MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Leesmth

Number of posts : 42
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2020-03-05

mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt Empty
PostSubject: mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt   mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2021 8:54 pm

I bought 5 brand new MGC Thompson bolts that has never been used I want to take one and have it cast into a steel bolt to last longer, does anyone know who can cast my bolt into steel or do anyone know who sells them?
Back to top Go down
tankhunter
tankhunter

Number of posts : 41
Location / Country : united kingdom
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt   mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 12:31 pm

I had a similar requirment for casting real steel end caps for Sterling 9mm SMG's.

You need to approach a casting company & enquire about what you need. I would not say exactly what they Are! As in this Dangerous world we live in at present. You dont want a knee jerk reaction to ANYTHING concerning a weapon or indeed. A look alike.....

They will make a mould from silicone of one of your bolts. Then wax casting will be cast from this Mould.
Then in fine casting sand, they will insert your wax castings.  Molten metal of your choice will be poured in the Mould.
This will instantly melt the wax, & it will evaporate away out of the vent holes in the mould.
When cooled, the mould will be separated & the sand knocked out. This will leave you your cast bolts.

The process is known as Lost wax casting.
Back to top Go down
Leesmth

Number of posts : 42
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2020-03-05

PostSubject: Re: mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt   mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 12:05 am

I did ask around about casting the mgc Thompson bolt, a few said they would, but the price was astronomical!
Back to top Go down
tankhunter
tankhunter

Number of posts : 41
Location / Country : united kingdom
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt   mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 9:42 am

getting an example machined up from scratch would also be expensive.

Potentially you could get a group of owners together, who also want a steel bolt. That way it would defray the costs of manufacture for casting, I would submit?

Otherwise, you MAY have t wait for a number of years. Before an original replica Bolt turns up? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt   mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt
Page 1 of 1