MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new Tanaka Desert Eagle cycle challenge

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

The new Tanaka Desert Eagle cycle challenge Empty
PostSubject: The new Tanaka Desert Eagle cycle challenge   The new Tanaka Desert Eagle cycle challenge Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2020 1:30 pm

It does comfort me a bit to see YouTube videos of other DE owners being faced by the same challenge.
My brand new DE performed perfect when drycycled. BUT when it had to reload, it did but the hammer without igniting the next shot. Positioned in the “firer end” it quick became clear that the slide wasn’t fully forward. A light push with a finger brings the slide fully forward and the model fires perfect – but unfortunately only to repeat when reloading.
See my video on this forum in the video section under the title “the Eagle has landed”
Several experienced members offered opinion and suggestions – many thanks for this

I have made progress but now solved the challenge yet so new suggestions are most welcome
Below I will share the different ideas and my findings – for inspiration for others.
1. I did not push the cartridge piston back when loading, “spending” energy so slide doesn’t move far enough back after fire. - PUSHING THE PISTON ALL DOWN DOES GENERATE AN IMPROVEMENT BUT IS IN NO WAY A SOLUTION. I WILL BE LUBRICATING IN FRONT OF PISTON BEFORE FIRING JUST TO GET MAX EFFECT. DO ALSO SEE “6”
2. Slide friction – IN FACTORY CONDITION THE SLIDING ACTION FELT SMOOTH, I STILL LUBRICATED SLIDE BEFORE FIRE TESTING SO I DO NOT CONSIDER THIS A PROBLEM.
3. Chamber clean – AFTER EACH SESSION I HAVE THOROUGLY CLEANED THE DETONATOR PIN. CHAMBER IS LARGE BORE LEAVING PLENTY OF SPACE FOR CLEANING TOOLS. I DO NOT CONSIDER THIS A PROBLEM.
4. Chamber/loading path friction – AT SECOND TEST SERIES I DID LUBE LOADING PATH AND CHAMBER WITH A BIT OF SILICONE. I THINK IT MADE AN IMPROVEMENT BUT CERTAINLY DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.
5. Wear in – HMM PER NOTE UNDER “2” I WOULD CLAIM NO NEED. ON THE OTHER HAND MY LATEST TESTFIRE DID HAVE A SURPRISE OF 3 CORRECT RELOADINGS, FUSTRATING I COULD NOT REPEAT WITH THE NEX MAGAZINE. I DOUBT THE SLIDE NEED WEAR IN BUT WONDER IF THE EXTRACTOR MAYBE DO. THE SURPRISE SUCCESFULL RELOADS CAME AS SHOT NUMBER 55-57 BUT THEN THE FOLLOWING 7 ALL FAILED RELOADING !
6. Bounce back – THE MOST RECENT VIDEO I SHOT IN SLOWMOTION HOPING I COULD SEE IF THE BREECH/SLIDE BOUNCED BACK. WHAT HAPPENED WAS THAT MODEL FAILED 4 TIMES AND THEN RELOADED CORRECT 3 TIMES. LEADING TO THE THOUGT CAUSE FOR THE PROBLEM COULD BE A COMBINATION OF BOUNCEBACK AND EXTRACTOR FUNCTION.
7. Extractor function – WHEN FIRING NEXT TIME I HAVE TO SEE IF I CAN DETERMINE IF BOUNCEBACK PULLS BACK THE CARTRIDGE OR ONLY YHE SLIDE.
8. Interruptor function – FOR NOW JUST A POINT TO INVESTIGATE.

Update to follow scratch
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: The new Tanaka Desert Eagle cycle challenge   The new Tanaka Desert Eagle cycle challenge Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 10:30 am

My DE suffered the same problems too.
I bought a set of double cap cartridges for it and it now performs perfectly.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: The new Tanaka Desert Eagle cycle challenge   The new Tanaka Desert Eagle cycle challenge Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 11:35 am

My solution would be to return it and get a refund.
Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: The new Tanaka Desert Eagle cycle challenge   The new Tanaka Desert Eagle cycle challenge Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2020 1:55 pm

Cerwyn wrote:
My DE suffered the same problems too.
I bought a set of double cap cartridges for it and it now performs perfectly.

Good to hear - there is a solution
I still have a few tweaks I want to try but if I have to give up I’ll turn to the double cap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Tanaka Desert Eagle cycle challenge   The new Tanaka Desert Eagle cycle challenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new Tanaka Desert Eagle cycle challenge
Page 1 of 1