MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hudson ak47

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

hudson ak47 Empty
PostSubject: hudson ak47   hudson ak47 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:45 pm

****Originally posted by jay851****

hi everyone
does anyone know if hudson made a non firing ak47 aswell as the p.f.c one?
the reason i ask is about 12 years ago a friend gave me an ak47 as it was a bit beat up and had several parts missing. well,i was up in the loft today getting something for the missus and i happened to stumble upon it.
it clearly has hudson along the side,the breach is blocked but looks like it has been done by someone other than the factory,as it looks like it can be unblocked quite easily. there is no magazine and parts of the trigger mechanism are missing aswell as the fire selecter and the extractor on the front of the bolt,but i'm sure i could get these parts somewhere.
what do you guys think, could this be a p.f.c modelgun just waiting to be restored .
does anyone know if there is a parts diagram for one of these.
any help much appreciated.

jay
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

hudson ak47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hudson ak47   hudson ak47 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:46 pm

****Originally posted by mark****

As far as I know, Hudson didn't make a non-cap firing model of the AK..However, some of the early imports into the U.S. sometimes had the barrels blocked as well as their bolts being cut to comply to some importation quota or something..

I think that you might try contacting one of your countrys modelgun suppliers they might be able to supply the missing parts..

Be careful to note that Hudson has changed the AK47 two times now from the original papercap version to the newest design with an improved magazine and other parts. They might also have other more desireable parts too, that will be better to accquire if you plan to "fire" it.

Is your free AK a underfolder or a fixed stock?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

hudson ak47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hudson ak47   hudson ak47 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:46 pm

hi mark
it is the full stock version. i have managed to unblock the breach and the end of the barrel just by banging out the steel inserts that someone put in there. i have also been to hudson's website and there are definately some differences between mine and their new one,like the bolt.theres no hole through the centre of my bolt for the firing pin,but a slot to the right hand side,it looks wierd and i'm not sure how it would work.i'll try and get some photo's up later and i'll send the guys at modelguncollector.co.uk an email to see what they think.
cheers
jay
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

hudson ak47 Empty

Jay, There shouldn't be any hole for a firing pin in your bolt..And the slot on the right hand side I think is for the ejector clearance but, it has been a while since I have had my Hudson AK. So, my memory of the internals in the Hudson AK is slightly "fuzzy"
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

hudson ak47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hudson ak47   hudson ak47 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:47 pm

well,the bolt that i have has a slot off centre all the way through it as if there should be something in there that the hammer hits at the back of the bolt, and pushes the cartridge onto a pin at the bottom of the breech.
is this how it works, because if it is i am missing the pin in the breech,as there is just a 2mm hole leading out into the open barrel.

cheers
jay
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

hudson ak47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hudson ak47   hudson ak47 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:47 pm

good news!
the guys at modelguncollector.co.uk have said they can get most parts for the hudson ak47 and also mailed me a parts diagram,so its looking promising. just one thing i would like to know,does the hudson ak vent smoke through the barrel as mine looks like it has been welded at the breech end of the barrel.
also, just struck a deal for a mgc thompson from garyforce (cheers mate) so things are looking rosey.
cheers
jay
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

hudson ak47 Empty

Hi Jay,

Yes, the Hudson AK does vent the gasses out the barrel as the have an "off-set barrel" I.E. the barrel doesn't actually have a straight barrel-bore it has a "jog" in the barrel just under the forearm that, allowed Hudson to make the AK with a open barrel.

So yes, it will vent smoke and gasses out the muzzle.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

hudson ak47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hudson ak47   hudson ak47 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:48 pm

cheers mark, looks like i've got some 'unwelding' to do then
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

hudson ak47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hudson ak47   hudson ak47 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:48 pm

Jay, are you sure that that is welding or is it lead or soldier?

Becareful as the zinc barrel can melt extremely quickly if you try to melt the lead or soldier out...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

hudson ak47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hudson ak47   hudson ak47 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:49 pm

good point,i may be able to drill it out at work if thats the case.
one thing i cant work out is, at the bottom of the breech block there is a hole approx 2mm in diameter,which according to the diagram i have,is where the detonator pin screws in. so how does the smoke and gases continue into the barrel?

cheers
jay
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

hudson ak47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hudson ak47   hudson ak47 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:49 pm

Well Jay, I has been some time since I have had my Hudson AK so, I cannot remember quite how the insides looked if I remember what the chamber looked like, the chamber has a small hole just off to the left (or right) that the gasses and smoke go through. My Hudson madsen and my Sten have the same arrangement.

Also, I know that the Hudson M1A1 Thomposon uses the same arrangement too..Mind you Hudson does seem to change their modelgun specs from time to time..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

hudson ak47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hudson ak47   hudson ak47 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:50 pm

hi mark
is there any chance that the detonator pin is hollow to allow the smoke through,as my chamber only has 1 hole in the centre which the pin is located in,and there are no signs of any type of filling there.
just got an email from modelguncollector.co.uk saying that they can get all the parts i need, but they are going to be pricey.guess i'll have to bite the bullet
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

hudson ak47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hudson ak47   hudson ak47 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:50 pm

Hi Jay,

I seriously cannot remember the Hudson AK's gas venting system very well and the versuon that I had as the older paper cap type. The paper cap detonator that my Hudon AK had was solid.

Take off the front hand guards/lower barrel assy and you will see the gas by-pass system.

I am sorry that I can't quite remember the set-up, as I was disapointed that I could not get it to fire reliably-so, I sold it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hudson ak47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hudson ak47   hudson ak47 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hudson ak47
Page 1 of 1