MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MP40 Assembly Problem

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MP40 Assembly Problem Empty
PostSubject: MP40 Assembly Problem   MP40 Assembly Problem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:37 am

Post by Tancor

Hi all,

I've found myself stuck on one issue, and another couple of things I think I'm *supposed* to do, so anyone with the MP40 kit, please feel free to reply to this...

Things I think I'm *supposed* to do. In the manual, on Page 7 step 14 there are two pieces of plastic in the receiver unit, I think I'm supposed to cut them out, but I wanted to check before I did it.

On that same page, step 15 it shows mounting the rear sight, well the site pops on, but just as easily if not more so pops off, so I'm probably going to use some glue to secure the frame the moveable site slides into, jjust wondered if anyone else experienced this.

problem issue: On page 8, it shows the insertion of a metal bar into the barrel all the way until it reaches a groove that it fits in, I can't seem to get the bar to go that far in - it's rather stuck and I know I need to get it to go in farther for the other part to fit in properly - any tips on dealing with that? it almost looks like it might imply a cut should be made, but maybe I'm just wrong, I don't know.

-Tony
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MP40 Assembly Problem   MP40 Assembly Problem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:38 am

Post by Mark

Hi Tony,

On page 7 step14 Yes, cut the pieces out they are just casting stays..

Step 15 the rear sight assy, the base and the leaf assy are held in place with the small flat spring part #28 no glue is required...

Ok, page 8 the metal bar is supposed to be very tight as it is not supposed to be removed after it is installed and it is the chamber stop so, if you cut it you could have some problems later.

The chamber has to fit flush into the barrel after the metal barrel block is installed...(As far as I know, this is the only modelgun kit or otherwise that you are responsable for installing the barrel block)
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MP40 Assembly Problem   MP40 Assembly Problem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Tancor

Hi Mark,

Any suggestions as to how to push that metal bar in? It feels like its stuck, and it's still too shallow in the barrel, I'm nervous about hammering it in as I would need to place the tip of the barrel on a firm surface and I don't want to break it. I've been pushing it in with a flat head screwdriver perpindicular to the bar... They make it look in the pictures like it should be a walk in the park... just slide it in and you're done.

-Tony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MP40 Assembly Problem   MP40 Assembly Problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MP40 Assembly Problem
Page 1 of 1