MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mix Caps and Cartridges???

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Mix Caps and Cartridges??? Empty
PostSubject: Mix Caps and Cartridges???   Mix Caps and Cartridges??? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:31 am

Post by romagnus

Can you use MGC 7mm caps in a Marushin PFC mp40 without any problems?
DPMS AP4 carbine, CZ75, Romanian AK-47, CETME 308, Russian AK-103, XD40SC, 16guage shotgun w/short barrel, Marlin 22LR.....and some others I can't remember right now.....all real. And now a Marushin MP-40
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Mix Caps and Cartridges???   Mix Caps and Cartridges??? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Mark

Yep,They are interchangeable.

All of the currently available caps are made by the same manufacturer. They are mostly different due to their packaging. Others like the Marushin caps have metals/chemicals in their formulation to make them spark when they are fired. I personally prefer the MGC caps as they don't spark..

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Mix Caps and Cartridges???   Mix Caps and Cartridges??? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:32 am

One thing romagnus, don't be tempted to use more than 1 cap in the Marushin MP40. there's enough power generated in a single charge to operate the model as it's designed to.
I've tried, and some of the others too I know, doubling up the charge by adding a 5mm in there too expecting more noise and smoke but all I got was jamming and problems.
The rounds themselves can blow, stripping the threads, abs bolts can get damaged too.

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Mix Caps and Cartridges???   Mix Caps and Cartridges??? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am

Post by romagnus

thanks for the heads up. How would I go about getting some kind of flame/spark out of my barrel? I heard magnesium could do it....
DPMS AP4 carbine, CZ75, Romanian AK-47, CETME 308, Russian AK-103, XD40SC, 16guage shotgun w/short barrel, Marlin 22LR.....and some others I can't remember right now.....all real. And now a Marushin MP-40
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Mix Caps and Cartridges???   Mix Caps and Cartridges??? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am

romagnus wrote:
thanks for the heads up. How would I go about getting some kind of flame/spark out of my barrel? I heard magnesium could do it....
The Holy Grail this!
There's a whole host of posts and questions on this very subject...
try searching "Muzzle Flash Again" in the Search feature here and sit back to read on!
I'm trying something out with my MP40 now (yet again) hoping for some muzzle flash as well as from the breach so I'll let you know (and see with any luck) how I get on.
The MP40's barrel may be too long to achieve a flash but check out those posts for all the details and discussions to date :wink:
Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mix Caps and Cartridges???   Mix Caps and Cartridges??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mix Caps and Cartridges???
Page 1 of 1