MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC 44 Automag

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1238
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

MGC 44 Automag Empty
PostSubject: MGC 44 Automag   MGC 44 Automag Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 3:06 pm

My MGC 44 Automag, this is the HW version and its the one i use most out of all my Automags (hence its a bit knocked up). The HW models come with a HW bolt and they are crap, i have gone through about 5 of them and each one broke without getting through a mag. problem with the bolt is the plastic where the pin holds the extractor is too thin and breaks really easy.

So many years ago i found out that custom zinc bolts were made for this model and thats what is on this gun. The trigger pull is really heavy which is a pain but worst of all is the stripping of this gun, unlike the marushin which is easy this model is bloody complicated, so i very rarely take it apart and just clean it best i can.

Tried some flash powder in the last 2 vids but it did not work, powder is old so maybe it goes off as i put enough in.

https://youtu.be/Qy6kqlcjpyA

MGC 44 Automag Img_2011

https://youtu.be/Qy6kqlcjpyA
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

MGC 44 Automag Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC 44 Automag   MGC 44 Automag Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 4:17 pm

Looks like it is firing nicely!

Always great to see a model in action and working well - thanks for posting up the video!
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

MGC 44 Automag Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC 44 Automag   MGC 44 Automag Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 11:46 am

It does fire well but a pain to clean. i was going to do a comparison between this and the marushin Automag, but i had problems with the marushin and then realised the extractor and pin had come out and can i find them, NO! god know where they went, now i need to get an extractor from somewhere.
I see that another company in the states is now producing new Automags which is great news, although no so great for us in the UK.
Back to top Go down
mystikchepas
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 139
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2013-05-15

MGC 44 Automag Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC 44 Automag   MGC 44 Automag Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 8:20 am

Do you have some pictures of the parts ?
I was able to make a new firing bar for my AK-47 from a piece of steel even though I do not have lots of tools (not tested yet).
Maybe we can try to help you by making new parts ?
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

MGC 44 Automag Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC 44 Automag   MGC 44 Automag Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 11:27 am

Cheers for that, i dont have a pic but i have another marushin Automag (the clint 1) so will take the extractor off that and see about making another from some steel, if i have a problem i will give you shout. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
mystikchepas
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 139
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2013-05-15

MGC 44 Automag Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC 44 Automag   MGC 44 Automag Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 2:07 pm

It depends of the compexity of the parts but it is worth having a look !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MGC 44 Automag Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC 44 Automag   MGC 44 Automag Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC 44 Automag
Page 1 of 1