MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Edifice

Number of posts : 15
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-05-07

RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver  Empty
PostSubject: RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver    RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver  Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2024 9:01 pm

Hi there

Been away from this fantastic modelgun world for some time, but its slowly gaining in on me again 😉 I bought a broken Colt SAA as a project to get me started again. I have stripped it completely and two broken parts...knew before purchase that it had hammer/trigger problems and now i found the issue. its the leaf type spring above the trigger, and the (dont know what its called) spring thats connected to the hammer.
Does anyone in here either know where to source these parts, or maybe have them for sale?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Edifice

PostSubject: Re: RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver    RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver  Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2024 9:02 pm

RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver  _2024011
Back to top Go down
mradmack71
mradmack71

Number of posts : 19
Location / Country : Glasgow-Scotland:U.K
Registration date : 2022-10-29

PostSubject: Re: RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver    RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver  Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 1:43 pm

Hi, I have found that eBay is a good source of springs. If you can find a schematic of the pistol internal mechanism, you can usually find a similar size spring online. I have sourced several replacement springs for my XM177 online. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Edifice

PostSubject: Re: RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver    RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver  Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 2:03 pm

Thanks, i will check on eBay 👌 Meanwhile i think i will try some DIY and make them from a 1911 airsoft leaf spring...got a bunch of them from broken pistols 😉
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 170
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver    RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver  Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2024 7:05 am

Edifice wrote:
Meanwhile i think i will try some DIY and make them from a 1911 airsoft leaf spring...got a bunch of them from broken pistols 😉

Just wanted to recommend that - done that, works (not perfectly, but good enough) Smile
Back to top Go down
Edifice

PostSubject: Re: RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver    RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver  Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 9:24 pm

😁 right, but first attempt REALLY failed...must try again soon. Its a great revolver, so i would really like to have it in working condition again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver    RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RMI (MGC) SAA Revolver
Page 1 of 1