MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin M1911 slide Broken

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Marushin M1911 slide Broken Empty
PostSubject: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:25 pm

****Originally posted by october****

a small piece on the back of the slide of my marushin m1911 broke off the other day. (mark, you already know :wink:) and i have been e-mailing around to try to find a new one... here is the quote from endoshoji:

Basic charge of special order:

Replacement parts/ MS m1911a1 slidex 1 =US$45
Japan local Tax 5% =US$2
Shipping =US$10(JP domastic mail)
Shipping =US$15(EMS express mail)
Service charge x1 =US$20

Total amount: USD92

that seems kinda crazy to me, cause for like another 40 or 50 bucks i could get a whole new gun!?

does anyone know where i could get one, it is a heavy weight, and all i want is just a replacement slide...

uncompany does not carry it.
redwolf does not carry it.
endo wants a hundred bucks.
haven't got a response from den trinity

Marushin M1911 slide Broken Broke2
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:25 pm

****Originally posted by claymore****

www.modelguncollector.co.uk might be able to help but i doubt they would be any cheaper in fact £ to $ probably cost more but i can not think of anywhere else you will get one from.

I have been fortunate with the cost of my spares (and i have needed a lot) as my supplier has kept the price down well, unfortunatly he will only sell you bits if you have bought from him.

I think you will just have to bite the bullet and buy the spare slide, look on it as saving $40 rather than spending $90.

You coud try fixing it there are some good bonding agents out these days, i have used one for my MGC automag bolt it seems strong but i have not tried to fire it yet.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:26 pm

****Originally posted by mark****

Yes, that is what I thought..It's really hard to get spare/repair parts for modelguns as most sellers want only to deal with modelgun/airsoft gun sales not parts and accessorys.

You might try the repair suggestions that I had discussed whith you earlier to try to repair the damaged slide.

You might try www.mgcollector.com for parts they seem to carry a good selection.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:26 pm

ok, i got another quote, this time from model gun collector.

$113 shipped from U.K.

(endo's was $92 shipped from japan)
(still never heard back from den trinity regarding this)

seems like i would rather buy another gun for that much money...

the gun seems to function fine, it's just a cosmetic thing.
i have tried to glue the piece back on a few times w/ super glue, and though it is real strong and seems like it will hold, as soon as i fire it the piece just flies off like it's not even glued on. any suggestions? what about 5 min. epoxy? i need to find something strong to glue it back on with, so it will never come off again...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Hi october, did you try the ABS/PVC glue? If The super glue and the ABS/PVC glue doesn't work then yes, I would try the epoxy just make sure that everything is silicone free.....

The prices for modelgun replacement parts are crazy aren't they? I hope to correct that situation.

The piece doesn't want to stay on due to a poor bond and the zinc crystalline structure. So, when the slide recoils, the piece separates from the slide.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:27 pm

mark, when you mention abs / pvc glue are you talking about the cement for pvc pipes? (cement and primer?) or are you talking something different? also have you (or anyone) had any success with gluing these guns?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:27 pm

I have used Bison epoxy resin for metal on my MGC automag bolt. I have not fired the gun yet so have no idea if it will work but will be trying it soon and will let you know.
This stuff takes a while to set but it does set very hard best glue i have tried so far but wether it will take the stress of firing? dont know.

This is probably called something different in the states its made in holland so maybe you wont have it.

I need to drill a small hole in the resin before i put it back on the gun and try, will let you know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:28 pm

Yep, that's what I am refering to(I just couldn't remember what they called it..) I have had to repair some cracks in modelgun frames before and a rear sight on a Hudson M3A1 of course, I haven't repaired any HW models yet and I don't know if the zinc content of the ABS will interfere with the bond or not.

So, I am not 100% on the fix but, it's worth the try..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:28 pm

man, now i'm getting discouraged...

i've tried gluing it a couple of times w/ superglue.
tried 5 min. epoxy.
and also tried pvc cement.
and nothing will stick it. with the superglue it seems like it will hold, you can even rack the slide, lock it and release it. but, as soon as i fire a cap in it, the thing just comes off.

now the other side is cracking in the same way, and is about to come off.
is this normal with model guns? is it the heavy weight material? i want to buy more guns, although this is kinda scaring me.

i didnt want to spend $100 on a new slide, if i could glue it, but it seems i cannot glue it, and now the other side is broken... so i guess i have to order a new slide now, w/ money i would have used on another gun...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi october,

No, that is not typical of modelguns..Although, I haven't fired very many of the HW versions as I only have a few.

I have fired several modelguns for some time now and I have no breakage problems(I have had other problems but no breakage-yet)

That is a bummer to say the least!! Don't shoot it any more as you can loose parts or?

You might send me the slide and I can possibly fix it for you...

I am still trying to secure a source for modelgun parts as you situation scares me as I might have to do the same looking around to accquire spare parts..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:29 pm

october, i have to be king of broken modelguns. I have had to send a lot of mine back to my supplier for repair and have ordered many spares.

To date this has gone wrong:-

1. Ingram barrel broke, 3 times on me and on the final break the bolt also fell apart. That was my first modelgun and it cost about $450 so i was not impressed but bite the bullet hoping it would go right. My supplier was great all bits replaced for free.
Now the gun works great and no more probs.

2. Hudson Thompson ejecter broke after about 10 rounds and it was a brand new gun. Now fixed but have not fired it much.

3. Beretta 93R firing pin came loose and had to be replaced then the barrel broke. Both repaired but would not fire 3rd burst so had to get new slide. again now works great.

4. Chrome barrels for MGC 45's keep breaking and last time it also took out the ejector of my Kimber. Going to replace chrome barrel for black and cross fingers.

5. The metal piece in the d/eagle that looks like the rotary bolt, hold the ejector etc has broke on both my 50 and 44. Awaiting replacements.

6. USP barrels 3 so far and when the barrel collapsed it jammed into the slide and put split's in the top so new slide also needed.

7. MGC automag bolt ejector on my 4th so far. It is vey weak around where the pin goes through the bolt and holds the ejector claw in place, its a very thin bit of abs and cracks afeter a few rounds, well at least for me.
Now to scared to fire it anymore.

So as you can see i have had enough problems to scare you off modelguns forever but i still buy them. Well even though some take a couple of repair's to fix they then work very well. I also have many other models that never give any problems at all and i get a lot of fun firing them.

I think it is just a part of the hobby we have to accept, unfortunatly like me it has been your first model which makes you very uncertain about buying anymore. I also have the marushin and it is one of my best guns.

So dont be discouraged .
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:30 pm

man, that's rough, claymore... i guess it wouldnt bother me so much if the guns werent so much money, or the parts were more readily available/less expensive. i tried gluing the pieces again, this time using a "plastics" epoxy, specifically for pvc, abs, plastics etc. first shot, both pieces blew right off. i guess i'm pretty much convinced that the heavy weight abs cannot be glued. again the price of a replacement slide is haunting me. after some more thought, i am thinking about just "replacing" the gun itself as it seems to be more cost effective. i will just have to chalk my first model gun up as an extra mag, extra rounds, and a "parts gun"... it's too bad we couldnt locate a parts supplier, that was reasonably priced, especially with our japanese friends such as probelx. i am not scared away yet, like you said, they are too much fun to just give up on.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:30 pm

well, forget what i said about a spare mag... that just came apart too.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:31 pm

Man october, talk about your bad luck! I have never had anywhere the problems that you have had so far! The magazine bottom can be welded back on the magazines are too hard to find otherwise to throw it away.

I suppose the magazine base spot welds failed due to constantly pulling the magazine out by the base plate.

Well, that is an expensive introduction to modelguns isn't it? I hope that you have better luck in the future!

It looks like I am going to have to shoot my Marushin HW combat commander some more to see if it will break like yours and see if that is a normal Marushin HW modelgun problem.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:31 pm

Believe me october with the problems i have had it has made me think twice at times but i have enough models that work so well i realize why i like modelguns so much.

I think you got the monday morning gun there one thing that has not gone on me is a mag. What about sending the gun back postal charges cannot be as bad as replacing the gun.

I wonder if these heavyweight guns are a good idea at times as they do seem very brittle maybe standard plastic whislt not as heavy would actually put up with the stress of firng far better than HW guns.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:32 pm

****Originally posted by john****

In contrast, I always prefer the Heavy Weight to ABS as I cannot fire in HK anyway. I even love the MGC Super Heavy Weight versions so much. They give me very real metal feeling, cold and heavy.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:32 pm

yeah, John i prefer the HW guns but when they put this zinc powder in, it does seem to weaken the gun and these modelguns have a lot of power in them considering how small the cap is. By that i mean that the slide really gets blown back with some force and the rounds also get ejected forcefully, far more so that than airsoft GBB's.

Of course if they were all full metal like the automag or 712 then these problems would disapear. but then no smoke or flash out of the barrel
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

John, I thought that the Hwa San's had plastic barrels or was that just on special models? Also, john, does your M9 Beretta have the cap style cartridges? or just dummy cartridges?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:33 pm

****Originally posted by probelx****

Hi John
Hwa San full metal pistol?
In Japan, the metal model gun which a barrel can divide is illegal. Therefore, I am worried about those models.
It is only a long thing or a barrel and an on earth receiver-shaped model that a product made in metal is admitted in Japan. (for example, M712,AutoMAG,P08).
Therefore, I can produce 45Auto, Glock, USP only with plastic.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi,

My Hwa San M9, TT-33 is full metal including the barrel. But my M1911 has plastic barrel with full metal body & slide.

It seems there is grey area and I heard that strictly speaking, the modelgun (with metal barrel if not fully block) is not allowed to be sold legally here.

I also heard that the Hwa San metal modelgun is going to be banned in Taiwan due to the gun shot event during the president election in Spring 2004.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:37 pm

John,

They are going to ban the Hwa San metal modelguns? That is typical of the politicians anywhere in the world! When one person abuses the system, others have to pay for it...

I guess, that I had better buy the Haw San modelguns that I want now, not later!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:37 pm

I would buy a Hwa San models but getting rounds is not possible over here. Now you say they are going to ban them, Bloody hell i am so fed up with hearing that word.

You know since the last ban over here gun related incidents have gone up over 50% and still rising, anyway may have to buy some Hwa san's now before thye become a memory.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:38 pm

****Originally posted by illuminati****

Always the case claymore, if weed was legal there'd probably be less people smoking it due to it not being "wrong" anymore. As soon as something goes illegal it only makes people want it more and go to longer lengths to get a hold of the illegal items.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:39 pm

Even if not completely banned the production, the Haw San may only produce the plastic barrel and even slide. No more 100% full metal semi-auto modelgun pistol.

I also think they may still produce but the local Taiwan market will be very much diminished. They only try very limited export production. If compared to Japanese modelgun, the Taiwan plastic modelgun is nowhere close to compete. And eventually, the business may just die away, naturally.

I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M1911 slide Broken   Marushin M1911 slide Broken Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin M1911 slide Broken
Page 1 of 1