MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help in identifying something attached to my mgc MP40

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Planejack737

Number of posts : 32
Location / Country : Chicagoland USA
Registration date : 2021-11-25

Help in identifying something attached to my mgc MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Help in identifying something attached to my mgc MP40   Help in identifying something attached to my mgc MP40 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2021 12:46 am

Hello, well…I have a new (To me) mgc MP40 model gun. As I announced in a previous thread..I was able to purchase this from an estate type sale. Anyway, it is an early (0937 on the left side of barrel) version I believe, and needs a little TLC with some oil and 0000 Steel Wool to remove a bit of surface rust. Upon removing the barrel I noticed that it has the old style firing pin. It also has something on the underside of its receiver tube that I haven’t noticed mentioned before. The underside has a round hole rearward of the magazine well, and forward of the oval cutout for the sear. Now, the unique thing that is not on all the other MGC MP40’s that I’ve seen, is a small additional metal plate (Also with a hole drilled through) that is spot welded onto the tube where this hole is. It’s as if it’s a re-enforcement type plate to enhance the structural integrity around this hole…..but why?

Jack
Back to top Go down

Help in identifying something attached to my mgc MP40
Page 1 of 1