MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where Can I Buy From?

Go down 
+28
Browning
Sommarkatze
Fredo
phobus
richard frizzell
mystikchepas
hkfan
Horsemarine
cosmitron
Vyking
JohnnyV
DigishoonArms
Chris74
stumpy_ned
jay851
Mi'zu
Dronne
yellow
walmic
chameloon
josh676
robest
jim
Momocampo
Jeppo
MadMike
smootik
Cerwyn
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Where Can I Buy From? Empty
PostSubject: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 8:26 pm

Francky's modelgun website:- http://franckys-modelgun.com

SHAZHIB is a forum member and can be reached via Personal Message here

The UK's now has two modelgun retailers:

Kevin at http://www.modelguncollector.co.uk

John at http://www.plugfirecapgunsuk.com/

France is now home for http://www.modelguns-worldwide.com (formerly www.modelguns.co.uk)

pre 1870 pistols and revolvers can be found on:
www.gundeals.co.uk

Last edited by Cerwyn on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated)
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:57 pm

MGCUK no longer ships international, except for France and Germany:
http://www.modelguncollector.co.uk/Announcement.html

Important Announcement
April 2010
Due to increased restrictions on shipping via UK airlines we are no longer able to ship to the USA and most of Europe.
We are still able to deliver to France and Germany, however some restrictions apply.

UK sales are NOT affected by this.

Thank you
MGCUK Team
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 1:03 pm

I have the feeling that some of the older shops are closed now.

Can anyone remember Endoshoji in Japan? Their prices were quite high, but they offered rare and discontinued models too. I can no longer find them on the internet, so I guess this traditional shop is closed now.

What is the matter with modelguns-worldwide? Their site says the shop is closed due to a family illness emergency for months now. When writing an e-mail you get an auto-generated response that the shop is closed, but will be back soon.

At least denTrinity in Hong Kong is still in the business. They seem to offer 3 versions of Marushin's MP40 for a good price too: http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_list.jsp?cid=COL_ML&bid=MAR
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:06 pm

Endoshoji disappeared in late 2007. They stopped shipping orders and gave refunds, then soon their domain expired and web page/shop was no longer available. Pity, as many people used them for reference due to extensive photos and information on rare items. There are only some bits available through Wayback Machine, without pictures:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.endoshoji.com

No clue about modelguns-worldwide, Jay has not responded to my emails since the message appeared.

Den Trinity still offers modelguns, but keep in mind that once they sell something out, new stock might not be available - except Marushin or other manufacturer that is still in production.

Last edited by smootik on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:30 am

Is your post intentionally left blank? scratch
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:07 am

Endoshji must have ceased trading some time ago. There are a handful of Retailers in Japan and Hong Kong that still list Modelguns for Sale although prices vary considerably.

Francky and shazhib still offer the best prices if ordering from Japan.
Others trading are

DenTrinity
EHobby Asia
Tokyo Toys (also trading as wwiiguns, Vietnam Guns, Special Forces weapons etc)
RedWolf Airsoft
Gunsnguys
Models on offer vary from large to small selections and some asking prices are high compared to others.

Nearer to home here in Europe there's

ModelgunCollector UK (although limited to UK only shipping)
PlugFireCapGunsUK

Quite what has happened to Jay at Modelguns-Worldwide is concerning. He's been out of action since April if I recall and there's no signs yet of anything happening to restart. I hope he's OK and that the family emergency he's going through is resolved with everyone in good health.

As you say 'Mike, DenTrinity have 3 versions of Marushin's PFC MP40, one of which is the self assembly kit but in HW now alongside the old favourite ABS version
I wasn't aware a HW Kit was available as I've not seen it anywhere else

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:35 am

MadMike wrote:
Is your post intentionally left blank? scratch
No clue what happened here :-/
Text is there, when I hit "edit" I see it all typed in, but it does not show in the thread :-/

edit: OK, after making some random changes it is displayed correctly now. Weird...
Back to top Go down
Jeppo
Jeppo

Number of posts : 44
Location / Country : Stockholm/Sweden
Registration date : 2010-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 11:12 pm

HI all and a happy new year!
Has anybody heard anything from Jay at modelguns-worldwide? The home page has been updated recently but I still get the family illness reply when I try to contact him. I hope he is fine. I have however some things I need to sort out.

Cheers

/ Jeppo
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:37 am

It seems that Modelguns-Worldwide have been "temporarily"closed for business since April 2010.
All we can do is await Jay's return and reopening and hope that the family illness has improved.

Thankfully we still have suppliers that can keep us going:

Francky & Shazhib (can supply Worldwide from Japan)
www.Modelguncollector.co.uk (UK sales only)
www.plugfirecapgunsuk.com/ (Worldwide sales)
DenTrinity (Worldwide sales)

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:22 pm

Jay's site is still not active. I guess the monthly updates, as well as the "Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year" icons are auto-generated. No new models since April, and no replies to e-mails except an auto-reply. What kind of family illness emergency can completly shut-down an online-business for 8 months?
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:56 am

modelguns-worldwide is down for a year now. I doubt if it will ever open again.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:13 pm

MadMike wrote:
modelguns-worldwide is down for a year now. I doubt if it will ever open again.

Something is clearly very wrong there, without doubt. Whatever the problems are, hopefully Jay is fit and well. My introduction to Modelguns was through finding Jay's site and the purchase of my Marushin MP40. I bought several modelguns from Jay following that and always found him helpful.
It is a loss that he's not trading at this moment, it'll be a bigger loss if he doesn't re-open.

Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 389
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 3:06 pm

Hello,

Yes I'm also waiting to this good website re open but it's clear, there are no many chances for this website.
It's a shame because it's really a good one.

Nobody could join Jay??

Wink
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:10 am

Based on change in domain registration info it seems Jay moved from France back to UK.
Domain was renewed in October 2011 (still with French address), but it now redirects to modelguns.eu which is not available.
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:46 am

Ahhh, maybe a good hope.
I really want to see this website come back. Smile
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:04 am

May not be...it's more difficult to trade guns in the UK than France (and this is the very reason that the business shifted to France in the first place)...
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:31 am

Yes, true!
So, Vive la France !!

SmileSmile
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:06 am

I doubt if Jay will re-open his modelgun site. It was closed due to a family illness emergency for almost 2 years now, so most of his customers will have sought other places to buy. The page can no longer be visited at all.

There were a lot of rumors what had happened to him.

I also have the feeling that interest in modelguns is getting smaller in Germany over the last 2 - 3 years. Of course there are a few enthusiasts that have their sources, mostly in Japan. I know quite a few people who were mad about getting such a realistic model but when they got it, they got quickly fed up by all the little troubles that come with such a thing like firing troubles, cleaning work and parts availability, and they move on to something else.
So I doubt if Jay would be able to make a living only by selling modelguns on-line today.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:19 am

The future for Modelguns-Worldwide or Modelguns.eu does look very doubtful from what little we know. Time will tell if he returns or not.

Interest in Modelguns, based on Forum membership, seems to be growing steadily in France and Spain particularly over the last couple of years. For whatever reason members were mainly concentrated in the USA, Great Britain, Japan, Australia and New Zealand. Very few people from France and mainland Europe had joined up. That does seem to be changing rapidly.

If Jay was to return I'm sure he'd find a market to sell to but in the meantime there's only one Retailer outside Japan and Hong Kong able to ship Modelguns to Europe. He's doing well too so the customers are there.

I can see how newcomers will tire of Modelguns breaking, essential maintenance, cartridge care etc when Airsoft AEGs provide such a huge varirty of guns that take little maintenance, shoot at targets but they are two very different hobbies, as people soon discover.

Back to top Go down
robest

Number of posts : 5
Location / Country : Sweden
Registration date : 2012-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:50 am

Does anyone know if gunsnguys is still in business?
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 4:00 am

Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 12:53 pm

Update on G&G's shopfront: they'd actually expanded by buying off portion of that small RC model shop next to them so now they're 50% bigger than before (bought something exclusive from them and will show you all here later Very Happy )...but for them still no plan to revive their online business unfortunately...
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Hey Jim, each time you post a message you say " I buy a new replica"....I wonder how many replica you have Shocked Shocked Shocked
Maybe you can open a shop only for this forum Smile Smile

Wink
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:19 am

Nowhere near with those die-hard collectors with deep pockets...lost count but many are in same model only with different materials...large-scale collections commenced since returning to HK around 2005...

I will tone down as I start to feel I'm slowly becoming a show-off silent ...
Back to top Go down
josh676
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 180
Location / Country : Australia
Registration date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:39 am

Big props to shazhib, very good to deal with, and patient. Thank you very much, I am more than happy with the service you provided, and will be buying from you again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy From?   Where Can I Buy From? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where Can I Buy From?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Buy / Sell Modelguns/ Parts / Cartridges-
Jump to: