MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MG34 / MG42

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MG34 / MG42 Empty
PostSubject: MG34 / MG42   MG34 / MG42 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Gecko

Hello together,

does someone know if someone ever tried to convert a MG 34 or MG 42 (Asahi or Shoei gas operated (airsoft) -modelguns) into a pfc modelgun?
I think it must be a nice picture to see how this gun will shoot round after round of pfc cartridges...

If there is one of you who has any information to this, pls let me know!

thanks,
gecko
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

MG34 / MG42 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MG34 / MG42   MG34 / MG42 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:58 am

Post by MadMike

A friend of mine dreamed about such a project in the past too. He did some research but had only very little success getting any information. Due to the weak charge in the pfc caps the gun would need an auxiliary power (gas or electric) to pull/reload the ammo belt.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

MG34 / MG42 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MG34 / MG42   MG34 / MG42 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Gecko

hello madmike,

what exactly he viewed during his evaluation?

Did he looked at the feeding mechanism?
Are there stong spring built in the guiding of the feeding m.?

Maybe you have some more details for me...
gecko
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

MG34 / MG42 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MG34 / MG42   MG34 / MG42 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:59 am

Post by MadMike

I´ll ask him. It was back in 2004 and I do not know how detailed the information he had was. He skipped the idea pretty fast at the mechanical problems seemed to bee too big for his skills and tooling.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

MG34 / MG42 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MG34 / MG42   MG34 / MG42 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Mark

I have looked into the possibility of making a modelgun version of the MG42. However, I would not use the full scale MG42 (Asahi or Shoei) I would make the smaller Cetme Ameli and use either the MGC or the Marushin 5.56x45 cartridges in it.

Markus is right, the action would have to be assisted with either gas or some other mechanical assist as the motion of pulling the cartridges out of a real belt would cause problems. Now, if the belts where made out of plastic, the effort to pull out cartridges from it would be far less and it might work better.

The gun itself might be far harder to make than any profit that might be made from it. So, I cannot see any belt fed modelguns ever being made by any manufacturer at this point. I would love to have one (as many of you would too) but, like the MP5 I seriously doubt it at this time. If I where independently wealthy I would tool up to make both the MP5 and try to make a functional belt fed modelgun line. But sadly, I am not rich.....

There is allot of motion inside of a real machinegun what with the bolt, the feed mechanism and the belt sliding back and forth there is allot of friction everywhere that just uses up any power that the caps could provide. If the bolt etc. where helped with external gas pressure then it might just function properly. As I alluded to earlier the links have to be made out of plastic or the friction would be far too much for any system to function correctly.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

MG34 / MG42 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MG34 / MG42   MG34 / MG42 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:00 am

Post by figaro

I just bought a semi-1919 (supposebly the simplest of the belt feds! and the only CA legal one), and the stress and friction involved in getting the gun into battery and then cycling the action is amazing.
It is a marvelous piece of engineering, though.
It would be a mind blowing model gun project!
It has been pretty complex getting it to run on regular blanks.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

MG34 / MG42 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MG34 / MG42   MG34 / MG42 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:01 am

Post by shazhib

I think the most difficult part is the rounds belt.
I heard a story that HUDSON once tried to make M60 Minimi modelgun, however, they gave up because of the rounds belt. It is difficult to retain a certain tention of the belt but not making a significant friction with a bolt by using only 1 or 2 caps.

Yeah, MG42 modelgun, really nice.

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
Ron Walker

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : Isle of Man
Registration date : 2015-09-03

MG34 / MG42 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MG34 / MG42   MG34 / MG42 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 1:09 am

The first thing that springs to mind when I hear the word(s) "MG42" is its notoriously high rate of fire - not quite as fast as a Gatling, but heading that way, as compared to (say) a Browning. Disintegrating links (as used optionally on the genuine MG42, if I recall correctly) surely wouldn't be THAT hard to either cast in plastic, or print using a 3D printer. The REAL problem wouldn't be producing the belt... it would be affording the amounts of dummy 7.92mm cartridges you'd spit out in 10 seconds of fire!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MG34 / MG42 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MG34 / MG42   MG34 / MG42 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MG34 / MG42
Page 1 of 1