MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanaka desert eagle

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Tanaka desert eagle Empty
PostSubject: Tanaka desert eagle   Tanaka desert eagle Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 4:05 pm

Tanaka's new Desert Eagle, i think Tanaka suprised us all with the news they were going to release this and i was really looking forward to getting one. I just hoped they had solved the problems the Hudson 44 and 50 eagle had and i am glad to say they have.
It's pretty heavy which is good and the finish is excellent, firing is also excellent and you actually get a bit of felt recoil, the rounds are pretty light which is very good as i think the heavy brass that normally get used put too much pressure on the gun and cause parts to break.

You will notice that there is a few misfires, i thought it was the caps as they are pretty old, put looking at the vid it seems at times the slide does not go fully home but when the hammer is cocked the slide goes forward on its own. This not going fully home has been reported before and i am not sure on the reason for it especially as it is not constant.
That said as far as i am concerned it fires well and 100% better than the hudson models.

https://youtu.be/bXQp4ffQpsw

JohnnyV likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka desert eagle   Tanaka desert eagle Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 4:12 pm

Thanks Claymore!

Mine's arriving tomorrow (thanks very much John @ PFCGUK).
I'm looking forwards to this one, it'll be interesting to see if this slide not closing fully problem happens with it too.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.

JohnnyV likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka desert eagle   Tanaka desert eagle Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2020 3:46 pm

Just saw this vid on the eagle and in slow motion you can see the slide bounce back after its fired and loaded the next round, sometimes it stays forward and other times it does not so the slide is not fully home. looking at the vid i would think this is what is happening to mine and most probably others.

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka desert eagle   Tanaka desert eagle Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2020 4:08 pm

Yes, the slide bouncing like this has been suggested as the cause of problems. John gave a good description of what's likely to be happening some time ago.

Using the double capped W cartridge stops all the miss fires with mine. BUT I've found that the first cartridge in a full mag' doesn't feed cleanly into the chamber. The cartridge nose is slightly different in shape and gets stuck on the feed ramp. As a stop-gap cure, I've put one round in the mag, chambered it, then put the next 6 carts in the mag before inserting it into the grip. It'll fire and cycle all 7 then.
This gun cycles with a lot of force, especially with double capped carts. Having cartridges not feeding into the chamber is a worry, it must be putting a lot of force against the bolt face, slide and feed ramp. I'm planning on buying a new mag' then altering the feed lips a little to lift the cartridge' nose enough to clear the feed ramp.
The original magazine will be kept for standard cartridges.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.

claymore likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka desert eagle   Tanaka desert eagle Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 8:38 am

Interesting, great camera footage.

At around the 15 minute mark there seems to be a relationship between the trigger being released and the slide moving forward. It could be an effect rather than cause.

I vote for all modelguns to be filmed in high speed bounce

claymore likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka desert eagle   Tanaka desert eagle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanaka desert eagle
Page 1 of 1