MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC M1911 Broken Ejector

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC M1911 Broken Ejector Empty
PostSubject: MGC M1911 Broken Ejector   MGC M1911 Broken Ejector Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by kevin

Hi fella's the ejector pin has just broken or perhaps worn away after fireing about 25 shots MGC M1911 Broken Ejector Icon_sad as it is made of dicast metal or mazac it can't stand up to the stress of lugging back those brass 45 cartridges or is this just bad luck? can they be up graded to steel or is there any supplier in the uk that can supply repacements? has anyone fettled a replica ejector themselves and got the thing to work again.
by the way the gun is an mgc M1911 meu pistol.
Keeping my fingers crossed some of you more experieced guys can be of help.
Regards kevin.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC M1911 Broken Ejector   MGC M1911 Broken Ejector Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by Claymore

Hi Kevin, i to have had this problem with a Kimber 45, 2 have broke in fact and as to why, well i have no idea. Did you get a jam before it broke, is the ejector moving freely.
All is not lost new ejectors are available and easy to replace, the 2 sellers in this country would be able to help, or francky who i have no doubt would be able to source a spare.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC M1911 Broken Ejector   MGC M1911 Broken Ejector Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by Kevin

Hello Claymore,Thanks for your reply.You wont believe this but a good friend of mine has made a new ejector pin for me this morning out of a 7mm COACH BOLT from B&Q MGC M1911 Broken Ejector Icon_eek ALL BY FREEHAND.It took him 3 1/2 hrs no mistakes made.fine fettled with hand files and micrometers.
I could'nt believe my eyes as it took shape.After the assembly of the weapon the big test came.A mag was loaded up and 5 shots were pumped out rapidly,it worked perfectly.now i've got real steel in the slide!
My pal is also pleased with the job too.Perhaps he will be willing to help out others with the impossible MGC M1911 Broken Ejector Icon_biggrin
Regards Kevin.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC M1911 Broken Ejector   MGC M1911 Broken Ejector Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:41 pm

Post by Claymore

Excellent, glad your mate could help you out, he could a good profit on those bolts by knocking out a few ejectors to those of use with 45's. MGC M1911 Broken Ejector Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC M1911 Broken Ejector   MGC M1911 Broken Ejector Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC M1911 Broken Ejector
Page 1 of 1