MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE***

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE*** Empty
PostSubject: Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE***   Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE*** Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 6:50 pm

Have Marushin now ceased production of their ABS MP40 Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE*** Icon_question

There were strong rumours that this may happen when they launched the GBB Airsoft model but since launching their new factory assembled HW version, several dealers in HK and elsewhere either don't list the kit anymore or quote "Discontinued"

What will the situation be re Spare Parts? Are Marushin one of those companies that still make parts to keep those models in service working, or will they just stop altogether Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE*** Icon_question

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.

Last edited by Cerwyn on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE***   Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE*** Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 7:31 pm

Are the parts from ABS and HW 40s interchangable Question

8ace
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE***   Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE*** Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:31 am

I hope that they are still producing their kits from time to time. The M16A1 and XM177E2 kits are not always in production, so it is possible that they are not available for a few months. Anyway I think that Marushin stopped producing the M655 Carbine kit long ago. Remember the first kits (like the UZI) came unpainted with a spray can.

But if they used thir old molds for their Airsoft project this may be bad.

Anyway I guess the MP40 kit is still the most popular and quite cheap modelgun, and it is sold worldwide.

Originally I wanted to get me the "mil coat finish" assembled XM177E2, but I had to ditch this. Anyway I did not really like the green finish. A dull grey would have been much better.

Last edited by MadMike on Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE***   Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE*** Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 1:03 pm

I would bet money that the Marushin abs MP40 was the first modelgun bought by most collectors Wink and it must surely be one of Marushin's best sellers.

There shouldn't be any reasons why the HW and abs parts aren't interchangeable I guess. The only worry would be that as HW has a tendency to break as it's rather brittle will the HW parts stand up to regular firing Question

Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE***   Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE*** Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:30 pm

I am not sure if Marushin totally gave up ABS kit version of MP40, but don't think we have to worry too much about the parts. Marushin is one of very few company retain it's mold of old models (that's why the could release re-production model of Browning, S&W auto and revolvers recently). Those mold been imposed fixed asset tax here in Japan, many of toy maker dump the mold if a product will not sell well. Maybe that is not the case for MP40....I hope.
shaz
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE***   Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE*** Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 7:11 pm

shazhib wrote:
I am not sure if Marushin totally gave up ABS kit version of MP40, but don't think we have to worry too much about the parts. Marushin is one of very few company retain it's mold of old models (that's why the could release re-production model of Browning, S&W auto and revolvers recently). Those mold been imposed fixed asset tax here in Japan, many of toy maker dump the mold if a product will not sell well. Maybe that is not the case for MP40....I hope.
shaz

That is good news shazhib, I would guess the MP40 must surely be a big seller. If Marushin continue to use the moulds for their GBB Airsoft and the new HW version then parts should be ok in the future, hopefully as you say Exclamation

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE***   Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE*** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin's ABS MP40 Kits... Discontinued? ***BACK ON SALE***
Page 1 of 1