MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAW SAA Revolver

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

CAW SAA Revolver Empty
PostSubject: CAW SAA Revolver   CAW SAA Revolver Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 2:48 am

Hi All.

Got out one of my trusty old CAW SAA revolvers.  First, let me say I really, really like these models.  They have all the right "clicks", look pretty darn good, and have a nice weight to them.  One of my favorites...........but I seem to have a lot of favorites! Very Happy

I know the SAA has been around forever, but I thought some might be interested in seeing the different effects when using a varying cap load per cart.  So I took a quick video below.  First 2 shots are single cap, second 2 shots are double caps, and the final 2 shots are triple caps!
I think all of them look pretty good, but that 3-cap load is pretty darn loud and produces some real Hollywood-like muzzle flash effects! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1238
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

CAW SAA Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW SAA Revolver   CAW SAA Revolver Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 5:41 pm

You just cannot go wrong with the good old Peacemaker, iconic gun that still looks good to this day, i would love to be able to fire the real thing.
So many companies have made this model its hard to know which one is best to buy, i have a HWS model and its great, got the double cap rounds as well and they are good.
Nice vid
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

CAW SAA Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW SAA Revolver   CAW SAA Revolver Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 2:21 am

Yep, there seems to be no shortage of SAA models and makers out there - HWS, Tanaka, CAW, etc.

I have all of the above and like them all. The CAW's however just seem a little "sharper" with the details in my opinion. I'd have to check, but I think they are heavier, too.

Maybe you could post up a vid of your HWS in action? CAW SAA Revolver 3632253013

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1238
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

CAW SAA Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW SAA Revolver   CAW SAA Revolver Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 8:54 am

I will, i am going to have a lot of spare time on my hands next year, so i intend to do a good few vids and hopefully make them better quality. i tend to rush them at the moment and i would like to make them i little more professional though my skills with editing are non existent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CAW SAA Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW SAA Revolver   CAW SAA Revolver Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAW SAA Revolver
Page 1 of 1