MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Colt M725 Carbine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

MGC Colt M725 Carbine Empty
PostSubject: MGC Colt M725 Carbine   MGC Colt M725 Carbine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:26 pm

****Originally posted by Illuminati****

Was just over at DEN Trinity and noticed they were selling the MGC Colt M725 Carbine. I didnt really think much of it at first until i saw the price.. $143 USD!! Thats less than £100, has anyone had any experience with this gun? Is it worth buying at all?

Also has anyone has experience with shipping to the UK with DEN Trinity?

Thanks for any advice
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725 Carbine   MGC Colt M725 Carbine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:27 pm

****Originally posted by mark****

Hi Illuminati,

Welcome to the boards! The MGC M725 is a great modelgun and is worth every penny! I have one and it is awesome and heavy and is well worth the price!

I have had no problems with ordering from dentrinity (well, at least to the U.S. anyways)

Definately, buy it while they are on sale!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725 Carbine   MGC Colt M725 Carbine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:27 pm

****Originally posted by october****

oh no, i just ordered one...

mark, how does den trinity handle their trademarks and orange muzzle paint? are they permanent? can the orange paint be removed as well?
and are shells and mags available? does this need two caps to fire? i saw somewhere that you had to put a 5 mm cap and a 7 mm cap together for some guns... the price seems like a good deal, i want some full auto guns for the collection. i really like my 1911, i think it's better than my airsoft ones. though it is fun to shoot the bb's i wish i had found out about the model guns before i started buying airsoft, i would have bought them instead. at some point i will have to get a M.A.C. i dont know, i just like them for some reason...i dont think i'm going to be buying airsoft any more, cause it seems like anything i would want is available as a modelgun.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725 Carbine   MGC Colt M725 Carbine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:28 pm

Hi october,

You just made a good choice! The MGC M725 is excellent and is well worth the money!

Dentrinity uses orange paint on their muzzles and black silicone to cover the trademarks..These are easily removed...They aren't permanent.

Dentrinity sells the cartridges but not the magazines unfortunately..They are asking $26.00 for 10 cartridges which is the standard price that I see every where.

No, the MGC doesn't need two caps to function relieably. In fact, I don't recomend using two caps in any cartridge as the gas pressure created by two caps is destructive to the expensive cartridge cases!

After chasing cartridges all over the internet and paying big bucks for them, I try to take the best care of them as possible!

The MGC Mac 11 is great but it has a rather fast rate of fire and the catridges are a pain to reload due to them being so small..But, I love my Mac 11! I have always wanted the real Mac 11 since I had seen my first one years ago..

I started out with modelguns and I have never liked the airsoft guns much as it is even hard to find a place to shoot them with out drawing attention to yourself unless you are out in the forest or in a sanctioned airsoft tournament.

Also, shooting the airsoft guns inside presents problems too! Although, you do have to watch out for the cartridge casings for the modelguns as they are wall, cabinet, lamp and window destroyers!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725 Carbine   MGC Colt M725 Carbine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:29 pm

****Originally posted by claymore****

Hi illuminati
I have bought from redwolf and endoshiji and have never had any problems with delivery, in fact its only taken a few days to arrive.
You normally get a tracking number so you can see if it gets held at customs (which is unlikly).

You dont have to worry about the red barrel and tradmarks being covered that's only for the US.

for caps and rounds you can go to www.modelguncollector.co.uk but the caps and rounds he sells are the most expensive i have seen, www.badb.co.uk also does caps at a good price but i dont think they keep many in stock and they do have some rounds but again run out. www.modelguns.co.uk is a very good place but he will only sell caps and rounds to you if you bought the gun from him
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725 Carbine   MGC Colt M725 Carbine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:30 pm

Anyone know of a review of the gun?

Just got a quote and its going to cost me £130 in total including shipping so should be ordering this week thanks for the help guys.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725 Carbine   MGC Colt M725 Carbine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:31 pm

****Originally posted by october****

yeah, i got my quote too, $73 for shipping to u.s. (yikes)
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725 Carbine   MGC Colt M725 Carbine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:31 pm

Yes, their shipping cost isn't cheap but the MGC is fairly heavy, it almost weighs as much as a real M16 7-8 lbs. The Japanese sometimes want far more to ship these in most cases...But, the price break that dentrinity is giving for it makes up for the shipping $195 compaired to $273.00 that they where asking for it..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725 Carbine   MGC Colt M725 Carbine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:32 pm

yea my quote was 70 USD for shipping to UK, thats not bad if you ask me cos the ONLY version of this gun i can find in the UK is £300 or nearly $550 so its almost 2 thirds off for me
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725 Carbine   MGC Colt M725 Carbine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:33 pm

****Originally posted by claymore****

Yep, the prices for some models from Japan or HK are very attractive, however when you want spares,caps, rounds etc it can cause problems hence why i bite the bullet and pay the UK prices i do get a superb service from my supplier who seems to be able to get hold of pretty much anything i ask for.

I have bought a few from Japan and HK, some of the metal Kokusai model revolvers which are a superb price and some models that i wanted 2 of i would buy the 2nd from abroad.

Remember also you will possibly be stung for VAT and import duty, it is a bit hit and miss, sometimes i pay other times i dont, you just have to take the chance but include it in the total cost when you buy just in case.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725 Carbine   MGC Colt M725 Carbine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:33 pm

hmm never thought of that really, quite a hefty amount aswell, 17.5% of 130 is 22.75 + import duties (not sure what they'd be). May hold off on ordering from abroad in that case, dont really have enough money to be paying hidden charges aswell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725 Carbine   MGC Colt M725 Carbine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Colt M725 Carbine
Page 1 of 1