MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Papercap MGC - Is any modification worthwhile?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Steelflood
Steelflood

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : Florida USA
Registration date : 2022-10-05

Papercap MGC - Is any modification worthwhile? Empty
PostSubject: Papercap MGC - Is any modification worthwhile?   Papercap MGC - Is any modification worthwhile? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 am

Hello, in light of Punisher's review of the Denix, I would say you can upgrade anything.  The question I have though is there any upgrade to the MGC bolt/detonator etc that is justified via the amount of fun I will have with the results?

I read the note: Also, the bolt track seems to be slightly different so it is best to obtain the newer style of the MGC Thompson! Unless, all that you want is an display piece!

I have a full armory and I try to put my time to best use.

I several papercap MGCs already equipped with a detonator screw, so I do not need to rework the guns to upgrade them. I also have US market guns with blocked  bores, cut bolt.

Thanks!

-Jay

Papercap MGC - Is any modification worthwhile? ZYKArpkm
Back to top Go down
cvinisko

Number of posts : 4
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2023-07-09

Papercap MGC - Is any modification worthwhile? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papercap MGC - Is any modification worthwhile?   Papercap MGC - Is any modification worthwhile? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2023 6:40 am

Steelflood wrote:
Hello, in light of Punisher's review of the Denix, I would say you can upgrade anything.  The question I have though is there any upgrade to the MGC bolt/detonator etc that is justified via the amount of fun I will have with the results?

I read the note: Also, the bolt track seems to be slightly different so it is best to obtain the newer style of the MGC Thompson! Unless, all that you want is an display piece!

I have a full armory and I try to put my time to best use.

I several papercap MGCs already equipped with a detonator screw, so I do not need to rework the guns to upgrade them. I also have US market guns with blocked  bores, cut bolt.

Thanks!

-Jay

Papercap MGC - Is any modification worthwhile? ZYKArpkm

Hi Jay! I responded to your message on my post but unfortunatly I am not able to respond to your private message until I have 5 posts, so just a couple more to go! Id love to talk to you and see what type of spare parts you have available. I believe I have gotten enough dimensions to make a new chamber and firing pin of my own but I would love to confirm that with an original piece for measurements.
Back to top Go down

Papercap MGC - Is any modification worthwhile?
Page 1 of 1