MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin mp41

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Punisher
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 111
Location / Country : usa
Registration date : 2017-07-28

Marushin mp41 Empty
PostSubject: Marushin mp41   Marushin mp41 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2022 11:36 pm

I have a Marushin mp41 with a broke barrel. It was previously glued together, but during shipping had rebroke. At first I was planning on repairing the barrel, but now I'm thinking about a complete rebuild.

The receiver is very inaccurately shaped. When compared to a MGC it looks horrible.

I tried a MGC receiver and it almost fits. The rear needs to be trimmed a few mm's so the take down screw will line up. The magwell will need to be slightly trimmed to fit over the lower.

With the MGC receiver installed it dose look like a nice replica. The barrel will need to be reworked or a new one made.Marushin mp41 Rsz_p_23
Marushin mp41 Rsz_1p13

Cerwyn and Browning like this post

Back to top Go down
Punisher
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 111
Location / Country : usa
Registration date : 2017-07-28

Marushin mp41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin mp41   Marushin mp41 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2022 12:04 am

I really don't want to split up a complete MGC just for the receiver. In the past I was able to find a few incomplete project guns. Eventually I was able to find all the missing pieces and rebuild them. It could be a long time before another incomplete or damaged one comes up for sale.

The other option is to make a new receiver. A few years ago I started working on a semi-auto mp41 look alike. I used a junk grade mp28 stock, 1-1/4" sch40 pipe, and some parts from a airsoft SRC mp40.

Starting with a dom tube with the correct id and od would have been easier. Instead I chose to use the pipe because I already had a piece long enough. It is the correct id, but the od is too big. Since I only had a micro lathe it took a steady rest, multiple setups, and several hours to turn it to the correct od.

With a Harbor Freight mini mill I was able to mill the flutes. It took several hours and many passes. After the flutes were cut I to do quite a bit of sanding to make them rounded. There were a few spots that mistakes were made, but I was mostly able to blend them in and make it look like damage to the receiver.

A SRC magwell was used. It took quite a bit of patching and welding to make useable. It ended up turning out almost as good as a MGC.Marushin mp41 Rsz_1p14
Marushin mp41 Rsz_p_25
Marushin mp41 Rsz_p_24
Marushin mp41 Rsz_p_26

Cerwyn and Browning like this post

Back to top Go down

Marushin mp41
Page 1 of 1