MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has anyone heard from Mark?

Go down 
+9
ljerr2
pitfighter
claymore
smootik
2Sharp
lampwick
MadMike
Ozguns
Cerwyn
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Has anyone heard from Mark? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard from Mark?   Has anyone heard from Mark? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:25 pm

MadMike wrote:
...I am feeling sad and in some way hurt too that he didn't join here, but as we all know life can change and shift the main points in an unexpected way.

I hope he will rejoin us someday. If he decides not to do so - regardless what reasons he may have - I will accept that and feel very thankful anyway. He started a great site and led people around the world virtually together. Let's be honest, without Mark's modelgunsite and forum we would have never met...

Some may have noticed that I am rarely here on the forum lately. I used to visit on a daily basis, but right now I just can't do that. I have a lot of work to do and some extra volunteer work too. Add some health issues and you just won't get the necessary things done.
I know I let some people I consider friends here on the forum down, and I truly regret that. Maybe that's the reason I can understand Mark.

I am very thankful for all the work Cerwyn and his friends have put into this "temporary" forum. I think we should stay here together, at least until we know where the original forum is going.

Cerwyn and Claymore, a very special thank you to you both! You know I can't thank you enough for all your help, assistance, understanding and friendship.

I have to say also that without Mark's original forum site, my modelgun hobby wouldn't have turned out to be anywhere near as enjoyable. Not only did I learn a huge amount about them, I met and made several great friends and regularly contact fellow enthusiasts from all over the World.
I won't hide the fact that I'm dissapointed that neither Mark nor **** have supported this forum. It was set up as a temporary site, a means of saving all the information and data that could so easily have been lost, and almost was!
This site began as a means to save Mark's forum and as somewhere we members could continue to discuss our hobby together.
If I hadn't done so, then losing Mark's site for 12 months would probably have killed that off completely. It has grown considerably since. 112 members as of now and being visited regularly every day.
The invitation I sent to Mark months ago to join us here still stands, I would welcome him gladly as I'm sure we all would.

'Mike, I know you've been unwell my friend for some weeks. Don't think for a moment you've let anyone down by not posting! You get yourself fit and well, that's your priority mate!
You're a good friend, there's no need to thank me for friendship and support, that's what mates are for aren't they?

Edited: Name removed to comply with individual "reserving his Legal right to protect himself"
Cerwyn 10th June '09

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net Online
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard from Mark?   Has anyone heard from Mark? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:32 am

Without a doubt I'll stick to this new and possibly permanent forum (unless Cerwyn & Co. decided to give up but please DON'T)...

The time & effort paid by our veteran members (there're too many members to thank but a very special one for Cerwyn) here just cannot be dismissed when only the original (but already long-time defunct) forum is working again - but what happened during that time still remains a mystery without any statement/explanation (not that I demand anything from anybody but for friendly forums like this one, this really isn't a big ask isn't it)?

Although I fully respect the original forum in every way - but the lack of explanation to delete the entire blank firer section...don't think it is very difficult to retain the old posts for future references isn't it...?

I shall better stop right here before making new enemies...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard from Mark?   Has anyone heard from Mark? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:56 am

I am happy to tell you all that Mark has sent me a message overnight.

He is well, and has expressed his gratitude and thanks for all the work carried out to save his forums from total loss and destruction.
He is fully supportive.

I've replied, of course, thanking him for his kind words. I've also asked that he register with us here, so that we may get on the road towards a full recovery and reconcilliation. I'm sure we'll all be glad to see him back.

You will also notice during the next few days that a number of posts will be deleted permanently from this forum. One member who wishes to remain anonymous, has demanded I remove all posts orginating from him.
I will do so.
He has also informed me that he refuses to post further, or acknowledge this site. I will, in that case, cancel his account.

Let's hope we can now pick up the pieces and carry on.

Thank you

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard from Mark?   Has anyone heard from Mark? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:25 pm

Cerwyn wrote:

You will also notice during the next few days that a number of posts will be deleted permanently from this forum.
Just great... :-/

I hate the idea of schizm. I've seen those with many forums, mainly because of how some people did not like moderators and set up another forum with different moderation rules. That's fine if there is thousands of members, but modelguns? We barely have a 100 registered people, with maybe 40-50 logging here.
If the problems were temporary, it would have been much easier to come back to the original forum, I guess, but after a year without any update or even without being able to see old posts there I've never considered that it will be operational again.

For me it does not make sense to have two forums, to post duplicate threads or posts :-/

Loss of the anonymous member is a pity, as he has contributed plenty of information so useful to our hobby.
True, it will still be available on the original forum, but it will be sad to have this separation :-/

I truly wish that all people involved in running modelgun forums (administrators and moderators) will talk together and come up with idea of "united forum" with all posts and all members, without personal grudges.
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard from Mark?   Has anyone heard from Mark? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:29 pm

"Loss of the anonymous member is a pity" Four letters?? First one J??
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard from Mark?   Has anyone heard from Mark? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:15 am

Dear smootik,

It saddens me too that someone has demanded that I remove all his posts from this forum. It wasn't my decision, it was his, and he insisted upon it. As Moderators, we're here to ensure that topics are kept relavent, language is kept decent, and that inapropriate or abusive posts are either edited responsibly or removed as a final resort.
It is not a Moderator's task or right to remove posts just because he/she doesn't agree with it or doesn't like it. Constructive criticism is actually welcomed Wink

Many of the individual's posts were informative and interesting. It is a pity to lose them from here, but he gave me no option.

We are a relatively small group, 112 now, Worldwide. Too few to waste time on ridiculous arguments certainly, but this particular forum is growing steadily. We're averaging between 15-20 members regularly loging in plus all the e-mails and PMs between us. There's plenty of interest in this hobby and the forum to keep it alive for a long time yet.

Contact from Mark, finally, is a step in the right direction towards full recovery and reconcilliation.

Back to top Go down
ricks
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 23
Location / Country : Pennsylvania, USA
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard from Mark?   Has anyone heard from Mark? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 10:48 pm

I've been fairly quiet for a while (shock Laughing ), but I was relieved to hear that Mark's no longer MIA. Just my 2 cents (2p, etc.) , but I plan to participate in both forums. If there's ever a merger - great - and if not, no big deal. I appreciate everything everyone has done & continues to do.

There a no small contributions...

Thanks to all

Rick
Back to top Go down
metradio
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
metradio

Number of posts : 68
Location / Country : Slough, Berkshire, UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard from Mark?   Has anyone heard from Mark? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Keep up the good work Cerwyn. Let the two sites run in tandem for a while, just in case Mark's site ends up in a time warp again..

Mike
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HT600E
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard from Mark?   Has anyone heard from Mark? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 5:19 pm

metradio, and Ricks,

It's good to hear from you Mike and you Rick Exclamation The intention is to keep this site going for as long as you, the membership want it to do so Wink . Certainly both sites will run in tandem, just in case of further problems.

I agree completely, there are no such things as small contributions, every one is valuable. I'm sure we're all relieved to learn that Mark's no longer MIA too. We'll see what happens,

I've offered Mark his rightfull place as Administrator here, (as was the original intention) to run the site with 8ace and myself.
If we merge, great, if not, well that's no problem either, there'll be a spirit of co-operation, not competition.

Thanks to all for your kind words of encouragement and support.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard from Mark?   Has anyone heard from Mark? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone heard from Mark?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2