MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gbmickey

Number of posts : 39
Location / Country : Spain
Registration date : 2011-02-25

MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem Empty
PostSubject: MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem   MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:22 am

Hi there! As tittle says, I own a MGC M9 Beretta... I bought it about 4 months ago so it is brand new... Everything's ok with the gun... It just has this little problem and it happens since i took it out of the box the first day. I load the gun and pull the trigger and it works perfectly, but when i'm going to fire the next shot sometimes it takes more than one trigger pull to fire... I don't know if im explaining myself... What i mean is, first shot: ok, then i pull the trigger and nothing happens, so i pull the trigger again and it may fire or not, then i pull it again and it fires normally... I haven't been able to fire more than 4 shots in a row... Why's that? Maybe the firing pin doesn't hit the end of the cartridge well?? I hope Im not bothering you guys too much with my questions...Thanks a million!
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem   MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:51 am

If mechanism works correctly (when you pull trigger hammer falls and pushes internals), it could be bad caps. It seems that from time to time there is more than a few bad caps in a box, and more than one hit are required to fire it off. Sometimes caps do not go off, even if they are completely crushed :-(

Another possible explanation might be that either mechanism or insides of the cartridge are dirty and extra friction prevents cap from getting enough push to explode.
Back to top Go down
Gbmickey

PostSubject: Re: MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem   MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Hey Smootik! Thanks for your help... I've double checked everything you said... Mechanism works great, everything is clean and well oiled and there's nothing wrong with the caps... I use the same ones on my Thompson and they fire off on the first hit... Don't know what's wrong with it... Maybe the firing pin doesn't hit the base of the cartridge the way it is supposed to?
Back to top Go down
Gbmickey

PostSubject: Re: MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem   MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:37 pm

Maybe I'm not using the correct caps? I use MGC and Marushin 7mm caps...
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem   MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Caps are correct type for this Beretta, no problem with that.
If they work in Thompson, then they are not too bad either :-)

Sometimes small difference in mechanism strength causes no detonation, I guess Thompson is using much more force to detonate a cap (it's open bolt slams very strong).

At the moment I don't have more ideas, maybe others will comment.
Back to top Go down
Gbmickey

PostSubject: Re: MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem   MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Thanks anyway :-) I'll look into the matter and I'll keep trying and trying until I get something...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem   MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:45 am

Hi gbmickey,

I haven't fired a MGC M9 but one thing to look out for when it miss-fires is an air lock in the cartridge itself.

When I load MGC rounds (especially in small guns) I push the piston down (gently) so it contacts the cap or is very near it because the trapped air in-between the cap and the piston can cause the two not to strike with enough force.

https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t401-air-lock-in-cartridges

Hope this helps

8ace
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem   MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:27 pm

copy what 8ace said. Sounds like a cartridge issue.
Back to top Go down
Gbmickey

PostSubject: Re: MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem   MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:55 pm

Hey! Thank you so much for your help guys :-) I'm pretty sure it is a cartridge issue too, I will do what you say. I'll let you know what happens after that. (fingers crossed!)
Back to top Go down
Gbmickey

PostSubject: Re: MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem   MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:34 pm

I gave it another shot (literally) same problem again... The hammer has to hit twice to fire off the cap... I've double checked everything, the position of the cap, the oil... I had to pull the trigger twice to fire each shot... Maybe 1 shot disposable cartridges would work better? Can anyone tell me where can I get them? Thanks:-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem   MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC M9 BERETTA Firing problem
Page 1 of 1