MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Empty
PostSubject: Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08   Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:32 pm

****Originally posted by evil-kot****

Hi All,
I have recently bought a Marushin MP40. Despite of few glitches, it’s a great thing. Now I want Luger P08. (Yes, Mark, It IS addictive) I want that Luger to be cap firing, as my MP40, and I want it full-metal. I know, Marushin does cap firing P08, but they are made of plastic mostly. Any recommendations on full-metal cap-firing Luger P08 (if it exists)?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08   Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:32 pm

****Originally posted by claymore****

I think you will have to be satisfied with the ABS version, Marushin make a full metal luger but it is for dummy rounds only i think. No one to my knowledge makes a metal PFC luger.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08   Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:37 pm

****Originally posted by mark****

As far as I know, Marushin doesn't make a PFC firing Luger (ABS or not) only MGC made a ABS plastic 7mm cap firing modelgun..

It's actually too bad that Marushin doesn't make a all metal 7mm cap firing Luger I think that it would sell nicely.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08   Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:37 pm

Yes, my mistake, that was MGC.

Looks like there are no metal PFC things on market... Too bed...

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Actually, Marushin does offer the all zinc PFC firing Mauser M712!

I have been thinking that I need to buy one they are cool and they aren't too expensive and they are selective fire too which is allways cool to me..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08   Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:38 pm

O man, my wife will kill me...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08   Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:38 pm

Ah, the price isn't that bad! And, it's a cool modelgun and depending on where you buy it, it might be gold plated and your wife might think that it is pretty looking!

Besides the Marushin M712 is one of my favorites and is a great modelgun!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08   Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:39 pm

****Originally posted by illuminati****

Looks nice, cant say that im into old guns thought, im a bit of a modern-weapon kinda guy myself.

Sorry for goin a bit off topic, lol.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08   Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:39 pm

Ya, I am sorta that way too..But, I still like the older guns too..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

I’m into the German classic WWII guns (do not get me wrong, please), so the Mauser pistol doesn’t seem to me a classic enough at this point. Someday I’ll buy myself the Mauser K98 thing – Oooo man, can you believe that – full metal + wooden stock + cap firing. And you can install a real bayonet there. I absolutely do not like the price though. I protest it!

Mark, If you so much into guns, why wouldn’t you switch to real ones then? Blank firing stuff? Often, they are chipper then these models we are playing here.

Sorry, offtopic – Mark, you once mentioned that you had a chance to try a real MP40 in Las Vegas – what was that place? Once in a while I go to LV, so I’d like to try the MP40 too.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08   Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:40 pm

evil_kot,

Actually, the Mauser M712 was issued to some German troops during WW2, so, tecnicaly they are German classic WW2 guns..

As for the Mauser K98 you must be refering to the Tanaka K98 that's a really diferent modelgun and yes, they are expensive too!

Well, as far as the real "Blank firing" guns go, the 1. reason is, that you cannot buy a replica true blank firing machine gun of any type as they are considered to be real machineguns by the ATF! The modelguns are as close that we can get to full-auto other than buying a real machinegun..

Besides, I cannot fire an actual blank inside my house! Whereas, I can shoot a few caps in my house any time and my neighbors cannot hear them...

The store is the "Gun Store" on Tropicana Blvd. I don't have the exact address but that should be enough..

The last time I was there was in 1998, but they should still have the MP40.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08   Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:41 pm

Hi John,

Yes, the P38 is definately one of the best recognised German pistols besides the Luger.

The toggle action of the Luger is a classical design not many firearms use the toggle system.

The MGC Luger has a different internal system than the Marushin or the earlier all zinc MGC Luger as it uses a hammer where the Marushin and the real Luger uses a "striker" design that MGC must have thought was too hard to make work or it was too expensive.

And the MGC Luger (ABS) does use the smaller 5mm cartridges that I think are shared with the Sig P210 these are simular in size to the MGC .22 cartridges than the real 9mm cartridges.

The fact that the MGC Luger (ABS) used the smaller cartridges and was made out of ABS made me not want to buy one..

Yes, Marushin should re-work their Walther P38 and make it HW with center fire as the center fire system makes modelguns so much more realistic..

I don't think that Marushin will make an all metal P38 again but they might ...

The Chinese forces loved the M712 and they where the only country to use them effectively in combat! In fact, the Chinese, bought millions of the Mauser "broomhandle" pistols! They are indeed, very classic firearms and their appearance is un-mistakeable as being Mauser pistols!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08   Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:42 pm

Yes, I know, P38 was used more widely then P08, but I just like the design of P08 so much!

Guys – I’m still a newbie here – what is HW and what is side fire and centre fire systems?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08   Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:42 pm

Ok, HW=Heavy Weight this simply means the plastic type the modelgun(s) are made from. ABS is the light weight plastic it is used in 90% of plastic modelguns the manufacturers usually add weight to ABS modelguns by adding slabs of zinc or lead under the grips or in other places.

The Heavy Weight or HW is ABS plastic with the addition of zinc powder during casting. The resulting mix of zinc powder and ABS creates a heavy and cool to the touch plastic that adds to the realism of the modelgun.

Now, there are two types of firing pins, 1. the "side fire"type: this firing pin simply hits the cartridge off center near the cartridge rim and drives it forward to hit the detonator in the barrel. This is the older system and it works ok but it has some problems.

2. The "center fire"type: this firing pin hits the cartridge in the center. This is the newer type and is the best system.

These two types of firing pins use different types of cartridges the side fire cartridge is usually a 3 piece cartridge and the center fire is usually a 4-5 piece cartridge.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

****Originally posted by goldluger****

Hi Folks,

I´m new in this great forum and I´m collecting Marushin & MGC Modelguns since a few years.

And now here´s my first question to you!

Is there any chance to modify a Marushin all Metal P08 Luger Pistol(Dummy Cartridge) to use brass PFC´s with?

I have one of the Marushin "Reichsmarshall Hermann Goering Krieghoff Presentation Lugers" and it seems possible to use PFC´s with if you made some little modifications (if you put a detonator into the fireing chamber and use a Hammerbolt from a real P08 Luger and a less strong hammerspring)?

What do you guys think about it? Is it possible?

Maybe the zinc/alloy chamber is strong enough to fire 8 or 9mm P.A.K blanks, but I would not test it out by myself

Regards,

Oli

Sorry for my bad english, I´m located in cologne/germany and my latest english lesson in school was in 1998
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08   Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 pm

Hi Oli,

Welcome to the forums!

Your English is fine don't worry about it!

I don't truly know if converting the Maushin Luger is possible as I am sure that the chamber is designed in such a way to make the detonator difficult if not impossible to install.

I actually have thought about this conversion myself as I think that a PFC firing Luger would be cool!

Please, don't try the P.A.K. blanks!! Unless, you like wearing bits of zinc in your forehead!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08   Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 pm

Hi Mark,

Yeah, the 9mm PFC brass cartridges will fit into the chamber and clip of the P08 and you can also put an detonator into it and fix it. The only problem is the part with the hammerbolt to fire the gun.

I´ll try to get a hammerbolt from a real Luger to modify the dummy thing.

But I believe that the PFC´s are not strong enough to blow the slide and spring back to reload a new PFC into the chamber.

greetz,

Oli
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Oli, You would be suprised at the amount of power that the caps can supply if they are loaded properly and the cartridge is sealed well.

These modelguns require fairly weak springs and low friction to operate properly. Which PFC cartridges are you planning to try?

I don't think that you can put a real "striker" from a actual Luger in the Marushin's breach-block as Marushin designed their modelguns to prevent that type of parts "swaping" they probably have a hardened piece of steel blocking the firing pin (striker)hole that if you try to drill it out, you will destroy the breech-block.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08   Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:44 pm

Hi Mark,

I´m planing to try the 9mm PFC´s from the Smith&Wesson M39/M439 Pistols. The cartridges are fit well in the P08, so I believe it will work with these and some 7mm Marushin caps. (I hope that they are powerfull enough).

There is also a threaded hole at the end of the chamber where you can fix a detonator as well.

But first I must get a real 08 "striker". I have also divided the breach-block by pulling out that small piece of hardened steel (no problem). I hope only that a real P08 stricker fits into the breach-block. If not, there´s a lot of work to do (filing out the block)

greetz,

Oli
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08   Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:45 pm

Oli, I wish you luck on converting the Marushin! When loading the cartridges, be sure to use a light grease on the insides of the cartridge (not too much though) so the piston/cap assembly moves easily. The 7mm caps have plenty of power its the leakage of the gasses from the cartridge and the excessive friction/overly strong springs etc. That cause problems with "firing" the Marushin Luger or any modelgun for that matter....

The breach block/striker conversion sounds too easy..Marushin spent alot of time designing the all zinc modelguns to prevent the possible conversion over to live cartridges unless, Marushin was thinking that they would eventually make the Luger into a P.F.C. firing model like the M712.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08   Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pistol Maniacs, need your advice on P08
Page 1 of 1