MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Australian Film in Perth needs guns

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
waveman48

Number of posts : 4
Location / Country : perth western australia
Registration date : 2011-10-15

Australian Film in Perth needs guns Empty
PostSubject: Australian Film in Perth needs guns   Australian Film in Perth needs guns Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:06 am

Australian Film in Perth needs guns Small_12

Hi I am producing a low budget short war film set in Somalia and am chasing some model guns. I need 4 glocks, two AK47s and maybe a Dushka. Does anyone have any advice besides purchasing from Wellington Surplus.
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Australian Film in Perth needs guns   Australian Film in Perth needs guns Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:03 pm

I have posted your info in a local Aussie forum, and am waiting on replies.
http://www.grantsmilitaria.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=8&TopicID=4091&PagePosition=1&ThreadPage=1

Also, you might like to contact WA Arms and Armour, as there are a few members there who could possibly help out with some deactivated guns.
http://www.waarmsandarmour.com/
Back to top Go down
waveman48

PostSubject: Re: Australian Film in Perth needs guns   Australian Film in Perth needs guns Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:29 am

@ozguns
Thanks for your help, I saw your post on the local forum... nothing fishy here! I have an armourer in case anyone was interested, although it's not a requirement unless we are blank firing, and we aren't (thanks to modern cg).

Anyway, thanks again. I am sure we will find what we need, even if it means purchasing a denix.

skinnyland
Back to top Go down
waveman48

PostSubject: film guns   Australian Film in Perth needs guns Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:36 am

Oh and I have also contacted http://www.waarmsandarmour.com/ and am awaiting a reply. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Australian Film in Perth needs guns   Australian Film in Perth needs guns Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:41 am

I was hoping to get some decent replies on the local Aussie forum, as there are quite a few members there from WA.

The problem is that replica guns in WA can be a little "iffy" because of the uncertainty of our laws, and there is every chance that they could be confiscated if they were seen in public, even if it was for a movie.
I will stir the pot and bring that topic over there to the top again. Smile
Back to top Go down
waveman48

PostSubject: australian film needs guns   Australian Film in Perth needs guns Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 12:43 pm

Laughing Western Australia's legal system is iffy at the best of times. I grew up in NZ before the Aramoana and Port Arthur tragedy's and have fond memories of my old man's M1 Carbine and Ak47. I even got my own semi auto .22 Mossberg rifle at age 16.

Now I can't even get a bloody replica!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Australian Film in Perth needs guns   Australian Film in Perth needs guns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Australian Film in Perth needs guns
Page 1 of 1