MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

mgc68 MP40 value.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hess168
hess168

Number of posts : 4
Location / Country : CA, USA
Registration date : 2009-10-03

mgc68 MP40 value. Empty
PostSubject: mgc68 MP40 value.   mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:28 am

I was wondering what the value is of a mgc68 MP40 in near new condition in the box. This one came from Collector's Armoury in the early 90's in a plain, unprinted box with no instructions. I bought it to use as a prop for an Waffen SS combat uniform display, but mostly it was stored in it's box. It has the original magazine and a leather sling has been added, which is marked "MP 40".

I really don't know much about this gun, and I found this site while researching my gun. I'm considering selling this and my dummy MG34 to make ends meet. Any comments, suggestions, info or pleas not to sell are welcomed. Thanks, Ted[img]mgc68 MP40 value. Dsc00011[/img]
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain
Registration date : 2008-09-07

mgc68 MP40 value. Empty
PostSubject: Re: mgc68 MP40 value.   mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:48 am

Hi Ted and welcome to the forum

Value is tricky as something is really only worth what you can persuade someone to pay for it .

In the UK these are worth slightly more than in the US ( partly because UK re-enactors can have them made to fire 9mm blank .)

That said however I recently saw a printed box type ( almost as nice as yours ) sell at $700 in the UK and it was the earlier type with steel recoil tubes and uncut bolt.

An unmarked type box really has no particular value in my own mind

Ebay.us will be your best option

hope this helps

DOC
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

mgc68 MP40 value. Empty
PostSubject: Re: mgc68 MP40 value.   mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:04 am

Hi Ted - and welcome to the forum!

MGC MP40 is one of quite rare and relatively expensive replicas - it's made of metal instead of ABS plastic.
Prices I have seen depend on price and condition. Yours seems to be in excellent state and has original box. Of course it all finally depends on finding a buyer who would pay the sum ;-)

Anyway: in past I've seen MGC MP40 prices in Europe range from ~1000 USD (good shape) to ~1300 USD (unfired in original box).

In USA there was an auction on Gunbroker.com where (slightly rusty) MGC MP40 was sold for initial 400USD ("buy now" was 500 USD) to the sole bidder:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=135878146

I hope this gives you some idea for starters Smile
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

mgc68 MP40 value. Empty
PostSubject: Re: mgc68 MP40 value.   mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:59 am

Welcome to the forums Ted,

A cap firing version of MGC's MP40 would probably be worth more than the non-firer but whichever version you have will be worth at least $500 if it's in immaculate condition.

There's an immaculate, boxed(printed), complete example of a cap firer on http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=141798461 now, asking price $2,152 mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_eek

I don't think I've yet seen one that expensive before, $1200 - £1300 is about the highest I've seen

E-Bay and Gunbroker are worth checking to get an idea of asking prices

Once you decide on a selling price for the MP40 and your MG34, you're more than welcome to post them up here on the For Sale category.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

mgc68 MP40 value. Empty
PostSubject: Re: mgc68 MP40 value.   mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 10:23 am

Cerwyn wrote:

There's an immaculate, boxed(printed), complete example of a cap firer on
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=141798461
now, asking price $2,152 mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_eek

This one is from Francky, he can probably let us know what is special in that model :-)
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

mgc68 MP40 value. Empty
PostSubject: Re: mgc68 MP40 value.   mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:14 pm

smootik wrote:
Cerwyn wrote:

This one is from Francky, he can probably let us know what is special in that model :-)

It has the original printed box ,gun in mint condition been converted to new type cartridges , original instruction sheet and more importantly the spanner is there ...id say thats why Very Happy

you dont see them that complete that often

DOC
Back to top Go down
hess168
hess168

mgc68 MP40 value. Empty
PostSubject: Re: mgc68 MP40 value.   mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:20 pm

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the comments and info. As I look at the photo, I wonder, do I really want to sell this?.......Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

mgc68 MP40 value. Empty
PostSubject: Re: mgc68 MP40 value.   mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:37 pm

DOC wrote:
smootik wrote:
Cerwyn wrote:

It has the original printed box ,gun in mint condition been converted to new type cartridges , original instruction sheet and more importantly the spanner is there ...id say thats why mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_biggrin

you dont see them that complete that often

DOC

How rare are the original spanners mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_question Just curious really because I've got one mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_biggrin

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

mgc68 MP40 value. Empty
PostSubject: Re: mgc68 MP40 value.   mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:08 pm

The spanners are pretty rare ....I`ve seen many many MGC MP40s and only ever two or three spanners .

To get the spanner ,orig box and instruction sheet is hard going .

All Franky`s is missing is the origininal unfired cartidges and box ( and he may have these )

DOC
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

mgc68 MP40 value. Empty
PostSubject: Re: mgc68 MP40 value.   mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 6:57 pm

I'm in Cal also Hess,

These are difficult to sell for much more than $500 - $700, I have a pristene example like yours - with the spring not the plunger recoil system - it's more about finding someone who knows what it is and really wants it, they may pay more and be happy.
I'm happy to ship mine to the UK, but they their own issues that make importing guns a bit risky.

But the recession coupled with the fact that there are so many MP40 replicas for anyone who is not dead set on the MGC version, and ours are not the collectors pieces they once were.

How much are you selling your dummy MG42 for?

Good luck,

JJ
Back to top Go down
hess168
hess168

mgc68 MP40 value. Empty
PostSubject: Re: mgc68 MP40 value.   mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:44 pm

Hi JJ,

I'm looking to get about $900 for it. It's a DOT 1943 in pretty good condition. It's all there with a sling and solid aluminum receiver. My understanding is these are getting really hard to find, even the parts sets are going for about $700 plus.

I live in San Jose, and there's a militaria show coming up at the Napredak Hall in SJ on Oct. 18. I will have both guns there to sell along with my FJ uniform and other items I need to unload to pay bills. If you live around that area, you may be interested in coming by.

Thanks again for your input.
Ted
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

mgc68 MP40 value. Empty
PostSubject: Re: mgc68 MP40 value.   mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:55 pm

pitfighter wrote:

These are difficult to sell for much more than $500 - $700, I have a pristene example like yours - with the spring not the plunger recoil system - it's more about finding someone who knows what it is and really wants it, they may pay more and be happy.
You can buy real guns over there, I guess it changes market prices a bit ;-)

Quote :
I'm happy to ship mine to the UK, but they their own issues that make importing guns a bit risky.
Unfortunately international shipping adds a lot to the price Mad For a heavy piece (MP40 is around 4kg/9lbs without packaging) it would be 75-80 USD for Express Mail International. Customs and taxes depend on country, it's 20-25% on price+shipping, so 700$ becomes 1000$ Shocked Due to that high cost I try to buy within EU to save on shipping, only import occasions or exotic items from Japan/US.
Import into UK is more tricky now with VCRA. Success (=delivery, not avoiding taxes) depends on how well you (both sender and receiver) know the procedures, not only for UK but also other countries, but it is definitely doable :-)
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

mgc68 MP40 value. Empty
PostSubject: Re: mgc68 MP40 value.   mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:48 pm

Thanks, that is a fair price for the MG.
I am in LA, so not too close to you, but good luck at the show!

If you really want to sell the MGC, I would choose gunbroker.com and set a reserve that you feel comfortable with.

There are plenty for sale for more than $700 but they rarely, if ever sell.

I have bought and sold to the UK, but every time I'm concerned about the material arriving - the last time was a Sterling I bought from gunbroker for a trusting member of this forum, I was really worried that it wouldn't make it to him, and I'd seem like a thief, it did make it. But, it's not much fun.

The Schoessler MP40's are the main reason you can't get great prices on these selling to reenactors anymore, I believe.

PPU - In Cal we cannot own machine guns or assault weapons, state law, it's a very anti-gun state, but I understand what you're saying. Certainly there is less interest in regular semi-autos which are usually cheaper to buy as real firearms here.
Back to top Go down
hess168
hess168

mgc68 MP40 value. Empty
PostSubject: Re: mgc68 MP40 value.   mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:16 pm

I'm going to put the table price at $500 and see what happens. It just so happens that our commie State Assembly just voted in favor of AB 962, which limits the sale of ammunition to 50 rounds, and with very restrictive procedures to obtain ammo. Our only chance is the Governator vetoes the bill.
This state's government is just wrong on almost all social issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

mgc68 MP40 value. Empty
PostSubject: Re: mgc68 MP40 value.   mgc68 MP40 value. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mgc68 MP40 value.
Page 1 of 1