochures on ebay; I didnt realize they made all of these, like the Sten! I like the 1858 Remington .44 pistol!

1/3 scale and Smaller models 20135462812_d12855200b_z

1/3 scale and Smaller models 19521028874_d3a9ebd34c_z

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 12:05 pm

Really curious about quality of those models... probably need to get one to check.
Back to top Go down
hkfan

Number of posts : 94
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2014-02-20

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 9:52 pm

smootik wrote:
Really curious about quality of those models... probably need to get one to check.

Yes, 'Armimodelli' is made by Uniwerk. Unfortunately, their mechanisms are simplified and they are made of zinc, which together with the miniaturisation of the action is not that great. Pieces of the action tend to wear and/or break rather fast.

When I was in my early teens I stumbled upon the model of  a Remington 1860 (?) in a garage sale. Unfortunately it couldn't be cocked any more and you had to hold and release the hammer with your thumb, but still fascinating. Later I bought a Carcano 91/38 carbine and a 'framed set' consisting of Mauser C96, Tokarev TT33, Nagant Revolver, Walther P38 and Smith & Wesson M29 .44" Magnum. Great little stuff... Although I had to repair them quite often.

Ans sorry lamp wick - that is not a Walther MPK, but a Franchi LF-57 MP: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchi_LF-57

And smootik: there is a Carcano for sale on egun: http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=5550232 Including the box, sling and booklet (although you'll have to make concessions regarding realism).

Maybe I'll post some photos, when I find them in my garage.
Back to top Go down
pedal2metal
pedal2metal

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 12:56 am

Thank you for moving this conversation out of the RMI section! I wanted to ask about that since a few of us started to talk about 1/3 scale guns.  LOL   I had the P38 & must have lost it at my parents house somewhere. The P38 was pretty cool; I didnt know they made a S&W M29 .44 until you said about it & I do see it on the brochure!  The ones made by Marx in the mid 1970s were pretty detailed too (for the time) & very similar in quality/materials; you can tell the one's that were "fired off" w/ major oxidation on them! The prices are a bit crazy too on these... People go crazy over Marx stuff here in the US. My oldest brother had all of them, the double barreled shotgun was really cool.

357 mag:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marx-Miniatures-Historic-Guns-357-Magnum-with-Case-/151756794261?hash=item235568e995

1860 .44:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Marx-Miniatures-Historic-Guns-Stagecoach-Pistol-/111686672015?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1a010b5e8f

All of them mint in packs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marx-Historic-guns-in-Miniature-1974-boys-girls-never-opened-original-package-/252037450491?hash=item3aae9a4afb

hkfan wrote:
smootik wrote:

Yes, 'Armimodelli' is made by Uniwerk. Unfortunately, their mechanisms are simplified and they are made of zinc, which together with the miniaturisation of the action is not that great. Pieces of the action tend to wear and/or break rather fast.

When I was in my early teens I stumbled upon the model of  a Remington 1860 (?) in a garage sale. Unfortunately it couldn't be cocked any more and you had to hold and release the hammer with your thumb, but still fascinating. Later I bought a Carcano 91/38 carbine and a 'framed set' consisting of Mauser C96, Tokarev TT33, Nagant Revolver, Walther P38 and Smith & Wesson M29 .44" Magnum. Great little stuff... Although I had to repair them quite often.

Ans sorry lamp wick - that is not a Walther MPK, but a Franchi LF-57 MP: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchi_LF-57

And smootik: there is a Carcano for sale on egun: http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=5550232 Including the box, sling and booklet (although you'll have to make concessions regarding realism).

Maybe I'll post some photos, when I find them in my garage.
Back to top Go down
pedal2metal
pedal2metal

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 1:34 am

Well, maybe there is some demand for Chinese made 1:2.5 scale guns after all, Cerwyn!  I'm finding a bunch on ebay and the mac 10 is really cool!!  I'm digging some of these. One guy had the small PPK styled pistol on ebay (in America) and that sucker sold for like $75+ USD last week & here this chinese seller has them here for cheap & its the exact same gun!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAC10-PISTOL-DISPLAY-MODEL-SCALE-1-2-5-/111723353654?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1a033b1636

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Diecast-model-display-1-2-5-Scale-Chinese-Made-Type-64-PPK-7-62mm-pistol-/111716263830?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item1a02cee796

Wow, this 1/4 DRAGUNOV rifle is cool as hell!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-Diecast-display-1-4-scale-SVD-SNAYPERSKAYA-VINYOVKA-DRAGUNOV-SNIPER-/111713613937?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item1a02a67871

Cerwyn wrote:
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1236
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 5:47 pm

If you like scale downed guns take a look at these! Cant even have these in the UK though, not that i could afford them

https://youtu.be/RqCPNM1I-ao
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Freakin' awesome!
Back to top Go down
pedal2metal
pedal2metal

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 10:38 pm

Very, very cool!  That reminds me of the Tippmann made browning .22 beltfed guns that were made in the late 1980s here in the US.  They also made a .22LR Browning .50 replica too. (All three versions they made sell for huge money now.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abTGAP7tG0Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9M3de5mISY

claymore wrote:
If you like scale downed guns take a look at these! Cant even have these in the UK though, not that i could afford them

https://youtu.be/RqCPNM1I-ao
Back to top Go down
georgrepapa

Number of posts : 1
Location / Country : greece
Registration date : 2015-07-28

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 12:09 pm

Hi people,
Have just joined the forum but except for the particular thread, i dont know if i fit in.
I make firing model guns for the last 50 years but i dont care about true scales as about firing.
Sizes are smaller than 1/3 and since no decent ammo manufacturer produces cartridges of 2-4mm cal.
I make my own. You may see some of my goodies if you google s200 photobucket papandropulos (or is it the other way around?)

Regards,

George
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 3:00 pm

Hello George, Welcome to the Forum.

The 1/3 scale or smaller modelgun section is one I added recently after seeing some really nicely made kits and factory assembled models. 
It is something quite different to the type of 1/1 scale inert replica model guns that the Forum was set up for. But, as some of the models appeared to be well made and different I'd thought it worth showing them.

Live firing guns are not something we usually include but as small scale models that function are such interesting and wonderful feats of engineering and model making skills they are worth seeing.

I checked your photobucket album and must congratulate you on your skill and talents. My favourite so far is the Mortar mounted on it's wooden carriage. It is beautiful. Your revolvers too are wonderful.

Thank you for sharing them

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 9:04 pm

georgrepapa wrote:
Hi people,
Have just joined the forum but except for the particular thread, i dont know if i fit in.

If you have a passion for guns and their models, which you do, you fit in :-)
Welcome to the forum!

Modelling is a skill, scale modelling even more so (due to different material/mechanical properties at smaller scale), and creating fire-able models is even more awesome! I certainly don't feel your work is out of this place. Thank you for joining and sharing!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 11:36 am

smootik wrote:
georgrepapa wrote:
Hi people,

If you have a passion for guns and their models, which you do, you fit in :-)
Welcome to the forum!

Modelling is a skill, scale modelling even more so (due to different material/mechanical properties at smaller scale), and creating fire-able models is even more awesome! I certainly don't feel your work is out of this place. Thank you for joining and sharing!

Well said smootik, you summed it up far better than I did  Very Happy BTW, did you see the photo on George's photobucket album of a coin that appears to have a bullet strike on it Question 
His models are really quite something Exclamation  

Back to top Go down
Peticopo
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 72
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-10-16

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 10:25 pm

Bonjour tout le monde,
I ‘ve found on eBay these 3 miniatures Fabbri, scale 1:2,5 metal and plastic, there is no mechanism.
Sold in the 2000s in Italy with a book every week or every month in newsstands, approximately 70 different models.
Philippe

1/3 scale and Smaller models Mini_f12
1/3 scale and Smaller models Nambu_13
1/3 scale and Smaller models Minina10
1/3 scale and Smaller models Lugerf111/3 scale and Smaller models Mini_p10
1/3 scale and Smaller models Nambu_141/3 scale and Smaller models Mini_p11

Back to top Go down
Peticopo
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi
Here is the whole collection.

philippe
1/3 scale and Smaller models <a href=1/3 scale and Smaller models _57_411" />
1/3 scale and Smaller models <a href=1/3 scale and Smaller models _57_511" />
1/3 scale and Smaller models <a href=1/3 scale and Smaller models _57_611" />
1/3 scale and Smaller models <a href=1/3 scale and Smaller models _57_710" />

Back to top Go down
Peticopo
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 9:03 pm

1/3 scale and Smaller models <a href=1/3 scale and Smaller models _57_810" />

1/3 scale and Smaller models _57_910
1/3 scale and Smaller models <a href=1/3 scale and Smaller models _57_1010" />
1/3 scale and Smaller models <a href=1/3 scale and Smaller models _57_1110" />

Back to top Go down
SunHill999

Number of posts : 59
Location / Country : london
Registration date : 2016-09-06

PostSubject: On Youtube   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2021 6:01 am

Back to top Go down
SunHill999

Number of posts : 59
Location / Country : london
Registration date : 2016-09-06

PostSubject: On Youtube   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2021 6:02 am

Comrade Mauser has loads of them in this video!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 scale and Smaller models   1/3 scale and Smaller models Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1/3 scale and Smaller models
Page 1 of 1