MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MP40 Loose Stock Arm Pins

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MP40 Loose Stock Arm Pins Empty
PostSubject: MP40 Loose Stock Arm Pins   MP40 Loose Stock Arm Pins Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by metradio

On my unbranded modelgun MP40 I have had a little problem with the stock arm pins (marked as No. 33 on this Marushin drawing) falling out. My first fix was to wrap black insulating tape a couple of turns over the pins, but this looked shoddy.. My next fix was to purchase a small box of assorted roll pins, mine is branded ROLSON and contains a selection of 120 pins and cost 2.50GBP or about 5USD. Took out one of the original stock pins and found that the roll pin box contained 6 suitable roll pins that were slightly longer, and slightly wider that the original. I tapped in a roll pin in place of the original, and ground off the excess length with a Dremel, then re-blued the pin ends and the slight grind marks on the stock tube (No.34 on the drawing). It looked great and was nice and tight, so I replaced the other 3 pins with roll pins.. It looks like the same fix will work on most, if not all modelgun MP40's..

Roll pin selection box:
MP40 Loose Stock Arm Pins B0001K9YQA.02.LZZZZZZZ

Last edited by metradio on Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: MP40 Loose Stock Arm Pins   MP40 Loose Stock Arm Pins Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by Doc

An alternative is to get the original pin, place it flat on something very hard and belt one end with a hammer (not too hard) this will widen the pin a little and allow it to stay in place.

This is what they did with the Marushin Metal MP40s on both the stock pin and ejector pin in the mag housing.

The roll pins are used on the MGC MP40, and this is a better idea ... but what do you expect from MGC.... eh ?

.... well anything mechanical that can kill people is interesting ...
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Stuart1

Number of posts : 11
Location / Country : Winchester
Registration date : 2020-06-06

PostSubject: Re: MP40 Loose Stock Arm Pins   MP40 Loose Stock Arm Pins Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 4:55 pm

Hi metradio
This is very helpful I have the same problem, do you know what the size you actually used from all the roll pins
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MP40 Loose Stock Arm Pins   MP40 Loose Stock Arm Pins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MP40 Loose Stock Arm Pins
Page 1 of 1