MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK? Empty
PostSubject: Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK?   Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by jim

Hi all,

For reference and curiosity I want to find out the prices of real steel Browning Hi-Power MK III in the UK:

1) Live and brand new pre-Dunblane;
2) Live - used but as-new pre-Dunblane;
3) Brand new deact (current price);
4) Used but as-new deact (current price).

I want to find out these prices because I have another dummy MKIII on the way with price equivalent to GBP650...which unlike the deacts it can load and eject rounds...

Thanks in advance,
Jim
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK?   Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by Spencerman

It really depended on where you get it from and what model. The first Browning Hi Power that I got cost me £175.00 used. I think that brand new one would have cost somewhere around the £500.00 mark, or around £300 for an imitation or clone (not toy model, but made by different company, such as Taurus or the such like). I am sure that most de acts used to be the price of the gun + around £65.00 to de act it, so a brand new one would go for somewhere around £550.00 and a used one somewhere around £250.00. Then there becomes the whole new spec/old spec farse, which pushed the price of the nicer more desireable de acts through the roof, so that only privalidged collectors (such as yourself (I have seen how much those models of yours cost)! Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK? Icon_lol ) could afford to buy them. Scarcity has now pushed that price even higher because those lucky enough to have them, wont part with them. Dont take this all as gospel though, I am only going by memory, and I have seen decent Hi Powers for sale at as low as £115.00, back in the day.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK?   Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by jim

First of all many thanks for your input Spencerman Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK? Icon_biggrin ...

So now it seems that my dummy Browning Hi-Power isn't as ridiculously priced as I thought...checked out some UK sites and a brand new deact SIG P226 or H&K USP cost around GBP600...with such special situation for HK collectors so I'm not complaining anymore...

I didn't realised that that the "old spec / new spec" affected semi-auto pistols - I thought only revolvers (cylinder blocked) and long arms (weld solid) were affected Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK? Icon_question One question out of it - does the new spec also apply to "single-shot" longarms such as bolt-action / lever action - or does it only applies to the full-auto / "military-styled" weapons?

Finally - I wish I'm living in the US (certain states only) or Europe (UK and the "East" excluded) so I can simply pay less to get live weapons instead of these non-firing collectibles... Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK? Icon_cry...but by saying so, if I live somewhere with guns readily available then I might not have the same attitude toward guns as I'm now Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK? Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK?   Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by Phobus

Hi Jim ,

I think I know what you mean as regards the price of deacts compared with top quality replica / modelguns .

On the UK site DWSUK we see the likes of the SIG P250 9mm and the gorgeous SPRINGFIELD XD .45acp both for approaching £1000 and people will pay this for what is after all , a brand new pistol - albeit one which has been butchered into little more than a VERY expensive paperweight .

I am sure that people in other more tolerant countries will look at this in disbelief ; and frankly I do too , but if money was no option I would pay this for these to be in my gun cabinet of course !! Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK? Icon_wink

The UK will soon outlaw old spec, deacs and only totally welded up guns will be allowed in private ownership . Many will disappear underground rather than pay to have your deac gun further deactivated .

I think your modelgun Norinco .45 acp is excellent Jim , and much better than a deact . To me the gun must have some function in order to be a desirable model . So being able to field strip / cock / pick up and chamber a round is enough .

I have a .45 acp on its way to me and I am hoping that it is not too badly cut up but the price was cheap so best not to expect too much . I do have my Franklin mint .45 which whilst not up to the quality of your Norinco is nevertheless a very good quality replica . But you can NEVER have too many .45s right ??

Carl. Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK? Icon_smile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK?   Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prices of Browning Hi Power in the UK?
Page 1 of 1