MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin Beretta M84 Problem

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin Beretta M84 Problem Empty
PostSubject: Marushin Beretta M84 Problem   Marushin Beretta M84 Problem Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by pydracor

First of all, hello everyone!
I'm really glad I found this forum, getting information about modelguns really ain't easy Smile
Some months ago a friend of mine played around with my Marushin Beretta M84 (and I don't try to make excuses, it REALLY was a friend of mine, not me Wink ) and since then, pulling the trigger doesn't release the cocked hammer anymore. Double action doesn't work either. He said he heard something like a small part fall out, but we didn't find anything.
I contacted modelguncollector.co.uk and asked them about the problem. They suspected the pin that connects the trigger lever with the trigger to be broken, but that's not the case. The trigger lever (part 1 in the image below) still moves when I pull the trigger, but it doesn't move far enough to release part 2, so that the hammer hits down.
Their next guess was, that the trigger lever is damaged, that some part has broken off and thus it doesn't release the hammer anymore. I ordered a new lever, but it looks exactly like the old one.
I suppose that there is some part missing under the rear part of the trigger lever. The reason why the double action doesn't work anymore, is that the lever is too low to catch the hammer, and would it move forward in a higher position it would reach the little latch of part 2 and thus release it.

Marushin Beretta M84 Problem BerettaM84Broken

Maybe someone had a similar problem with his Beretta, I hope anyone has an idea, what I could do to repair the gun.
Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Beretta M84 Problem   Marushin Beretta M84 Problem Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by Claymore

could be a number of things, hammer sring tension, position of the hammer and of course what mg suggested, is it possible to pill the trigger slowly while the gun is stripped (and everything not springing out) to see what is not being caught, it sounds like the hammer is not in the right position to me.
I dont have any exploded diagrams for the gun so i dont know what the internal workings are like, but i had a blank firer that had the same problem, it needed a new spring and getting the hammer positioned correctly so that first the bar would push it back and second so it would release smoothly was difficult, so that could be the problem but firing while its stripped will help to see whats going on.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Beretta M84 Problem   Marushin Beretta M84 Problem Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by pydracor

Claymore:

Yes, it's possible to pull the trigger in the current disasembled condition. It makes the triggerlever move forward and that lever should:
- Catch a lug on the hammer, when the hammer is not cocked
- Push against part 2, which releases the hammer, when the hammer is cocked.

The problem is: Firstly, the triggerlever is too low to catch the lug on the hammer. I'm pretty sure, that the hammer is sitting in the right position, it looks correct, when the slide is attached, and when I release it, it hits down onto the bolt in the right place.
Secondly, the triggerlever doesn't move forward far enough to push part 2 forward, even though the trigger is pulled back completely.

It would be a great help if anyone who owns this gun could remove the right grip (just 2 screws) and make a foto like the one I posted Marushin Beretta M84 Problem Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Beretta M84 Problem   Marushin Beretta M84 Problem Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by John

Hi Pydracor, welcome to the Forum.
Here is my M84.

Marushin Beretta M84 Problem Marushin_m84_inside

Yes, I also agree that your trigger lever (Part 1) looks a bit low, ~1mm. But I'm not sure if it is the cause of the problem.
BTW, do you put the magazine into the frame when testing the pull of trigger? I noticed that if I take out the magazine, the first pull of double action still works. But the second & subsequent pulls of double action does not work. The single action does still work. I'm not sure if the real one also behaves the same as I never touch any real handgun!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Beretta M84 Problem   Marushin Beretta M84 Problem Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Claymore

Well looking at the 2 pics it looks like your spring has come out of position and what John says about the mag sounds good to
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Beretta M84 Problem   Marushin Beretta M84 Problem Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by pydracor

Thanks a lot for the foto John! I agree with your doubts about the too low triggerlever being the problem... that 1 mm would never make a difference... I don't think, the spring is the cause claymore (if you mean the spring pulling down the triggerlever that is Marushin Beretta M84 Problem Icon_smile ), when the gun is disassembled, it always moves a bit. I have held it in place when trying to "fire".

My guess is, that part 2 is in the wrong position in my Beretta... it's closer to the triggerlever in John's Beretta. I will check on that tomorrow and post, if I found out anything.

Thanks for the help guys! Marushin Beretta M84 Problem Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Beretta M84 Problem   Marushin Beretta M84 Problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin Beretta M84 Problem
Page 1 of 1