MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KSC Beretta M93R Broken Firing Pin...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11074
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

KSC Beretta M93R Broken Firing Pin... Empty
PostSubject: KSC Beretta M93R Broken Firing Pin...   KSC Beretta M93R Broken Firing Pin... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:06 am

Taken from e-mail by trevinator13...

thought this may be an opportune moment to look over my Model Guns. On the last shoot my KSC M93R (which has worked brilliantly up to this point) stopped working. I noticed a tiny black “dowel shaped” piece come from the breech. After closer inspection it looks like the firing pin broke. I never dry-fired the gun, or dropped it…it looks like it just “decided to break”. Is there any way to fix this, without ordering a whole new slide? I asked Francky for a new slide months ago (for a spare in case something happened) but he said they are no longer in production and impossible for him to find (he did find a heavyweight version, but mine is ABS Plastic)

Anyway----do you have any experience with this problem, and fixing the firing pin?

Thanks for the help---

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: KSC Beretta M93R Broken Firing Pin...   KSC Beretta M93R Broken Firing Pin... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:08 am

Ah yes, the KSC Beretta is known for breaking it's firing pin but all's not lost. Take a look at this...

https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-problems-f5/ksc-beretta-m93r-firing-pin-t157.htm

Given some time, patience and a little luck, you might just be able to repair it. (Let's hope so). My Marushin Beretta M9 broke it's firing block in two soon after I bought it. The box states it's ABS, but I bought a couple of HW slides off Francky which have fitted just fine.
If Francky can confirm that the HW KSC clide is the same dimensionally as yours I can't foresee any problems fittng one really.... unless someone else knows of a potential problem KSC Beretta M93R Broken Firing Pin... Icon_question

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: KSC Beretta M93R Broken Firing Pin...   KSC Beretta M93R Broken Firing Pin... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:19 pm

Trevinator's been advised that a HW slide may be just too heavy for his abs model. Until suchtime an abs slide becomes available (IF) he's left with a model in need of repair.

If anyone can possibly help him out with a good condition abs slide or can make / repair a firing pin for him, could they contact him by PM or e-Mail please KSC Beretta M93R Broken Firing Pin... Icon_question

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KSC Beretta M93R Broken Firing Pin...   KSC Beretta M93R Broken Firing Pin... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KSC Beretta M93R Broken Firing Pin...
Page 1 of 1