MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Russian dummy models in scale.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Russian dummy models in scale. Empty
PostSubject: Russian dummy models in scale.   Russian dummy models in scale. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:37 pm

Today I discovered interesting company.

They are called "Miniature Arsenal" and they create scale models (1:2 to 1:5) of various modelguns. They are dummy, of course, but they fully replicate original parts, mechanism, action - they can cycle miniature dummy rounds.

Some very unique models are available, such as Borchard C93, or Caracal F (released as a model even before real gun)
http://www.miniaturearsenal.com/

Company was founded when Russian weapons factories started to have problems after fall of Soviet Russia. The first company producing cheap (but high quality) models folded when inflation and amount of work made prices too low to sustain operations. It was later bought up by another private investor and revived as luxury models at high prices. I think there is less than 20 people working there. Making of parts is now done mainly by CMC machines, with manual finish and assembly. Models are made as individual pieces on request, except for the most popular ones that are done in series.

No blowback here, but I think that these can be regarded similar as Japanese ones.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Russian dummy models in scale.   Russian dummy models in scale. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 8:11 am

Any idea on the price tag Smootik? I want some on my office desk Very Happy ...

Something similar available in Mainland China (of course only the AK clone Type 56 & the Chinese Type 95/97 available)...if still available I'll get a couple then post some pics up here...
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: Russian dummy models in scale.   Russian dummy models in scale. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 5:37 pm

I've seen 2000$ mentioned as a price level.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: Russian dummy models in scale.   Russian dummy models in scale. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Note: review of Chinese models has been split to "Review" category:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-reviews-f4/chinese-dummy-models-metal-scaled-t2322.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Russian dummy models in scale.   Russian dummy models in scale. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Russian dummy models in scale.
Page 1 of 1