MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Police and Crime Act 2017.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SunHill999

Number of posts : 59
Location / Country : london
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Police and Crime Act 2017. Empty
PostSubject: Police and Crime Act 2017.   Police and Crime Act 2017. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 9:12 pm

There will be a new act which will affect airsoft. We will have a 1 joule limit like in japan. The difference is that if you have an airsoft gun more powerful than that you will go to jail for 5 years! That's right, it's classed as a Section 5 firearm! WTF!
You will get the same as a criminal with a Kalashnikov, Uzi or Bikal! lol! Police and Crime Act 2017. 3632253013 Police and Crime Act 2017. 2740960407

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
mystikchepas
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 139
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Police and Crime Act 2017.   Police and Crime Act 2017. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:33 am

WTF ???
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 230
Location / Country : Northants, UK
Registration date : 2013-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Police and Crime Act 2017.   Police and Crime Act 2017. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:01 pm

This will end up on the same scrap heap as the VCRA - Ie, a total waste of money and resources and completely unworkable....
Back to top Go down
SunHill999

PostSubject: Re: Police and Crime Act 2017.   Police and Crime Act 2017. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 5:05 pm

I agree VCRA is a load of crap!

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Police and Crime Act 2017.   Police and Crime Act 2017. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi Sunhill,

It may be a good idea for you to contact an Airsoft dedicated forum or Dealer for a detailed explanation of any changes. I have searched through the 'net and found this on the UKAPU site:

"The airsoft exception in the Policing and Crime Bill 2015-16 (PCB) will (amongst other things) set the upper power limit for fully automatic airsoft guns at 1.3 Joules (approximately 370fps with a .20g bb)"

See http://www.ukapu.org.uk/information-on-the-police-and-crime-bill-201516/ for much more info.
I'm not an Airsoft skirmisher but as far as I'm aware, most Skirmishing sites set power / fps limits at 350 / 370 fps Automatic airsoft guns as a matter of course. Airsoft Sniper type rifles or guns capable of Semi-Auto only are allowed faster fps speeds.
Rather than this limit being voluntary by sites, it may be mandatory if the new laws come into affect.

The UKAPU website gives much more info as I say, they, and your usual retailers should know of any problems looming better than myself.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Police and Crime Act 2017.   Police and Crime Act 2017. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Cerwyn wrote:
Hi Sunhill,

It may be a good idea for you to contact an Airsoft dedicated forum or Dealer for a detailed explanation of any changes. I have searched through the 'net and found this on the UKAPU site:

"[size=34]The airsoft exception in the Policing and Crime Bill 2015-16 (PCB) will (amongst other things) set the upper power limit for fully automatic airsoft guns at 1.3 Joules (approximately 370fps with a .20g bb)"[/size]

See http://www.ukapu.org.uk/information-on-the-police-and-crime-bill-201516/ for much more info.
I'm not an Airsoft skirmisher but as far as I'm aware, most Skirmishing sites set power / fps limits at 350 / 370 fps Automatic airsoft guns as a matter of course. Airsoft Sniper type rifles or guns capable of Semi-Auto only are allowed faster fps speeds.
Rather than this limit being voluntary by sites, it may be mandatory if the new laws come into affect.

The UKAPU website gives much more info as I say, they, and your usual retailers should know of any problems looming better than myself.

There is a good discussion on this topic over on the Zero In forum. Some people appear to be unnecessarily panicking that if their guns occasionally fire at 380fps in hot weather and the like, then Mr. Plod will be banging on the door with 5 years worth of jail time. I think for the Police to seriously start turning their attention to what are essentially toys, then there would have to be a serious and consistent bout of crimes where they have been waved around in the public domain. I don't see how collectors of GBB's, whose guns mostly stay in a cupboard and occasionally come out for a bit of dry firing or can plinking should seriously be concerned.

My FEO visited just last week and inspected my gun cabinet for a licence renewal. Most of my GBB's hang on hooks around it and the only comment the chap made was that: "those things carry the same penalty in public and if you point them at the police as the real thing". Which, needless to say, is a slightly odd statement coming from an FEO (imo) and certainly a case of, no shi@ Sherlock....

Back to top Go down
SunHill999

PostSubject: LOL!   Police and Crime Act 2017. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 11:57 pm

I know but do you think the police will not arrest airsofters? I mean lets say someone is being investigated for one crime and the police came across his weapon. Would the police take it to charge him with a holding charge whilst investigating him?
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Police and Crime Act 2017.   Police and Crime Act 2017. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 1:25 am

SunHill999 wrote:
I know but do you think the police will not arrest airsofters? I mean lets say someone is being investigated for one crime and the police came across his weapon. Would the police take it to charge him with a holding charge whilst investigating him?

It isn't just AirSoft. The 2011 amendments to the VCRA regarding Blank Firers should flag up on the cops' radar far more than AirSoft........ except it hasn't ; because you'd have to do something pretty extreme to get them interested in 'your toys'. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.......?? If an AirSofter chooses to beat his Wife up, what has that got to do with his gun/s shooting at 10fps over the limit, especially where the gun (99.9% likely) is held legally?? If he drinks 10 pints and then drives home, then that's far more prescient on society, than a toy gun shooting over the limit of a law that will prove 'unenforceable' (as the wider aspects of the VCRA have) .. Now if we're talking Section 1 or 2, then yes, that has relevance..

The only thing that is REALLY in question here is the fact the authorities don't like a platform (especially GBB) that can shoot full auto. Similarly blank firers and perhaps even Modelguns - they don't like that particular freedom, so they'll do all they can to demonise it and ultimately ban it..

Back to top Go down
SunHill999

PostSubject: why   Police and Crime Act 2017. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 1:09 am

why is full auto banned?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Police and Crime Act 2017.   Police and Crime Act 2017. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Police and Crime Act 2017.
Page 1 of 1