MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Colt M725

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:46 pm

*** Originally posted by october ***

it arrived yesterday! it is really fun to shoot, and has a hefty weight to it.
i need more cartridges and caps though cause it only came w/ 10 cartridges and full auto is really fun but too quick w/ only 10...
the cartridge design seems like it is easier to load, and less tempermental than my 1911. mark, i was wondering if the color is accurate, as i've never seen a real one... also, it came from den trinity, and i was wondering what kind of paint they use on the muzzle, cause it would be a shame if it "accidently" came off somehow... :wink: i still haven't found a replacement slide for my 1911 yet, if anyone knows where i can get one...
MGC Colt M725 MGCColt1MGC Colt M725 MGCColt3
MGC Colt M725 MGCColt4MGC Colt M725 MGCColt2
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:47 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Hi october,

That's great! The MGC M725 is a great modelgun and it is very relieable too. I have a video of it shooting and it is flawless as it fires all of the 30 round magazine.

Of course, dentrinity has spare cartridges and magazines too and they aren't too badly priced. The cartridges are really well designed and they are far better sealed than the Marushin cartridges and so they are more efficient than other designs.

It does weigh more than most plastic modelguns doesn't it? As for the color it is not quite correct as it is too silver looking the actual M16/M725 is a far darker black/grey color.

The orange paint easily comes off with carburator cleaner and won't hurt the finish of the model...So, be careful not to get any on it..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:47 pm

*** Originally posted by illuminati ***

Well its half come

Shipped monday from Hong Kong, got here today, but £13.50 charges on it so ill get it redelivered today
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty

Illuminati,

The 13.75 charges are VAT charges are't they? I have never understood the idea of the VAT.

Anyways, cool, you will like the MGC M725! And, I hope that you have spare MGC cartridges as you will need them!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:48 pm

No its not VAT, its parcel force charges, the useless idiots have held it for charges but i cant pay them without going all the way to the main depot because they arent delivering it without them being paid...

typical. lol.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:48 pm

Ah, I see.

I have had problems with UPS at times too kind of like what you describe mostly they deliver during weird hours when usually I am out somewhere.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

illuminati, thats not bad price wise last time i got charged by them it was £25 and that was for a colt python. You have still saved a lot of money.

having to go to the depot is a pain though but it will be worth it if fires anything like my M4A1 you will be a happy man.

october you really need to invest in more rounds ten must go so quick, nice looking gun though and the MGC's dont seem to be as tempramental as the marushin.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:49 pm

Yes, it doesn't seem that he got a bad deal there.It's too bad that they have to make you guys go and pick them up...

The MGC M725 is the same modelgun as the M4 as they modified the M725 casting molds to make the M4.

claymore, are you using grease in the Marushin cartridges (put the grease in the case before the piston) and the old fired cap at the base for a better gas seal?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:49 pm

*** Originally posted by tancor ***

Hey october, that's a nice looking new gun, I think I may have to add it to my wish list .

And with Den having the cartridges and the clips... nice added bonus.

I want to get several MGC guns... so many guns, so little money.

-Tony
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:50 pm

Tony, if you want to get one of the MGC M725's from dentrity, you should get one now as they are still on sale for $143.00! That price is far to good to pass up!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:50 pm

Having no end of trouble actually getting my parcel off these idiots, instead of delivering it and leaving me a note saying pay these charges (which would of been fine because i could arrange re-delivery with that card then pay at my door) ive had to go to the depot, went to it today only to find they've MOVED IT! lol

Im getting so pissed off, tried phoning them, all voice activated etc, no way to talk to a real person at all, their website wont work for the address and they take forever to answer emails. Im losing it here.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty

Yep, I got the same treatment from UPS here so, you can't trust all of the shippers, as they usually have no clue as to what they are doing!

Keep on them and don't let them send it back!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:51 pm

They delivered it today pretty happy with the gun, pity about the stock being so plasticy but i can deal with it.

Having a few troubles with jams, but havent used it with caps yet, just been using the bolt to eject, often jams though.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:51 pm

Some of these models dont work too well when you manually cycle the action and need to be fired with the cap in to function correctly.
A few of my models fail to eject if you just pull the slide back, some of my 8mm blank firers also have this problem. I have no idea why this should be so before you think it is broke fire it with the caps.

Remember as well as the barrel pin and the rounds get dirty you will start to get jams.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty

claymore, How many rounds do you fire before you start to have problems in your M4 or your M725?

I was looking at both my M4 and my M725 yesterday and realised that the M4 weighs allot more than the M725 but it is still lighter than my real AR15.

The magazines and cartridges are completely interchangeable with each other (and the MGC cartridges will chamber in my AR15!)

I would like to get an RIS set up for the M4 or the correct "fat" M4 handguards that for some reason,MGC didn't make.

Most of the airsoft RIS set-ups don't look like they would bolt on so,I am holding off buying them until I discover the "right" unit to buy.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:52 pm

My 3rd Mag will occasionally start to give me jams on full auto, semi is fine.
The 4th mag is a definate jam time on full auto every 4-5 round semi again seems fine have not got on to firing a 5th mag yet as 4 mags of 30 with cleaning etc takes up a lot of time.

If i get 3 mags off without a hitch i consider that pretty good, not as good as the MP40 but good enough.

My marushin X177 has only once got a full mag off for all sorts of reasons. Now i think it is down to ejection problems, i do lube the round well but i think it is the extractor that is not doing the job right but i am not sure how i go about curing that problem.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:52 pm

That's interesting information about the length of firing that you can get away with before heavy duty cleaning!

That's also cool to know that they will work that long before they become to sticky to operate..

Also, I am glad that you spent the money on the 120! MGC cartridges and 5? magazines not me!

How many magazines do you get out of the MP40?

The Marushin M16 series needs quite a bit of tinkering to get it right but it is worth it have you or do you put the fired caps on the post on the cartridge base with the open part of the cap facing up-wards to act as a base seal?

If you do the fired cap seal trick on the base of the cartridge and a small film of grease inside of the cartridge, you can get away with one 7mm cap instead of one 5mm and one 7mm.

The Marushin extractors "hook" should be checked for burrs and these should be smoothed down and the bolt carrier checked for wear and the mounting points for the extractor checked for cracks and dents.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:53 pm

*** Originally posted by madmike ***

I am new on this forum and I am writing to you from Germany.

I finally managed to assemble my Marushin XM 177 E2 kit. It is my first modelgun as I started with airsoft but wanted something more realistic some day. I have to say that I am quite impressed from the realistic internals. Sadly these guns are very expensive here in Germany as I had to pay over $ 400 for the kit!
The assembly was quite fun, but there where situations the parts needed little reworking. Sadly the stock wobbles, also do upper and lower receiver when the gun is closed and the lock pins are in position. But I like the finish which is far better as on most airsoft guns.

I started testfiring it and was very disappointed because not a single round was strong enough to push the bolt back. Then I remembered that Mark had told me to use a used cap upside down as a gas seal into the cartridge´s bottom. This is shown in the manual but I was not able to understand it untill Mark told me. A manual in English would be VERY helpful.

Now the gun is operating very well. It sometimes jams, but this is due to the pfc cap which is not igniting. I fired 100 caps and approx. 10 did not ignite. Perhaps the Marushin 7 mm caps are old.

I would like to have a Marushin 30 round magazine but sadly they are no longer available. I love my XM 177 E2 that much that I think of buying an old factory built version (I was told that the receiver parts do not wobble on these early versions) with metal flash hider and 30 round clip. But a good early Marushin XM 177 E2 will cost over $ 600 here in Europe, so I will have to safe a lot of money first.
I guess the MGC M4 or M16 A2 carbines are better in some respects, but I wanted a full metal gun, so I had to chose the Marushin which is an old design, to be frank.

I would like to thank Mark for his kind support. Without this I would not have dared buying a Marushin kit. It was a good choice, I think. And it was worth the money.

Best wishes to all model gunners!

MadMike
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:53 pm

Might have to try a kit myself at some point, but not sure it would be a good idea for me, i get annoyed easy with kits and whatnot lol.

Just wondering, havent got any caps for my M725 yet but would i just use 7mm or 5mm and 7mm combined? Before i go out n buy em it'd be handy to know.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty

*** Originally posted by madmike ***

As I do not have a MGC gun I can not tell you. But Mark should know it as he is an expert in all modelguns.

With Marushin guns there are two solutions: Fitting both a 7 mm and a 5 mm cap or using just one cap (7 mm) and a second (used) 7 mm cap upside down as a gas seal. I prefer the second solution as it is cheaper and works well, although two caps make more noise.

Assembling the kits is not really difficult. You need time (it took me a whole Friday in my holidays) and patience. A English manual would be very helpful, but the japanese manual is all you need because the pictures make very clear what you must do.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:54 pm

Yea ive got a jap. manual here, it seems pretty clear. Also i was just playing around a sec ago and realised that the gun only seems to jam if i dont pull the trigger before chambering the next round (as i didnt have any caps in i didnt bother to fire it before, just chambered).

Before i was getting a jam every 2 rounds or so, now its perfectly fine even manually.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:54 pm

Mark thanke for the info on the Marushin 177, no i have not tried the used cap on the pin trick. You say use grease, i do oil the rounds do you mean oil or a thicker grease. Using just one cap with this system sounds great too, cuts the cost and that bloody finicky procedure of keeping the 5mm cap in the right position. I will try this soonest and let you know.

Dont have 5 mags and that many rounds for the MGC m4A1 (yet) 2 mags and 60 rounds have to clean them between firing hence time consuming.
The MP40, well that just seems to go on and on some times i have put 5 mags through that before now and only the occasional jam at other times jamms have started after the 2nd mag. Usually though i run out of time (with loading etc) to fire any more and the gun is still perfoming well. Thats why i like the 40 so much + its easy to clean.

illuminati/madmike, i to made may X177 from a kit and i wished i had not the stock part was hell to screw on to the frame and i have marked it bad in places trying to get it on. I have found out reasons for this now when it's to late. Also there are loads of little tweaks you have to do it seems to get the gun to work. This last tip about the used cap sems good so will try it an with any luck it will be the final thing i need to do to get it to work right. No more kits for me i want the gun to work right out of the box.

Do not put a 5mm cap with the 7mm with the MGC 725 or any of the MGC M16 type guns. You will find it is too much power and could damage the gun and round. From what i have heard you need the extra cap for the Marushin because the bolt is heavier
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi madmike,

I have been waiting for you to post!

That's great that you have assembled the Marushin XM you say the stock wobbles? That is strange, I don't have any problems with my stock on my XM but,my MGC M4&M725 cabines stocks wobble badly and they are factory assembled!

My upper and lower receivers do have a slight gap when they are assembled but they don't have too much movement (well,not enought to cause firing problems)

if you want to tighten the "slop" out of the upper/lower you might try the real AR15 accuracy trick: there is a small (usually red plastic)plastic drop-in device that you place in the rear of the receiver and this puts pressure on theupper and this tightens the upper/lower wobble.

This device is usually available in most firearms shops on-line for a $1.00 or so, I was given 2 the last time I bought AR15 parts!

The Marushin caps,as far as I know will last for 10-15 years if properly stored however, if it is raining, or the humidity is high, the caps might not fire. So, it's a good idea to make sure that they are stored in a dry warm place as the phosphorus attracts water.

The Marushin recomended trick of placing the fired cap on the pin at the bottom of the case is a very recomended (and tricky) step to firing the Marushin properly.

I tried the 5&7mm cap technique but it was wasteful and it OVER PRESSURES THE CARTRIDGE so, please, if you want your expensive cartridges to last try every trick that you can think of, to avoid the use of two caps!

Yes, the Marushin made 30 round magazine is hard to find! I paid $80.00 for my example! (endoshoji had it) The supplied 20 rounder looks out-of- place in my XM and the low magazine capacity just wasn't what I was looking for.

I haven't found the earlier factory assembled XM's or the M16's to be any better than the newer factory assembled versions or the kits for that matter.

Thanks for the compilments madmike!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi Illuminati,

Please don't even try to use two caps in the MGC! use only one 7mm cap!
as that is what works best and it beats buying two types of caps

the kits aren't all that bad and they are fairly tricky but they are wort it as they force you to learn the model inside and out so, you will know all of it's quirks.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:56 pm

Hi claymore,

I mean a thick grease I use a firearms grease, the brand name is RIG gun careproducts +p stainless steel lube #R-107

I use a q-tip to put a small ammount into the cartridge case (not much mind you) then I put in the piston and the cap.

I am glad that you didn't spend that much(yet) on cartridges and magazines as that might hurt more than the modelgun cost!

That's great that the MP40 is that relieable for you I do like mine, but I haven't shot it much so, I will have to fix that eh?

Ah so, I wasn't the only person to experiance the stock tube to lower receiver fitment problem! I had to file the threads on the stock tube as they where cut too shallow what a pain! I am lookin for the die to tap this part with so next time I have to do this I will be prepared..

The earlier Marushin M16/XM series had an all zinc bolt carrier and it was too heavy for relieability so the 5/7mm cap combination was recomended by Marushin (that and cutting the hammer springs to weaken them) the later versions of the Marushin M16/XM series featured aluminum bolt carriers to reduce the power needs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MGC Colt M725 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Colt M725   MGC Colt M725 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Colt M725
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next