MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Empty
PostSubject: Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica   Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:48 am

Post by Jim

Well...I got it late last month but I'd just made an effort to post these up...
Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica 7c302509
Yes - this is the latest offer from my dummy gun supplier - this time a Browning Hi-Power MK III (I had the choices of 2-tone Practical / Military / MK I / MK II but I like MK III the best).

Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Bd039f41
Authentic marking...

Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Cd0d5ca8
Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica C44da4b1
Notice something strange anybody?

Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica 28b1496b
Yes - it's the ejection port...instead of a higher & smaller one for the MK IIIs they made a lower & larger one as seen on earlier variants.

Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica C91e2a19
Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica 1161235f
And yes - this gun came with "original" box - a cardboard box usually for IT products...

Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica 44d6b6d6
The mag is a real deal - made in Italy with US made rubber floorplate.

Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica B8ef56ab
Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica E882195f
I got too carried away when I got this gun so I didn't notice the inappropriate ejection port (also the slide stop is too hard to release the slide)...I'll bring it to the gun shop tomorrow and see if they have another one with correct ejection port...or maybe I'll simply get a Vigilante replacement instead...or should I just leave it so I can have something special in my collection (again Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Icon_confused ).

Jim
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica   Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:52 am

Post by Claymore

Well it looks a very nice model to me and i have to admit i did not notice the ejection port
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica   Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Phobus

Looks like total quality to me Jim . Very hard to distinguish from real steel : both materials and trades very convincing .

I would love to have one of these .

Nearest in UK is blank firer or deact - both becoming hard to find , not to mention subject to new restrictions and bans thanks to VCR.

Do these models cycle rounds or fire caps ?

Surprised you did not have a photo of the slide back with a round in the mag ready to be chambered Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Icon_smile

Regards

Carl. Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Icon_biggrin
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica   Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:53 am

Post by MadMike

A very nice model. It looks very well made. I did not notice the ejection port, so this would not bother me much. You have something here that should be very rare and hard to find. The best thing in my opinion is that it is not "butchered" like a deact ...
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica   Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Jim

Back from the shop...the prop guy even took his live MKIII out for comparison and I maintained that the ejection port is somehow different - but in the end I kept it, knowing that nothing much can be done now (unless he makes another slide for me but chance is slim...).

Another reason for me to visit the shop with the Browning is that I'll be in Kuala Lumpur tomorrow for some business meetings so I have to store my Taurus PT-92 deact in his armoury as per the HK gun law (yes I need a licence/exemption to collect deacts in HK and whenever I leave HK for more than 72 hours I need to make a written application ).

Also everytime when I "move" my gun I have to make another written application stating when exactly (within 2 hours) I'll take my gun outside my house / authorised storage - this application has to be made 5 days in advance...

These guns are somehow better than deacts because they can cycle rounds (real-sized) - and they can't fire caps (they make dummy firing pin from the back similar to KSC blowback airsofts so you can see there's one but from the front it was milled so it cannot strike anything).

If I don't need any documentation to buy deacts in HK (such as the UK) then I think I'll go for deacts as they'll be more cheaper...but with UK very likely to outlaw deacts as well then I shall keep quiet...

Phobus is right - I should take a photo of what you suggested...I shall be able to do so once the renovation finishes...in June (I packed the rounds and other guns in the containers before I moved).

Surprisingly nobody reckon there's something wrong with the ejection port - I always reckon the edges should be rounder than this...maybe I got used to Tanaka's MKIII so I perceived that they made the correct one...

According to the plan, Walther P38 will be next and then SIG P250 - the new sidearm for HK detectives from Colt Detective Special after some 30 years in the service.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica   Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by MadMike

Well, the ejection port is really no big deal. I just took one of my Marushin Browning HiPowers out of its box and yes, you are right, the ejection port is rounder. But I can remember my Umarex Browning GPDA blank pistol, and I am quite sure the ejection port looked exectly like the one on your model, so I was used to this look. (My blank gun had the same (modern) grip design).

Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica GPDA8

I like your Browning very much!
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica   Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by shazhib

geeee....

I always dream about those full metal handguns....not full metal airsoft.
Looks very nice.

shaz,
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica   Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Spencerman

I love that gun.

I have long been a fan of the Browning Hi-Power, and particularly the later models such as the MKIII. The blank gun is not too bad, but is based on Brownings GP-DA 9, which I believe they were able to keep under licence, and which they changed quite annoyingly in the UK to GP-DA 8 (because it was 8mm), but it does have major issues with the frontage, but the rest is not bad. I am unable to check against my browning just at the moment, but I cant say that I noticed anything too striking about the ejection port, so I am sure that the difference must be minimal, although perhaps side by side it would be more obvious. The only thing that I dont like about your gun, and this is purely down to my own personal preference, is the grips.

There is nothing wrong with them, they are indeed the correct rubber grips for the Browning, but, I prefer the wooden ones. I am not a major lover of wooden grips on many semiautos, they can have a rather nasty way of making them look cheaper, but on the Browning I would have it no other way. So, I would strongly recommend a couple of things. Firstly, keep the gun, it is a great model, and one which I think looks the best out of all of your others so far. Secondly, get a set of walnut grips, they can be found cheap enough through places like ebay usa etc, so if you dont like it, then you dont loose much, but if you do like it you will gain much more appreciation for your gun. Thirdly, if you have to or if you want to holster your weapon, then personally I always used to favour a slide holster for this gun, something like the JitSlide holster, or the YukiSlide (which I like less than the JitSlide as it is not molded) are great, and the JitSlide again can be found on ebay usa for somewhere around £30. The only point that I will make about these, is that if you use them with jeans or studded trousers, be careful where you position the holster, as the studs can scratch your gun as you move about. I have used these holsters now whith the Beretta 92, the Browning Hi-Power, and the H&K USP, and have never had any cause for concern with them, as the ride position is very good considering the concealability of them.

Dare I ask again how much this one cost you???

Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Icon_smile
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica   Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by jim

Now Carom Shot (from Japan) had released wooden grips for the Hi-Power - so OK I'll give it a go (only cost around £20...I can still afford it for now).

Thanks for the suggestion - apart from Hi-Powers I like wooden grips fitted on Beretta 92 as well.

I kind of like the black plastic grips for the MK II & MK III...these grips distinguish them as the newer Hi-Powers (also they look more "stylish" and "modern" to me...oh is it just me again?!) while wooden grips give them a more "classic" look.

Also - thanks for all the suggestions on holsters but this is the style of hip holster that I'm after:
Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Image242BK
A black leather duty holster is fine by me - so I'll look up the Bianchi and the Galco catalogues...

But who knows...taste will change...

For the price...it is HKD $10,000 (couple of thousands more for MK I, Practical, etc)...with the drastically plummeting HK dollars ( Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Icon_evil ) I'm not going to convert it into other currencies anymore (thanks to the bloody US Dollars).

Jim
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica   Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Spencerman

Maybe a Price Western holster would be a good choice. You should be able to get an old police one at various differing ride heights quite cheaply as they are now obsolete as they use the Glock now, and they are great quality holsters, again I have used these for years also, and dont think that I would pick any other make of duty holster myself. They are also available fixed in place or on an adjustable pivot, so ride position is also an option.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica   Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Browning Hi Power MkIII Replica
Page 1 of 1