MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's Official... Playing with Toys IS good for you!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

It's Official... Playing with Toys IS good for you! Empty
PostSubject: It's Official... Playing with Toys IS good for you!   It's Official... Playing with Toys IS good for you! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by ljerr2

Happy New Year ,
its been a long time since I was on here .
My heading relates to the 'news' last week in the Papers that officials now claim that its good for Kids to play with toy guns .
Well , I knew this back in the 70's and never did me any harm It's Official... Playing with Toys IS good for you! Icon_eek

I am only getting into Model Guns - Airguns is my thing up till now ..
Lying low aftre Oct 1 I now see that my airgun forum have banned any sales adverts for Replica Guns .....
Can anyone confirm basic guidelines either here on this thread or on PM that :
Ownership and Private sale of Model Guns/ replicas /airsoft is NOT affected by the VCR Bill ?
Any guidance appreciated ..
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: It's Official... Playing with Toys IS good for you!   It's Official... Playing with Toys IS good for you! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by Mark

Well, i really have no idea whether or not any certain group of replica guns are truly allowed or not in the UK. But, it sounds as if the most important thing that you need to do is join an re-enactment, airsoft or otherwise recognized club. After that point, it appears that you need to see what they are saying regarding their acquisition of new replicas under the VCR rules as they stand at this point.

The fascinating thing is that here in the U.S. is that the import restriction on replica guns that was past in 1987 seemingly required authorization from the government to import any post 1890's style firearms replica into the U.S. That depressed me at first as i didn't want to go through that hassle just to obtain some new modelguns.

It later turned out that with some checking around, that the "government approval" to import was required to import post 1890's replicas without the orange muzzle markings. This was a intended for theaters and movie makers so, they could import the guns minus the orange muzzle markings legally.

Surprisingly, your UK VCR law(s) resembles our U.S. replica importation law(s) in many ways. And that is the sad part..We too are required to sell clear plastic/green/red etc painted gun replicas here in the U.S. "to protect the children" At this point, it is still quite legal to buy and sell firearms replicas here in the U.S. as long as they are sold to persons over 18 etc. However, they must by federal law(s) have orange muzzle markings.

Importation of post 1890's modelguns etc replicas must have orange muzzle markings as well as all protected registered trade marks (Colt,Smith&Wesson etc.) must be removed before importation is approved.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: It's Official... Playing with Toys IS good for you!   It's Official... Playing with Toys IS good for you! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by fujijon

Its a CRAZZZZY World run by Mad Politicians !!
Here in UK it appears that so as not to appear too heavy , actual ownership has not been affected at all ..... It's Official... Playing with Toys IS good for you! Icon_rolleyes
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: It's Official... Playing with Toys IS good for you!   It's Official... Playing with Toys IS good for you! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:45 pm

And thank God for that otherwise we would all be faced with having to
A: Surrender them all
B: Keep them and risk prosecution and imprisonment

Fact is that as sales of replicas pre- October 2007 was unlicensed and unrecorded, no-one has any idea whatsover who owns what, who imported what, who bought & sold privately... It would be impossible to enforce a ban on ownership because the Law-Breakers wouldn't hand 'em over would they?
And I don't think I'd be too keen either It's Official... Playing with Toys IS good for you! Icon_confused

Cerwyn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Official... Playing with Toys IS good for you!   It's Official... Playing with Toys IS good for you! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Official... Playing with Toys IS good for you!
Page 1 of 1