MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Desert Eagle .50 Cal Problems

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Desert Eagle .50 Cal Problems Empty
PostSubject: Desert Eagle .50 Cal Problems   Desert Eagle .50 Cal Problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:00 am

Post by Guest

i recently bought a desert eagle 50 cal which is an impressive looking modelgun. The rounds are huge and i did wonder how well the gun would fire.

Suprise suprise it fired really well the 1st mag was a complete success, good recoil prettty fast firing for such a huge gun and ejected the rounds great and a good loud crack of noise.

However from then on in it was downhill, 1st shot fine 2nd and 3 rounds popped out of the mag this continued for 2 more mags.
This apparently is a problem with this gun due to the size of the round. I have been told that if you squeeze the lips of the mag when the rounds are in each time you load up it will work. I have not had success with this as when the lips are pushed in it dips the round down and it fails to get picked up and loaded push the lips out and the rounds pop out again.

Apart from this the model is really good (although could do with being heavier) but with the round problem it gets very frustrating.

Anyone got a better cure.

markzzr
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Desert Eagle .50 Cal Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Eagle .50 Cal Problems   Desert Eagle .50 Cal Problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Mark

Hi Markzzr,

Ya, the Hudson Deasert Eagle is cool! I consisdered buying one, but, at this moment, I am collecting only full-auto capable modelguns..

The feed-lips are, evidently, the problem in this case. Adjusting the magazine-lips should be done with care (on any magazine!) as they are out of adjustment now. When i adjust the feed lips on any magazine, i try to adjust them a very little as to prevent the cartridges from jumping out of the magazine.

The real problem in this case is the Japanese modelgun manufactures, don't harden their magazine bodys so, they deform enough to "pop-out the rounds after a short time of use..

As far as I know, there is not a practical fix for your magazine..(other than buying another!)
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

Desert Eagle .50 Cal Problems
Page 1 of 1