MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem Empty
PostSubject: Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem   Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:19 pm

Post by John

Hi,

I have 2 Marushin M9 Dolphin. I think 1 is factory assembly & another is kit version (both are bought second handed.) The factory version works perfectly but the kit version got this problem :

It can cock by pushing the hammer, decock with the safety lever. OK.
But when I pull the slide (of course with safety lever horizontal), then release the slide, the hammer decock by itself. Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem Icon_cry

I changed the slide of the factory one to the kit frame, same problem.
I changed the slide of the kit one to factory frame, no problem.
So the problem must in the kit frame.
I have totally dismantle the kit frame & re-assemble it, the problem persists.

Your help is much appreciated !
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem   Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by Mark

Hi John,

I have heard that the Japanese are having the same problem with their kit version of the Dolphin..
It seems that they have (or had?) problems with the sear not engaging the "bent" (notch in the hammer) correctly due to burrs on the sear lever..

These are easily removed with a file (Carefully!) and the parts checked to make sure that they operate smoothly..

The Marushin factory assembled Dolphins where hand fitted to correct this problem, where the kits assembly was left up to the customer who rarely follows the instructions or, they don't take the time to clean off the burrs from the parts...Which then leads to operation problems later.

I sure would like to buy one of the HW versions of the Marushin Dolphin..Maybe they will re-release it soon....
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem   Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by John

Thank you Mark.

I think one way to tackle this is to dismantle both the kit and factory versions and compare piece by piece the difference. But it will take so much time that I'm very reluctant to do. I'll wait till somedays come that I feel I have much idle time. And that may also be the reason why the kit is not popular any more at least in HK because of the so much re-work and the price difference between kit & factory version is not much (~20-25%).
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem   Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:21 pm

Post by Mark

I heard that the Marushin might release a newer version of the Dolphin perhaps the HW version and hopefully the HW kit which I would like to have. I like to assemble the kits more than just getting the factory assembled versions..

So, maybe in the near future we will see new Marushin Dolphin's
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem   Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:25 pm

Post by John

Mark,

As far as I know from the Web, Dolphin is a special gun, so speical that it can be said as an experimental gun. It has not been in formal service nor mass production and deployment in US Navy as planned. It is not an official release from Beretta. People has doubt on the practicality of its full Auto feature. What I heard is it is a failure gun afterall.

I rather like to see Marushin to release again its Hi Power, P-38, M1910 etc with Heavy Weight and Centre Fire System. They are more famous and popular.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem   Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:26 pm

Post by Mark

Hi John,

I am not quite sure that the Beretta Dolphin ever existed as Beretta already had the M93R series inproduction and they are fairly succesful.

But, the local class3 dealer(machine gun dealer) that I know has a factory Beretta built selective fire 92F that looks somewhat like the Dolphin.

So, I don't really know for sure that the Dolphin didn't exist, but I know that they make something simular to it...

It appears that Marushin did re-produce the Browning Hi-Powers not that long ago but not in centerfire and in HW.

I wouldn't mind buying a Hi Power kit as I don't have on but, I am more interested in the full-auto feature in the Dolphin..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem   Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beretta M9 Dolphin Cocking Problem
Page 1 of 1