MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it possible to remove the part inside the barrel

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
xmillionn
xmillionn

Number of posts : 6
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2023-05-16

Is it possible to remove the part inside the barrel Empty
PostSubject: Is it possible to remove the part inside the barrel   Is it possible to remove the part inside the barrel Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2023 7:24 pm

Is it possible to remove the part inside the barrel, cut it a little, and put it back in the barrel?

The purpose of this is to have a more realistic view of the barrel from the front. Another alternative is to put some matte black paint inside the barrel.
Easier but less effective.

I saw some pictures of shotgun with shortened barrel, so I think it is possible to shorten only the inside part.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1238
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to remove the part inside the barrel   Is it possible to remove the part inside the barrel Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2023 11:17 am

I think it might of been done by some of the custom guys in Japan but they have a load of special kit and accessories for modelguns available. its thee for legal resons so even if its possible its going to be really hard and more than likely destroy your barrel.

8ace likes this post

Back to top Go down
Spencer-Man
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
Spencer-Man

Number of posts : 47
Location / Country : Brighton, England
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to remove the part inside the barrel   Is it possible to remove the part inside the barrel Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2023 8:45 am

I have some experience with this modification due to cutting and modifying a few guns. One semi-auto modification left the bar right at the tip of the barrel. My end solution was to paint it black, so that should answer your question. The trouble is this. In most semi-auto guns they use plastic barrels, and the blade is a metal insert cast into the barrel. If you try and remove it then it weakens the barrel too much as causes it to fracture along the sides, if it doesn’t fracture when you are trying to remove it. With metal barrels, including revolvers and barrels that have a solid blockage, the barrels are not strong material, specifically so that they cannot be drilled out and used, and the blockage is a much stronger metal, sometimes even cast with different metal parts inside designed to mess up a drill bit should you try. That’s not to say that it’s impossible, but they have been made to prevent it, so it is far from easy. If it is for something like filming or for display and it is really bothering you, then the simplest solution is to 3d print a replacement barrel, being plastic it is fine and blueprints for many guns are findable online, and can in fact be used to print a number of parts that may be hard to otherwise find. Sorry to be a killjoy, but I hope that helps.

8ace and claymore like this post

Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to remove the part inside the barrel   Is it possible to remove the part inside the barrel Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2023 1:33 pm

As Spencer-Man/Claymore said...

The barrel blockages are designed not to be removed easily.

8ace
Back to top Go down
Steelflood
Steelflood

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : Florida USA
Registration date : 2022-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to remove the part inside the barrel   Is it possible to remove the part inside the barrel Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2023 8:28 pm

I saw other members discussing plastic barrels that are filled, and the strength is compromised if you do anything to them.

Stateside, I am doing modifications on Thompsons. I was stalled because I needed to understand the composition of the plugs. I thought the barrels were fairly tough. Here is what I did to learn how the Thompson barrels are put together.

The design of the original Thompson supports and protects the barrel very well. That said, I've seen two barrel fractures in Japanese Hudsons, zero MGC barrel fractures, and never a receiver fracture. M1A1s Japan show heavy combat use and I hope to have time to find video.
[size=16]

I have "junk" assemblies from Japan for development use. I took a Hudson upper assembly and removed the foregrip to take a look at how the barrel was joined to the receiver.

There were no pins or welds holding the barrel to the receiver. I grasped the barrel and pulled directly away from the receiver. The barrel ripped apart at a gap in the solid plug. I didn't jiggle, or try to loosen the barrel all. Pulling straight was enough to rip a Hudson barrel in two where two plugs met.

For the armory, this was great: First and foremost, Japanese M1A1s need their foregrip attached with a barrel band. The design of the Thompson protects the barrel.

Next, if I need forward venting, I will be much more precise and ensue no harmonic vibration develops.

!

Is it possible to remove the part inside the barrel GddvpqM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to remove the part inside the barrel   Is it possible to remove the part inside the barrel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to remove the part inside the barrel
Page 1 of 1