MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion Empty
PostSubject: Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion   Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:22 pm

I got me a Hudson Vz61 Scorpion. It is a nice and heavy model, but the finish is a little rough and coarse. Anyway it is said that an Eastern bloc military weapon is no Colt AR-15.

The model came with a part I do not know where it belongs. The Hudson manual is a shame, it is just a small exploded diagram.

Can anybody tell me where to put this part?

Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion HudsonScorpion
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion   Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:55 pm

Hi,
Sorry no picture, still need to sort that out! but will attempt to talk you throughits location!

On the underside of the gun next to the trigger gard you will see a small slot near the screw that holds the trigger guard in place, the "double bent tab" on the part you show goes in here first, then you push the two remaining bent tabs upwards towards the top of the gun, this will allow the remaining single bent tab to "clip into the slot on the right hand side of the action above the first slot "but on the side this time. It is only there to prevent the BIG pin (part 13 on the parts diagram) from falling out of the right side of the action (pin does not show on left side). Will PM you a photo in 5 mins!

Last edited by JohnnyV on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion   Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:12 pm

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion   Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:13 am

Thank you so much, mate!
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion   Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:25 pm

Mate,

You properly described how Hudson modelgun really is.

- the finish is a little rough
- The model came with a part I do not know where it belongs
- The Hudson manual is a shame
- just a small exploded diagram

I would add
Your friend will talk to you over your shoulder while you are puzzleed with poor firing performnace:
"well, it's Hudson, you knew it mate!"

I tried to described where the parts should be attached, but thanks for the photo by JohnnyV

I would have bought Vz61 if it were closed bolt firing....could not stand Vz in open bolt for me.

shaz,
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion   Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:41 pm

Thank you! I put the part into the right place, but it kept falling off as soon as the bolt moved forwared, so I had to bend it a little. All looks okay now.
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion   Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:53 pm

I noticed the supplied carts are missing the rubber o-rings. Does anyone know if they can be bought seperatly? They look smaller then MGC o-rings though.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

PostSubject: Scorpion Carts / o rings   Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi Mike,
The o-rings blow of and split after no more than 3 shots anyway:) I thought about getting some more but thought it was a waste of time given their poor performance.....the standard carts / o-rings do not work well and the blowback force is a bit random???
Anyway decided to mod the piston to use better quality o-rings and the mod also gives the benefit that the new o-rings last and the blowback force is significantly better.
Now that the mod is final I am waiting for an order for a bulk qty of the o-rings to come in, could still be a couple more weeks though.
If your interested, and can wait I will have more news / prices in 2-3 weeks.
Please note, even with good blowback mine still refuses to fire more than 3 shots without jamming:) Still working on that though!!
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion   Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:29 pm

Vote "fore" to JohnnyV.
Madmike, don't bother getting replacement part of low quality part.

S
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion   Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:45 pm

'Mike

Could be worth contacting www.altecweb.com too, I've been using their nitrile 0-rings as replacements for MGC 7mm for years without problems.

The MGC 7mm replacements are Ref No. ORN-BS006

I've bought 5mm rings off them too in the past.

They supply an enormous range of sizes so if Hudson's Vz61 rings differ from MGC 7 & 5mm
they should be able to find something suitable.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion   Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:54 pm

JohnnyV wrote:
Anyway decided to mod the piston to use better quality o-rings and the mod also gives the benefit that the new o-rings last and the blowback force is significantly better.
Now that the mod is final I am waiting for an order for a bulk qty of the o-rings to come in, could still be a couple more weeks though.
Any update on performance of modified cartridges? :-)
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion   Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:40 pm

Hi Mate!!
Forgot about this posting Embarassed

Been wrestling with my own Hudson Scorpion off and on when I have the time..... now that is a s*"t cartridge design!!

however I now have it very nearly sused.. got it firing fine on semi and consistent bursts of 3 shots on auto LOL , have found a way to get the carts to blowback fine and stopped the cart bottoms from mushrooming. Ejection during auto is the problem, such a small upwards ejection port and very very high ROF to fight against!! recently dremmeled out the inside of the bolt to increase ejection port size and that seems to have helped a little.
So many mods so far!! extractor, ejector, bolt, mag, O and while i was thinking about getting it firing I have converted it to forward venting which is working very well.
It will definitely be one for the forum when finished!! will need a video to show it working!!
Its just a case of finding the time to finish it.... will try to post up some pics in the next week or two of work in progress!!

Re the O-rings, send me a PM and I will send you over a set of modified cartridge inners with new custom o-rings and instructions on their use!!
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion   Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:39 pm

Thank you for update :-)

Please do post pictures - even if it is work in progress, it's interesting for me (and for others I guess) to see them :-)

I got a fresh batch of 5mm caps, so I will begin my own struggle with vz61 to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion   Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problem with Hudson Vz61 Scorpion
Page 1 of 1