MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Building a Custom Gun (M1911 Commander)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Building a Custom Gun (M1911 Commander) Empty
PostSubject: Building a Custom Gun (M1911 Commander)   Building a Custom Gun (M1911 Commander) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Navymid2011

Hello all,

In my quest for a model gun, I am exploring all the possibilities that are realistic, and am wondering if this goal is. I've found a picture of a gun I really like; the S&W 1911 Commander. It has a 4.25 inch barrel, stainless steel bushing, hammer, chamber and guide rod, novak sights and a skeleton commander hammer.

Is it possible to make this gun? I can go without the full length recoil rod if that isn't possible, and I wouldn't want the bumpered magazine. But how would I go about making this? I would also need the lightened, longer trigger, and a slide with cocking serrations up front...

What do you guy's think?

http://www.gunblast.com/SW1911Sc.htm
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Building a Custom Gun (M1911 Commander)   Building a Custom Gun (M1911 Commander) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Mark

Well, it is technically possible to build one of these 1911 versions using airsoft components like the slide. However, the airsoft parts need to be modified to work with the modelgun internals. That would entail taking the breach-block with the firing pin and extractor out of the host modelgun's slide and modifying it and the airsoft slide to make them fit/function correctly. I would think that with the ABS modelguns that it would be much like modifying/building a car model. The largest issue in the Smith&Wesson airsoft/modelgun conversion would of course, be the external extractor. That might be hard to make that work properly. But, yes, it can be done with allot of cutting/sanding/filing etc.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Building a Custom Gun (M1911 Commander)   Building a Custom Gun (M1911 Commander) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:28 am

And I'm certainly looking forwards to reading about and seeing your progress with this project!

Good Luck and keep us posted please? Building a Custom Gun (M1911 Commander) Icon_smile

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Building a Custom Gun (M1911 Commander)   Building a Custom Gun (M1911 Commander) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Navymid2011

Well, I haven't decided to start out on it yet. I'm talking to Greg Peterson and a few others about finding a Hobbyfix metal 1911. If I can't find that, then I'd like a Tanaka P226 non-rail. If that's not possible, I'm looking to make myself this commander. Really I think I can get close to what I want with a MGC Combat Commander with a skeletonized hammer...I can deal with the other small details. I might get a stainless bushing and barrel also. We'll see, but at the moment, it's the third man on the totem pole, so to speak.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Building a Custom Gun (M1911 Commander)   Building a Custom Gun (M1911 Commander) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Mark

The MGC Combat commander is an excellent modelgun, that i am sure Francky can get a MGC made skeleton hammer for it. He could also get the bevertail grip safety for it as well. (That will take some fitting etc.)

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a Custom Gun (M1911 Commander)   Building a Custom Gun (M1911 Commander) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building a Custom Gun (M1911 Commander)
Page 1 of 1